Simba Staffiex DofB 26.12.13 Farnham

Dogs that have found their forever home
Simz

Re: Simba Staffiex DofB 26.12.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Simz »

Beautiful Simba has come home with me for the weekend 😍
We drove for over 90mins part motorway in my noisy little car and Simba didn't bat an eyelid, he seemed used to car travel and just had a snooze in the back seat. When we got home he enthusiastically greeted my 14year old son who was already home with kisses. He seemed so happy to be in a home! He quickly explored all the rooms then I let him in the garden for a pee. Then straight up on the bed getting comfy! We shared loads of cuddles and kisses and made a fuss of him, he loved it! Came downstairs for dinner, he is not a greedy boy. He just watched us for a while then settled on the sofa for a snooze. It is pretty clear he has enjoyed the comforts of a home before and this is where he belongs. He has not shown any interest at all in any furniture, ornaments, clothing, or shoes around the house, and when I open the door to the garden he runs straight out for a wee a quick sniff then back in without me needing to call him! So far so good, I am soo impressed. Right now he's sleeping on the carpet in front of the tv, I did invite him to join me on the sofa but he is also quite independent and decided not to join me!
Simz

Post by Simz »

Love this boy love4.gif
Simba1.jpg
SImba2.jpg
simba3.jpg
simba4.jpg
simba5.jpg
simba6.jpg
Last edited by Simz on Fri 08 Feb 2019 20:00, edited 2 times in total.
Julieh

Re: Simba Staffiex DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Julieh »

How wonderful. Thank you for giving gorgeous Simba a break from kennels
Simz

Post by Simz »

My pleasure! angel13.gif]
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Love seeing little Simba in a home! And what gorgeous photos of him looking adoringly at your son love4.gif
Simz

Post by Simz »

woo.gif] Simba is such a perfect house guest. No negative behaviour at all to report! Last night I gave him free roam to sleep where he wanted he checked my son was ok in his room then he came to cuddle me for 10mins then he went downstairs and slept on the sofa! He didn't come back up or appear to move around at all during the night, and only got up from his comfy spot when I came down at 7am! After breakfast I asked him if he wanted 'walkies!' His ears pricked up and he tilted his head to one side then calmly went downstairs and sat by the front door! No barking or excited behaviour so I got the lead out and off we went. Initially he was keen to explore the new environment and was pulling for about 5mins then settled down. He is sooo much more relaxed than in kennels, we had a great brisk 1hour walk mainly on roads then through some woodland. And then we ran the last 10minutes home! He loved this and kept looking at me whilst we were running like 'this is gr8!'. Two women we ran past shouted after us 'your dog is gorgeous!', thank you, we know! We did meet a couple dogs out, he showed some interest by looking and leaning towards them and then we passed without any fuss, no bark or anything. In fact he hasn't barked at all since we left kennels. Even when the doorbell rings he shows interest and gets up and heads towards the door but comes back if you call him. Right now I know he's gone upstairs to snooze so I'm gona potter around and do the cleaning and washing. Already I am getting a sinking feeling 😢at the thought of bringing him back to kennels tomorrow, he really deserves a home, he is no trouble at all, beautiful soul and I would truly keep him if I could! ❤️
Simz

Post by Simz »

Relaxed
Simba7.jpg
Last edited by Simz on Sat 09 Feb 2019 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Simz

Post by Simz »

Rolling in the grass!
Simba8.jpg
Simz

Post by Simz »

So in love with this sweetie 😍
Left him for an hour or so while I popped to pick up a friend and initially he came to the door with me then when I said 'stay' he jumped back on the sofa for a snooze. When we got back he was in the same spot and enthusiastically greeted my friend and my mum and laid on the charm! It worked, He is such a darling!
On our evening walk he walked well, he doesn't realise the danger of roads though and will pull on lead if he realises we are crossing regardless of the traffic. He doesn't appear to be fazed or startled by anything or show any signs of nervousness or uncertainty at all! We did see a cat and they had a staring contest, the cat won cuz we had to go! He did pull towards the cat but no barking or anything. When we got home he had a quick play with the stuffed duck and tennis ball which annoyingly are squeeky. He is not massively playful prefers a nice stroke/ cuddle and some comfort and space. He likes going in the garden too just exploring and sniffing the air/ feeling the breeze on his face. I can imagine he likes to sunbathe in the summer and make the most of his garden. He really needs a home!
Simz

Post by Simz »

Last night he settled in his spot on the sofa and I went to bed. During the night he came in and settled on the rug in my room and spent the rest of the night sleeping there. He really won me and my son over and it was difficult knowing I had to bring him back! In the morning after breakfast we went for a long walk then he happily hopped in the car for the journey back. When approaching his kennel he suddenly found his voice (after not barking all weekend) and barked to let his neighbours know he was back! He did try to squeeze out with me again as I left his kennel and it was difficult to leave him 😢 But I know he doesn't have long to wait to get his home, Love this boy so much ❤️

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”