Finn Staffie x DofB 06.02.16 Epping Forest

Dogs that have found their forever home
Stu

Re: Finn Staffie x DofB 06.02.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Stu »

I had a nice walk with Finn today and he was much better with his bigger muzzle only managing to get it off a couple of times. He is also much less stressed in his current kennel and easier to get out because he doesn't have to pass noisy neighbours. He seemed to really enjoy being out on such a lovely afternoon and was his usual very affectionate self.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

I walk Finn regularly on a Sunday - he knows I always bring him squeezy cheese which he LOVES!! He’s not always keen to have his muzzle put on or to keep it on and the cheeky monkey has learned a few manoeuvres to try and get it off. He was very affectionate on Sunday and preferred to be cuddled than to go for a walk - he really is the most affectionate boy. We walked, stopped, had cuddles, this went on for the whole time we were out....until I actually felt bad for making him walk so I took him to the paddock for some off lead time instead. I left Finn to do his own thing - after 5 minutes he sat by my side and happily removed the innertube of a football. Finn makes me go all maternal - silly I know - but I just want to cuddle him, reassure him, and make him realise he’s a wonderful boy who has nothing to fear from other dogs. Xx.
4AD900E7-135F-4E48-AFA3-357BB54B9E86.jpeg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Finny Finn was such a good boy on his walk today and he made a new friend. I’m away next weekend and I knew I’d worry about him (I’m such a daft softie) so last Sunday and this Sunday he met his new bestie Rebecca (he only remembered I was actually there twice and we was out for an hour - CHEEK :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: :smiley-rolleyes010.gif:). Finn wears a muzzle - and although Rebecca is more than capable, I just wanted to show her how to get it on with minimal fuss and how to reassure Finn when his nerves get the better of him - which rarely happens now. Well I might as well of been invisible - Finn LOVED having a new friend and walked beautifully with Rebecca......I was like the third wheel! Finn is a wonderful boy who sometimes just needs a little reassurance and a cuddle to make him feel all brave again. I know I mother him and probably drive him nuts with my constant kissing him but he never objects. Xx.
With his new friend Rebecca.xx
With his new friend Rebecca.xx
B7AC5D63-3CC6-4385-B6F1-7302FCC55AEC.jpeg
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

ahhhhhhhhh Finny-Finster. What a boy! Kim helped me with the squeezy cheese and we had a smaller muzzle. We were soon off and out. Finn is such a cuddle monster and initially walked VERY close to my legs - I have bruises on the backs of my legs from where he was nudging them with his muzzle 😉. (I'm like a peach - I bruise very easily!) But then he got a bit more confidence so strode out in front. We had a good walk up the lane, round to the start of the bridle path - he's not bothered by traffic - and then up the bridle path and round to the woodland walk and to the Poet's Hut where we had the BEST cuddles. He's such a soft lad. love4.gif Back to his kennel and it was all a bit of kerfuffle as his brunch was waiting for him but I didn't have time to get his harness and muzzle off. Fortunately Natalie was passing by the front of his kennel so she quick sticks got his muzzle over so he could chow down. 0002.gif]
Finn & me
Finn & me
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Finn is a cuddle bottom - i often think he’d rather I just sit and cuddle him than go for a walk. Our walks take quite some time - he likes to stop and just be fussed, hugged, kissed. Maybe I over indulge him - maybe he over indulges me - i luuuuuurve a Finn cuddle. He seems much more relaxed around other dogs - the security of his muzzle means I am not at all bothered by off lead dogs springing out of nowhere - so we walk where we want to without me being cautious. I’ve never thought Finn is dog aggressive - I think he just has no idea how to be with other dogs, gets over excited and silly - but I’ve had none of this for quite some time now. We had a lovely, relaxed walk - love my time with Finn. Xx.
2CDAEA03-8873-4050-9159-9157FB57BC70.jpeg
58431953-9A19-48C0-B591-8CAA9A77D948.jpeg
RosC

Post by RosC »

Finn seems to be used to wearing his muzzle now and on his walk on Saturday he didn't spend his time trying to pull it off thumbs.gif
We had a very social walk with 4 other dogs and Finn was so good with no bother about anyone in front, behind or beside him the whole walk. Finn has always been the most people friendly dog you could imagine and LOVES his cuddles. He would spend all day cuddled up to you if he could, he has a little vulnerability about him where he needs contact for reassurance but that just makes him more endearing love4.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

It is testament to how far Finn has come and what great people skills he has, that he was my first choice to walk with new walker Rachel. On top of that he also had a lovely social walk with Rocco - both dogs very well behaved. Finn kept trying to walk under my legs if I wasn’t giving him enough cuddles - I was almost riding him like a horse!!! I have a huge soft spot for Finn - I know I baby him but he’s such a loving boy I just can’t help myself. He was brilliant today - very, very, very proud of him. Xx.
F42CCB6C-A2D8-4FF9-A2D1-39F2EF518EF0.jpeg
FD326BB4-04EF-48BA-8B3D-6D4D137D56FB.jpeg
Stu

Post by Stu »

I had a lovely long walk with Finn today in the winter sunshine and for the first time ever he walked for nearly all the walk without trying to get his muzzle off. He also didn't keep banging into the back of my legs either which makes walking difficult. He has come a long way since I first walked him and is much less stressed even around the kennels where he would get himself into a state whenever you were near them
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Finn is making new friends all the time now, this week I introduced him to lynds.....I left them 2 minutes in to their walk without a backward glance from Finn.....cheek!!! I cannot stress enough what a loving boy he is - if he could spend all day being cuddled he would. Last Sunday I took him to the paddock, he mooched about but all he was really interested in was more cuddles. He can still get a little anxious with bouncy dogs but I’ve not had a moments silliness from him in longer than I can remember. Love him to bits. Xx.
37F7C095-0AEA-4D24-9C1F-278717616EE8.jpeg
0DA1CD66-10D4-4996-9A5A-4C0BF24F38E4.jpeg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Finn is such a great example of how our rescue works. I’m so very proud of him. He had his misdemeanours when he arrived but getting to know him and finding out what works for Finn has been a pleasure. So here is part of the email I received from two new first time walkers yesterday;

Hi Corrina,

We both really enjoyed it- I thought Charlotte was going to leave with Finn,What a wicked dog!

Rebecca was also really nice and welcoming.

How lovely is that?!? Finn is my baby but I know I have to share him and I’m so glad he’s making so many new friends. Xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”