Dexter Staffie DofB 01.04.09 - 21st September 22

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Sarahk

Re: Dexter Staffie DofB 04.2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Handsome Dexter strutted his stuff for our Christmas photo shoot earlier this month, safe to say he’s nailed the Christmas look love4.gif
D909441A-4EAE-48D8-A2E8-E76873D3CA61.jpeg
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

a couple more from his christmas photo shoot - merry christmas dear Dexter xxx
DSC07488.JPG
DSC07481.JPG
love4.gif newyear.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Judy

Post by Judy »

Lovely Xmas photos of Dexter. This lovely boy was very pleased to be going out walking this afternoon, he is still frustrated with his situation which he shows in trying to get hold of the lead handles but as soon as he exits his kennel he quickly forgets this and walks out nicely. He was squirrel watching again today and enjoyed the thought of chasing them. I do hope Dexter finds his forever home very soon he really does deserve to. Heart fill with love.gif]
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Dexter is a smashing dog. He was really calm in his kennel this morning, and I had no issues with lead grabbing at all, it just wasn't evident. He calmly walked past all the other dogs in the kennel block and he was an angel on his walk. Dexter only pulls slightly when he sees something, like a cat or squirrel. He passed other dogs very well today, a bit keen on the lead when he saw them, but walked past with no problems. Dexter will sit quickly when asked and did this at all the roads. He is a friendly boy and is good company.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Dexter was more wound up when I took him out of the kennel today. He tried a bit of lead grabbing so I just kept walking and he had stopped by the time we reached the car park. Dexter is a well behaved walk but he can get a bit wound up when he passes another dog. I did manage to distract him with treats though, and he did a lovely sit, focused on me while a strange dog passed by. This will need to be continued with him so he settles. He is a lovely friendly boy and I like walking him. He is very alert to small things moving so I would say not for cats.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I have walked Dexter a few times now and he is a smashing boy. He lead grabs coming out of the kennel, but soon settles once he is walking and away from the stress of leaving the kennels.

He happily bimbles along on his walks. He responds to his name well and enjoys his treats. He has the cutest smiley face ever! He loves a cuddle and is a wonderful staffie. love4.gif

2018-12-29 11.27.24.jpg
2018-12-22 09.50.38.jpg
Just the cutest smile
Just the cutest smile
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jokav

Post by Jokav »

Hi

I’m had the absolute pleasure of walking this handsome chap today

He’s such a good boy and we even met a horse n rider on our travels - he was naturally inquisitive but didn’t show any aggression at all

In the right hands this gorgeous boy will make a lovely companion - although he is small, he is very strong 💪 but has the most loving personality

Jo
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took the gorgeous Dexter out this afternoon, although he was excited to be going out he didn't do any lead grabbing just keen to get out and get going. Dexter is very receptive to instruction, he waited when asked before crossing over various roads and walked really well. When we got back to his kennel he waited patiently for his sausage treats. Such a lovely boy with a great temperament. love4.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I think Dexter, like many dogs, is wound up in kennels and would be a different dog away from the hype. He does have a lovely nature and I can see a calm side to him as well, so I forgive the kennels hyped dog that first appears. Poor darling boy should be in a home at his age, but it will come, bless him.
Judy

Post by Judy »

I had a lovely greeting from Dexter this afternoon, he was very keen to get out and get going. On our way we had a horse rider pass us on a narrow path, Dexter didn't react just looked and carried on walking. We did pass by a garden which had a big German Shepherd running around barking, although Dexter didn't react by barking or growling he did become a bit anxious which is understandable but as soon as we had walked by he soon settled down. Dexter is a lovely boy with a great temperament, I just hope he finds his forever home very soon. Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”