Donny Staffie x 1/4 Ridgeback DofB 2011 - 23rd June 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Donny Staffie x 1/4 Ridgeback DofB 2011 - 23rd June 2022

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF8122.jpgdonny.jpg
23rd June 2022 Sad news
I am so sorry to have to tell you that Donny has left us for a better place.

We had initially thought he would see the summer, then we were down to thinking the next few weeks, but he had a few bad days and then a really bad night.

I had, quite early on, found details of a vet who would come to the house when the time was right.
I was determined that he was going to go gently.

When the time came the vet came to the house and we sat, with my daughter and Donny, on the grass in the sunshine, Donny had all his things round him, he loved the vet and we chatted about Don in general and then his problems and then he examined him.
He gave us his opinion and we were able to discuss it with out pressure.

When we made the decision Donny was given a sedative and allowed plenty of time for it to work before the final injection.

It was the best farewell we could give him, on the grass in the sunshine, peaceful with no rush or stress.

We loved Donny he will join our portrait gallery of 'those we have loved'.

Take care

Sue
flower18.jpg
Donny Thread's below:
Current Status: Homed
Donny's Story: Donny's previous owner had him since he was a puppy. Donny's father was a Staffie x Ridgeback, and his mother was a Staffie. Donny has done well, but since he was attacked by another dog, he has become a little nervous of other dogs. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Donny enjoys human company and can get stressed being left, as he was used to his owner's father being with him during the day. However, this companionship ended due to the father's ill health. Donny is a lovely boy who has so much love to give; he has spent time with children of all ages, but has never lived with them. Donny is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Donny is usually in boarding kennels near Gatwick, but is currently enjoying his foster home in Crawley whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF7642.jpgdonny.jpg
DSCF7639.jpgdonny.jpg
DSCF7659.jpgdonny.jpg
Donny's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Urgent call from a vet Nurse who had heard a healthy Staffie x was being put to sleep as owner couldn't find a rescue place as since he was attacked by another dog he had become defensive with certain dogs. Donny came in as a emergency 23.09.18.
Donny2.JPG
Donny3.JPG
Donny4.JPG
Donny5.JPG
anne

Re: Donny Staffie x 1/4 Ridgeback DofB 7yrs Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Donny was a bit nervous and overwhelmed in the kennels yesterday but nevertheless, he was gentle and friendly when I greeted him in his kennel. He was so good and patient while I swopped his harness for a smart new one and he seemed worried but not reactive to the other dogs in their kennels as we headed out for a walk. Donny walked really nicely on the lead, and cheered up away from the noise of the kennels. He has a lovely calm, kind nature and is very, very handsome.
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF7656.jpgdonny.jpg
DSCF7652.jpgdonny.jpg
DSCF7646.jpgdonny.jpg
DSCF7643.jpgdonny.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Donny seemed much happier yesterday when I took him out for a walk. He walks beautifully on the lead and really is such a calm, gentle and easy dog to be with. We met Perry walking with Sue, by the bridge, and Donny helped Perry navigate the steps up to the bridge which he finds difficult due to his eyesight. Perry seemed happier and more confident with Donny so we continued our walk together and Donny was amazingly relaxed and gentle alongside Perry. Donny is a very special soul.
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Oh Donny I've just seen that you have a wonderful ridge that's just as good as my crazy pedigree rescue ridgeback girl's. What a smasher !! And what a gentleman.
anne

Re: Donny Staffie x 1/4 Ridgeback DofB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
DSCF8109.jpgdonny.jpg
DSCF8113.jpgdonny.jpg
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

I love the fact that he has one staffie ear and one Ridgeback ear love4.gif
Julieb

Post by Julieb »

I was lucky to take donny for a walk on Friday during my induction, what a lovely boy he is, stunning looking & lovely to walk, a great way to introduce me to the walking family. Looking forward to next time.
anne

Post by anne »

Donny is proving how well he gets on with other dogs. He walked with Tia this morning and the two dogs were totally relaxed together. We met lots of dogs on our walk and Donny and Tia greeted them all politely or walked past without taking much notice. At one point we met a pack of 5 dogs all off lead and all the greetings between them and Donny and Tia were lovely and relaxed.
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Lovely video. Did Donny have a weekend break?

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”