Mya Staffie DofB 2015 Basildon Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Mya Staffie DofB 2015 Basildon Essex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF1177.jpgmya.jpg
Mya's Story: Mya was taken to the vets to be put to sleep, as her owner couldn't find her a Rescue place and she couldn't take Mya to her new accommodation. The vets found our Rescue via a vet nurse who has links with us. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Mya is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Mya was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Mya.jpeg
DSCF1186.jpgmya.jpg
DSCF1181.jpgmya.jpg
DSCF1189.jpgmya.jpg
Mya's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
17.01.19 A vet nurse texted to say Mya was in a vets to be euthanized as her owner had nowhere for her to go, and asked if we could save Mya. The vet gave her a 1st vaccination and arranged transport to bring her into our safety.
"Her name is Mya, unsure if good with dogs, brought up with children, very friendly, 4 years old, 1st vac given today, vac card sent with dog, spayed according to owner."
Thank you so much Lynne.
Sarahk

Re: Mya Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Sweet little Mya, she was a little bewildered on arrival but soon made friends with all the kennel staff and walkers and was soon bestowing loving kisses on us all xxx
An absolute sweetheart Heart fill with love.gif]
5AE1142E-B0DB-4797-938B-A10B0384FA63.jpeg
97AA8D95-5479-4351-B79D-855230F5CDAE.jpeg
2AA9E0A3-7454-4366-BC68-7179D2D2B95B.jpeg
:welcome.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Eddie was her first love love4.gif
4D0B952E-39DB-4A58-9053-0AA9D94FA887.jpeg
1D56E22E-EF93-483E-BFB3-0AD36D04A938.jpeg
6D13C2F6-22BF-4B36-B7E3-994139B829CF.jpeg
1B387919-EF3F-4ED8-A7AC-6D682BC094DE.jpeg
Heart fill with love.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Cuddles for Jemma too love4.gif
F5AFB5E3-0084-4393-BABF-F33425122BBB.jpeg
D0F472EB-83D5-4003-A83D-BB728D75BE3F.jpeg
6AA287A5-3C5D-4F66-933F-77142A8A1977.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

After all those cuddles, go on then just one more Eddie !!!
F0F10F4F-69C7-489A-88E2-2DE53A0D53A7.jpeg
Mya and I then headed off for a walk and some fun in the paddock :D Her tail
came up and started wagging :D
B42A2E4B-F90A-4E01-A223-09063329923F.jpeg
Heart fill with love.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Look how relaxed Mya became immediately we got to the paddock :D

love4.gif
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Mya was my first walking companion today.

We hadn't met before and she was a little timid when I first entered her kennel, but that lasted no longer than it took her to polish off one of my biscuit treats and we soon had the leads clipped on and headed off.

She was an absolute delight - more of a walker than a sniffer, with no pulling at all. It was very muddy underfoot in the woods so we headed up the lane and joined the easier-going bridle path from its junction with the road. Mya wasn't phased at all by the traffic although she did need some careful guidance along the narrow stretch of verge to prevent her from wandering into the road.

Our route was the longest I've done to date, lasting about an hour, but with the lovely Mya it felt it took half the time.

Freya

Post by Freya »

Mya is such a sweet, quiet little girl. She was looking forward to our walk together and waiting patiently for me to get the leads on. She walks beautifully and didn’t pull at all, we made sure we had lots of cuddles as she loves that! She leans right into your legs and goes all silly 😍 She’s gentle with food and stuck her tongue out when she saw the sausage I had, soooo cute! I love this dog already and can’t wait to see her after my holiday. I’ll be surprised if she’ll still be there when I’m back though! She such a catch! ❤️
794D76F6-4AFB-4C4C-A454-1FA5BFCEA83E.jpeg
96B86E56-3DEB-4193-A20E-5CFE575BD5F9.jpeg
D7DE02D2-1E1B-41AB-BCA3-64C4AC2B7436.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met this lovely girl today, what a Sweetheart! Mya hardly let me in her kennel before she was in my lap and washing my face love4.gif
She walks beautifully, no pulling and is very well behaved. We passed a few dogs and chatted to other walkers and Mya just stood quietly and watched the dogs. I haven't Sussed her yet but no bad reactions. This girl is all about her humans, as they cuddle and give her treats! She does do a brilliant sit and paw. On our walk I found her to be very connected and responsive, I would think she would be a joy to train.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
chloe_stockwell

Re: Mya Staffie DofB 2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by chloe_stockwell »

Mya was my last walk the morning and what a great note to end on!

I hadn't met her before so I went into her run and crouched down to say hello, but it was long until I ended up on my bum after she came running over for a big lean into me and licking my face all over!

She's definitely a people lover, it took ages to get out the car park area because she wanted to go and meet everyone who was around.

She got a little nervous and wanted to back out a couple of times but she was easily swayed with some reassurance, not so much with treats as a bribe though which I would normally rely on!

Lovely girl with a big heart and an obvious love for people and cuddles :)

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”