Carly Staffie Pair DofB 2014 Westerham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Carly Staffie Pair DofB 2014 Westerham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
SholaCarly92.JPG
Carly's Story: Shola & Carly were removed from their home due to extreme neglect; they were skeletal when they were rescued in March 2018. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving their lives. They have now recovered to full health and have been spayed, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Shola & Carly were in kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting their new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Sholacarly90.JPG
Sholacarly91.jpg
SholaCarly89.JPG
Carly's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
25.05.18: Hi Lynne, I have been asked to see if you may help with these two. Shola is 13 years old and Carly is 4 years old. They are inseparable, they love each other so much. The problem is we are concerned that Shola won’t get put through for homing due to age and they won’t get a chance to go together within another Rescue. Shola has lots of lumps and bumps and needs her teeth doing, we can get this done but we needed her to be up to weight first (they were emaciated). We are likely to do this beginning of next week late May. I only have them at one of our kennels until then, they will then be moved so I will need to look to move them end of next week if you are able to help them. Please let me know if you can help with them, I will get everything done prior to them coming to you. They really are a lovely pair and would be better going through a bull breed rescue.
As always, thank you. Vx
27.05.18: Hi Lynne,
Thanks so much. I have booked Shola for all her surgeries Thursday and Carly for a spay. I can push it over the weekend and then will have to move them Monday 4th June. Would this be OK? They are microchipped, vaccinated etc. Everyone is so pleased that you can help as I don’t suppose Shola will live years longer, but the time she does have left it would be lovely for her to have a home that is loving, rather than the only one she has known that starved her almost to death.
Thanks again Vx
Jan Case

Re: Shola Carly Bonded pair Staffie DofB 2005/14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I met Shola and Carly yesterday and took them for a walk. I was a little concerned whether Shola would manage one of our treks, she isn’t young and she is still shaved from her recent surgery to remove some lumps. I needn’t have worried. Both dogs were so easy to harness up and very happy to set out. They both show the signs of abuse, neglect and a hard life, I am sure Shola has been used as a breeding machine, but their little tails wagged happily all through their walk, Shola not only kept up, but took the lead, with a little skip and a jump. Carly is such a pretty little pup. It is humbling to see how much love and trust these two have in humans, after everything they have been through. Everything crossed that they don’t wait very long before their special humans come to take them home. Although for sure, Rescue is better than anything they have had before. Heartbreakers both of them, and very bonded, they need to stay together. Shouldn’t be a problem, neither of them is very big!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to meet Shola and Carly yesterday love4.gif love4.gif
DSC04950.JPG
DSC04940.JPG
DSC04946.JPG
DSC04930.JPG
DSC04933.JPG
DSC04939.JPG
DSC04937.JPG
DSC04942.JPG
DSC04943.JPG
DSC04945.JPG
DSC04947.JPG
DSC04949.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What a cheeky pair these two are love4.gif
Kim and I were met with sheer joy and exuberance this morning in their kennel. Carly will pinch all the treats from Shona if she isnt quick enough but nobody seems to mind. We had a lovely walk, and we were both surprised how far Shona wanted to walk and didn't really seem her age. Both girls walk very nicely and are well mannered. Carly will nibble your hand for attention but it's nothing mouthy. Both dogs crave cuddles and are really appreciative of all the love and attention they are getting. Lovely pair of characters who are such fun.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

As they are new arrivals I popped into the girls kennel today for a cuddle and hellos .Such happy little dogs they greeted me with wags and licks .We shared treats whilst I invited some new walkers to meet the pair.
They are utterly adorable , Tiny and loving .
A horrible time they have come through but they showed no fear as we all approached their new space .

I don't think this pair will be waiting long for a home x angel13.gif]
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked these lovely, loving girls on Wednesday. They are easy to harness, easy to walk, easy to love. It was very warm so we shortened the walk a little and took them to the paddock to play. They loved running around the paddock and Carly adored running with a tennis ball on her mouth. Shola decided a bit of gardening was in order and had a lot of fun attacking a very low overhanging tree branch. For a small Staffy it was an impressive effort, for one her age it was astonishing!! Much fun was had.
14B469ED-D03A-453A-A491-0C92503EB29A.jpeg
3B711CBC-6C75-41F0-AECC-634FFEC71FFC.jpeg
Jojo18

Re: Shola Carly Bonded pair Staffie DofB 2005/14 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20180618_161356.jpg

A very bonded pair ....They walk in unison together x
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20180618_161426.jpg
i
Wonderful Duo such loving girls
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Oh this pair what a delight. Little Shola reminds me of Codi and Carly is like Sandy. After a short walk I took them to the paddock so that Shola could just bimble about while Carly played ball. That seemed to suit them quite well. They are so tiny..

JennyW

Post by JennyW »

Such lovely girls thumbs.gif!
91219304-B6F0-42B5-B725-9455D11DDC2E.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”