Lexon (Lexis) Staffie DofB 10.08.17 Leicester

Dogs that have found their forever home
KateM17

Re: Lexon Staffie DofB 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KateM17 »

I had a lovely walk with Lexon this morning. It was my first time meeting him, so I entered his kennel with plenty of sausages! He is a happy boy and was very patient whilst I re-arranged his harness. He was keen to get on his way and followed Rocco quite happily. He is a very good walker and enjoyed sniffing the woods and didn't mind the rain. He takes treats very gently and was happy to move and wait on the side of the pathway whilst a few joggers jogged on by. He is gentle and every so often turned around, and jumped up for a cuddle and a stroke. I thought he was a lovely boy and he appeared to be happy when I told him so. X thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

We can now see how much Lexon's confidence is growing. He greets walkers with lovely hugs when they enter his kennel. He knows the routine and is excited to be going out for a walk. Once out walking he now walks confidently up ahead of me, but always checking back to see all is OK. He is a real people staffie and just adores cuddles.
DSCF8363.jpglexis.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Lexon walked with Louise this morning. I was going to walk with them with Frankie but while Lexis walked calmly with Charlie dog last week, (Charlie largely ignored Lexon) Frankie got a bit excited and asked Lexon to play. Lexon really didn't know how to deal with this and got rather anxious, bless him. We parted and went our separate ways to allow Lexis to settle and enjoy his walk. Louise reported that they passed 2 dogs who ignored Lexon and he was fine, when they passed a dog who barked at him, he got very anxious. We shall try social walks for Lexon with very calm, quiet dogs to build his confidence.
xxlynne

Re: Lexon (Lexis) Staffie DofB 10.08.17 Leicester

Post by xxlynne »

Lexon was met in his kennel today and Adam smiled to see him spinning around in excitement to go for a walk that I nearly fell over circled by an ever tightening lead!

Out of the kennel Lexon headed forward to greet with love Nicola and the boys soon to become his new family. The Lizzie came out to walk with his and they exchanged words and met repeatedly nose to nose and soon were settled together. Time to go to the paddock and Lexon having shown his twisting skilled twisted his family around his little paw and tied his homing up in a big BOW!
Lexis1.JPG
Lexis5.JPG
Fran

Post by Fran »

I was so pleased to see this homing - I could tell when Lexon came out of his kennel - he was the one for them. Here is a message from Nicola and Adam:

Quick update, our handsome fur-boy settled well last night when home after a long journey which he didn't batter an eye lid, relaxed and happy to meet our youngest two children who absolutely adore him. He's had two long walks, one last night and again this morning. He is enjoying his yummy chicken, treats and playing and rolling round having lots of fun.

Great team at RR!!!
:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Rescue Remedies

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Another update from Nicola and Adam - looks like Lexon has settled in really well into his new home.........

Lexon has been amazing with settling into his new environment & his new home. He greets us with such delight each morning when Adam is up the earliest to walk Lexon before he sets off to work. Throughout the day Lexon has so much fun running in the garden, chewing tennis balls (lots) and popping football's haha :) In the evening when I return from work, Lexon greets me with a big jump up & hug. He truly has melted our hearts and eased into his new surrounding with happiness.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”