Phoebe (Tara) Staffie DofB 31.05.12 West Kingsdown Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
pits

Re: Tara Staffie DofB 31.05.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Here's tiny Tara today. She was very shy at first, she warms up to you soon after though and though timid she does enjoy attention and having fun. Her fur is extremely soft and she's a beautiful dog.
t3s.jpg
t2s.jpg
t4s.jpg
t1s.jpg
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Sweet Tara such a stunning girl ! A little nervous at first as she's moved to a new kennels so still adapting to the new environment and noisy neighbours.
Upon our first meet she was very receptive to a new strange walker. She happily stood whilst her harness was adjusted and didn't mind at all the time that this took. She's easy to walk very content once she's out and easily passes other dogs or stands happily to the side if they need to walk on first with barely a glance from Tara as they pass by .She doesn't pull and will happily walk along side her kennel friends .
A special girl looking for a loving home
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Tara is lovely small staffie, she's a sentive girl (as you would expect given what she has gone through), but she opens up to you quickly. I've walked her one on one a couple of times and we've taken some quiet walks where we can sit down and get to know each other and also do a few commands; sit (she already knows), paw (is a bit new) and Tara come (she is getting very good at). This little girl has sooo much love to give and needs a nice quite family/person(s) that will be understanding of her as she so wants to love and be snuggled.
Lovely little Tara
Lovely little Tara
Tara1.JPG
Elliesmum

Re: Tara Staffie DofB 31.05.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I met up with Tara for the first time since she was first at Gatwick. I thought it was a different dog! Gone is the scared little girl who never used to want to come out of her kennel, and she is a delight to walk. She walked on a slack lead, no sign of the nerves she used to have, and met all other dogs very politely. Tara is a very sweet, pretty girl, who is gentle and very light on the lead. She is quiet but affectionate.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

I have been slow at sharing this photo of Tara that I took on a walk from Guildford kennels earlier this week, but I still wanted to share it as it shows just how gorgeous Tara is (and especially her cute spotted ears!)! We've had two outings this week and I absolutely love walking Tara. Having read that she can be nervous, it was a wonderful to see her walking along most of the way with her tail held high and eager to explore. She leant into me for a good cuddle when we sat down, and responded well to voice commands and liked her treats. We saw some deer not far off, which she looked at - hence the photo - but didn't react or pull towards them at all (you can see how loose the leads are). Tara's a beautiful dog who shouldn't be in kennels long.
Tara Jan19 small.jpg
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

Tara was a joy to walk today, I got a lovely greeting cuddle in her kennel and after being a very patient girl to be harnessed we were off for our walk. She was very calm leaving the kennels and it is clear her confidence is really growing. Very responsive to encouragement and guidance while we were out and she is very engaged in her environment- lots of sniffing and being alert for what is going on around her which was lovely to see. We came across a few people and Tara initiated some lovely hellos gaining her some new admirers as she really is such a sweetheart. Hope she finds a home soon, she really is special.
Natski212

Post by Natski212 »

love4.gif so in love with this little girly!! Had our first walk together today, right from the get go, she was patient and calm, stayed very still to let me harness her and was excited to walk. We walked with the lovely Rizzie (& Evie) and Tara led beautifully, checking every now and again he was still with us. Whilst walking down steps, she was very sweet and took them at my pace (slowly due to mud)! I absolutely adore her and hope she finds a loving home soon, she will make the perfect addition to any home
xxlynne

Re: Tara Staffie DofB 31.05.12 Northampton

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Kaylie and Joseph came today in search of their next Staffie....Tara captured their hearts.

Tara will be arriving home now and finding 'the love' she was always destined to have within her very own family.

Heart fill with love.gif]
Hilbs

Post by Hilbs »

6AF01B4B-1692-4521-A73B-6B42CDCEAB0D.jpeg
I was slow in writing my update this week about my special walk I had with Tara on Tuesday. She holds a special place in my heart and to see the progress she has made during the time she has been in the care of RR is so simply heart warming. She has gone from such a timid soul to knowing her self worth and really showed her new found confidence this week while we were out.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Our hearts are broken this evening as we have just returned from the long trip to Guildford to return Tara, who, despite stealing our hearts completely, needs more from us than we are able to provide.

Tara is so loving and affectionate and loves a cuddle on the sofa, but she's not very independent and this means we're not able to leave her without causing anxiety. Whilst this was manageable for us temporarily, Tara was unhappy in these situations and this highlighted that our lifestyle may not be best suited to Tara's needs. We discussed training, daycare and behaviourist options with Hayley and Lynn but were advised this would be unsuitable so soon in the rehoming process, which is why we took advice and agreed to bring her back to Rescue Remedies.

We're very sad that this is how our time with Tara has come to an end, but hope that with this post we can encourage the right family for this beautiful girl to come forward.

Tara is a quick learner and grasped “sit”, “off”, “middle” and “bed” quickly. She loves her soft bed, her blue and yellow duck tug toy, and a kong filled with kibble and peanut butter. She was great on walks but can get nervous around other dogs but this improved with us and could be resolved with time and training.

The main thing Tara needs is a understanding of her insecurities and how they transpire in the home environment, and the time to settle in and see this through with her. We are so remorseful that we are not the right people for the job, but we so desperately want Tara to find the right family.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”