Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Cornwall

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
mandyandmike

Re: Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by mandyandmike » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Lovely calm walk with Luke on Saturday, just me and him, he`s easy in all ways, no trouble harnessing and getting out of the kennels, walks nicely and checks back in with you lots of times, very connected to his walker. I have found that on a couple of occasions when we get back to the kennel he can sometimes try to be a bit amorous with your leg, but a firm no and then ask for a sit and he does stop and definitely listens to you (he just wants to share his love I think!). Luke has some gorgeous colours in his coat, the sun on Saturday was really bringing out all the warm orangey bits, he looked lovely. I hope someone notices him soon as he has so much potential. angel13.gif]
Luke 3.jpg

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 am

Love this boy so much. We had a little sit in the back of the car and imagined what it would be like to drive away and go home

[cry.gif]
IMG-20181002-WA0001-640x480_crop_490x384.jpg

Dogsthatwag4eva

Post by Dogsthatwag4eva » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Luke comes across on here as having such a playful yet loving personality , in some ways he reminds me of a younger Frankie.
What a beautiful dog.

Rjackson

Post by Rjackson » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:40 am

B4E23D75-478E-4364-AA4F-B5D863C22974.jpeg

Rjackson

Post by Rjackson » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:41 am

blob6.gif]
730C3E95-CF23-410D-B210-3C6CC66F432C.jpeg

Rjackson

Post by Rjackson » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:42 am

Luke is a gorgeous friendly boy who enjoys walking with other dogs and is so well behaved.

He’s a young dog who loves going out on walks, he loves his training and is just such an easy obedient boy.

Very handsome Staffie who is not fazed at all. If you are looking for a beautiful, kind natured dog Luke is your boy. :smiley-bounce016.gi:

TanyaH25

Post by TanyaH25 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 am

I had a great time in the paddock with Luke the other day, he was very well behaved and a joy to be around. We played fetch and I was very impressed with his skills, sniffing out the ball and dropping it at my feet ready for me to throw again. He is such a lovely boy love4.gif

MichelleB

Re: Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Brentford W/E foster

Post by MichelleB » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:58 pm

Luke has come for an overnight stay and is proving to be a wonderful companion.
As everyone has already said, he is lovely and has been so good with everyone he has met so far. We have been for a long walk and stopped off at the pub on the way back to meet some friends, who he greeted with a waggy tail, then decided to have a nap on my mums lap in the sunshine. Generally he walks well on the lead and nothing outside really seems to faze him,,,,,, a cat ran right in front of him and he wasn't really bothered, walked past dogs well, a couple of them came running over and he was a bit more interested in them but nothing I couldn't move him on from.
Indoors initially he was keen to check everything out, I do get the sense that it's all quite new to him so he follows me around, mostly hoping I'll give him a treat! He is very food oriented so will be so easy to train, I already have him sitting on the mat and staying in one place until I call him. He loves to get up on the couch and cuddle up, he needs to be an inclusive dog involved in family life and what's going on, his new family should be prepared to spend time training him and giving some guidance, he has great basic skills, has been clean in the house so far, sits when asked and on special occasions gives his paw! He has a calmness about him so although he's young he isn't hyper, having said that he does like to play, he's been chasing a ball in the garden for the last half an hour, I manage to distract him and keep throwing his ball which he enjoys chasing. Hes now flat out having a snooze! It's been quite a busy day so he's probably worn out!

MichelleB

Post by MichelleB » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:12 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

MichelleB

Post by MichelleB » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:53 am

Luke was so good all night, it was just us for most of the evening and he happily laid on the sofa cuddled up with me, he rolled on his back for tummy rubs and if I dared stop I got a little reminder with either his paw or nose! He must have just wanted to catch up on his sleep and he really was such a sweetie, just wants to have cuddles.
When my husband came home about 11 Luke was beside himself to see him again, the most excited he's been all weekend, I didn't get a look in then as Luke decided he wanted to have some fuss from Richard.
Luke slept on our bed which I was more than happy with, he likes to snuggle in. Then up this morning for a nice walk,,,,, Luke was clean in the house and knows to go to the door by the garden if he needs to go to the toilet.

A couple of times he went to start playing with the cushions but a quick no and distraction with a sausage stopped this straight away.

Luke loves his food!!! If you have something to eat he wants to come up to you so we've been working on sitting on the mat and stay, which he's really picking up! I put his breakfast down this morning and managed to get him to leave it for about 5 seconds (that's a record).

At the moment he's cuddled up on the sofa, seems he doesn't need to be in the same room as me all the time, when I go into another room and shut the door he doesn't make a fuss.

I wish I didn't have to go to work, Luke could do with a few more days relaxing and I wouldn't hesitate to have him again, he's a wonderful house guest and I've enjoyed the little bit of training we've been working on.
image.jpeg
Waiting for his dinner
image.jpeg
In the car
image.jpeg
Belly rubs from richard
image.jpeg
Snoozing
image.jpeg
On the sofa
image.jpeg
Having cuddles