Billy Staffie x DofB 06.2017 Heelands Milton Keynes

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Billy Staffie x DofB 06.2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

We've had the honour of the lovely Billy as a house guest once again, I've updated the post above this one with some edits.

He recognised Coco and I straight away when we collected him from the kennel, he gave us both kisses and then was very keen to get in the car and get going. He and Coco have had some extended play sessions and he has remained calm and inside a sensible boundary throughout these. I also let them have a raggy and supervised their play, he is not very good at sharing a game of tug with Coco, but happily played with me and I think it would only take a little bit of reassurance to get him happy to share the play with another dog.

My gut feeling is that he is much more black Labrador than staffie. It's especially apparent in his gait when running and how he interacts with his surroundings when on a walk. We had a short walk today with him on the extender lead and his recall is really good, he is responsive to the first call of his name. He is entirely unflustered by other dogs, we had two today that got right up in his face and barked at him and his response was to turn his head and walk away.

He has a bit of separation anxiety at the moment, but I think this is mainly down to his young age and the fact he has had a reasonably uncertain and changeable start to his life. I don't think it would take a lot to train this out of him, he is very responsive to learning and there is a self confident dog waiting to be shown some stability and love just waiting in there.
Luella

Post by Luella »

So glad he’s back with you especially during this blasted firework season. Sure you & Coco will help him no end. Thank you
rob_w

Post by rob_w »

Luella wrote: Sat 03 Nov 2018 18:33 So glad he’s back with you especially during this blasted firework season. Sure you & Coco will help him no end. Thank you
I meant to put; he has been entirely unfussed by the fireworks, he even went outside to answer the call of nature during the height of it here.

Unfortunately we had to drop him back to the kennel today as we've got a number of things going on over the next few days and he would have had to have been left for over five hours, which didn't seem fair.
anne

Post by anne »

Billy enjoyed a social walk with Joseph today
anne

Post by anne »

It's so lovely walking Tia and Billy together. They are the best of friends and choose to stay close to each other throughout the walk, waiting for the other to catch up if they get behind.
xxlynne

Re: Billy Staffie x DofB 06.2017 Heelands Milton Keynes

Post by xxlynne »

Billy emerged increasingly as a Star in our Rescue and bought a lot of people joy in meeting.

Today Cheryl and her sons Kyle, Hayden and Connor met Billy and are so happy with him

Thanks to all our volunteers who helped in his joyous ride through Rescue... but special thanks to Jo the committed vet who saved him and gave him a sound foundation whilst waiting for him to come into our care...and RobW and family for offering Billy sociability with Coco his Staffie and Alfie his cat and ofcourse his children.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

aaaaand here they are, happy families thumbs.gif
billy homed.jpg
Fran

Post by Fran »

What a lovely surprise to see that Billy was Homed today. He has waited patiently and thanks to RobW for giving Billy a break from kennels. A special thanks to Jo who saved Billy's life, and is so happy to see him Homed. Enjoy woo.gif] woo.gif]

Message from Cheryl
Hi Luisa. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and all the staff and volunteers at Rescue Remedies. Billy is an absolute star, we have all fallen in love with him and he’s settling in beautifully!! He’s eaten really well, loves his toys and garden and enjoyed a fabulous walk around woods near our home! The journey home was great too. He settled really well in the crate and slept on and off for the whole 2hr journey back. He’s even responding to training with us already...brilliant!! Thanks again! Xx Cheryl
IMG_4379.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”