Buds Staffie DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
anne

Re: Buds Staffie DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:41 pm

We took Buds and Nyla to the paddock this morning and do they love a play. Buds was especially entertaining, clowning around. He is a very happy, affectionate monkey who sometimes forgets his size and strength.
DSCF6550.jpgbuds.jpg
DSCF6554.jpgbuds.jpg
DSCF6556.jpgbuds.jpg
staffie face wash alert!
0002.gif]
DSCF6568.jpgbuds.jpg

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Buds came out of his kennel a dog on a mission.....a mission to enjoy every second of his walk!! He was a bull in a china shop for the first 5 minutes of our walk - but settled after some off lead time in the paddock. As Anne has said above, he forgets how big and strong he is but a few firm uh uh’s and he soon remembers his manners again. He did give another dog a good telling off as he passed - but passed another dog 20 minutes later without any reaction what so ever. Buds is a lovely, exuberant boy - who was a different dog away from the hustle and bustle of the kennels.xx.
FA00A998-4457-4809-A52D-28C1DD237517.jpeg
ADD17341-3A94-47A8-A563-328132B3567A.jpeg

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Geoff walked beautiful Buds today whilst I walked the lovely Nyla. These two are always so pleased to see you and so happy to be going for a walk. They are always full of energy because they really need more walks than they get, but take them to the paddock for 5-10 minutes of playing and then everyone has a wonderful walk. Buds is so affectionate he is a big gorgeous buffoon, but he is very responsive to command and definitely understands ‘slow down’ and ‘gently now’.!!! Buds and Nyla definitely love each other and they play beautifully together, but I do think they could be happy rehomed separately as well. Buds is a super staffie.

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:36 am

Buds has the prime positioned kennel with his best friend Nyla. He is a smart boy, he sits there, calm as a cucumber, puppy dog eyes which plead passers by to give him a treat....they all do thumbs.gif. He can get a little stressed leaving the kennel block but is fine when out - it’s just excitement and not knowing what to do with it. He pulls, but after some off lead time in the paddock this lessens considerably. Buds is such an affectionate boy - I had all of the rain licked off of my face yesterday - thanks buds - who knew a staffie could turn in to a towel?!! He’s a good boy who just needs to remember he’s also a big lump - but I kind of like his full on cuddles - even though I did almost fall on my backside a few times (don’t worry - extremely large, soft landing 0002.gif] ).

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Geoff walked Buds whilst I took Nyla today, our usual arrangement as Buds is bigger than Nyla and Geoff is bigger than me! We had a quick play in the paddock to begin with to burn off some of that excess energy that not enough walks produces and then had a lovely walk with these two. Buds is quite happy to let Nyla take the lead and likes to walk with his head level with my knees, this is very sweet, but the odd nudge from him tends to unbalance me so I discourage it!! Back to the paddock for a play and Buds decided to sit next to me on the swing seat. To be fair he tried to sit in my lap first, but as he is almost the same size as me when we are both sitting down it was plain this wasn’t really going to work! So he sat next to me and cuddled in. Buds is just a big softie, he is so loving and so lovable. He’s a very handsome boy, but his character is more buffoon. I feel that Buds would miss Nyla perhaps more than she would miss him if they were rehomed separately, but I also think that Buds has so much love to give he would adapt and be happy with his very own ‘hooman’ to make a fuss of him

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:53 am

Buds is a happy, extremely affectionate boy. Tony and myself took him and his best friend Nyla out for a lovely walk on Sunday. Buds was whimpering when I took Nyla somewhere safe to adjust her harness....bless him. He’s vocal when he passes other dogs - but if they don’t react he soon stops. He loves to charge about in the paddock, trying to steal whatever Nyla has but although he’s stronger than her she’s smarter and quicker than him.....she holds her own. As soon as I sit down, he’s on my lap just showering me with staffie kisses. Buds has lots of love to give - he just sometimes needs to remember his size and strength when sharing his love. Xx.
ACA5DC99-845E-48C6-92E5-4AAEBD39FB85.jpeg
2B53E814-774E-45E6-8630-08647D21C0F2.jpeg

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Buds is an amiable buffoon, and a very handsome one. Geoff took him out yesterday whilst I took little Nyla. Buds is a big boy, a lovely solid staffie and he has a super temperament. Yes he does bark at other dogs, although to be fair today it was after they had passed us! He loves Nyla, without a doubt, and he can get a bit rough in his play as he gets over excited, a very common staffie trait, and the easiest way to calm him is just to hold him, instant calm down, and play can resume. Buds is still a young dog. I just adore the way Buds now comes to sit next to me in the paddock and leans against me for a cuddle. It is very reassuring cuddling Buds, he has such a lovely solid feel to him. I would love to see this boy adopted into his own home, he has so much to give.

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:55 am

Took buds and his kennel friend Nyla for a reeeeeeeally long walk on Sunday morning - he loves being out and about. He gave a few onlead passing dogs a good telling off but the more worn out he got, the less this became. Joggers and cyclists passed us - asked Buds to sit and wait and that’s what he did.....although he did try to go for a run with one of the joggers immediately afterwards - cheeky boy. Buds knows we are going to walk him when he sees us and comes right to his kennel door, sits there and wags his tail - very sweet. We are not supposed to have favourites but Buds has stolen Tony’s heart - yes he’s a bit of an oaf (Buds not tony 0002.gif] ) but he is a very loving, cheeky boy who is full of character. XX
0ABB2C26-8D7B-43DC-8FA9-022FF8CC6F54.jpeg
0D6ADCD7-0958-4577-8236-504127DA5826.jpeg

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:17 pm

I think we met every single dog within a 10 mile radius out on our walk today.....and 50% of them on a narrow pathway :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: Buds gave the first one a good telling off, recovered, then was faced with another one less than a minute afterwards and so it went on. In the end I’m sure buds got bored with telling them off - the last dog we passed barely got one woof. The synchronised rolling on the grass with his kennel friend Nyla is not to be missed and had me and Tony laughing so much. One does it, the other copies - both perfectly in time with each other. This went on for quite some time but was lovely to watch. Love walking with buds and Nyla. Xx.
54840DE4-CB59-4814-80A7-3CCCC928E55A.jpeg

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Geoff walked beautiful Buds today whilst I walked lovely Nyla. Buds is just such a gorgeous boy, a real heart stealer. He is a big handsome boy, with the soul of a puppy! He so enjoys his walks, he loves playing with Nyla, he loves the potential of chasing squirrels, but he absolutely adores smooching up to you for a cuddle. Now he did try and sit on my lap again today when we got back to the paddock, and no, he will not fit! So when he got settled next to me he I hugged him and we then had a gorgeous ten minutes of him sitting pressed against my side with me rubbing his ear. He needs a family who understands there is still a baby inside that solid body, but oh he is beautiful in looks and nature xxx love4.gif

Return to “2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”