Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Guildford Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Gareth.C

Re: Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Gareth.C » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:22 am

I met and walked Luke for the first time this weekend and will defintely be requesting to walk him again. He is surprisingly small and slender for a staffie but his personality is 100% staffie.

We went walking with Jenn and patterdale terrier Scruffy - at first Luke was interested in scruffy, he didnt bark at all but he would regularly stop and check that scruffy was keeping up. He seemed very keen to meet him and didnt show any signs of aggression. After 10 minutes or so he was happily walking along and not paying Scruffy any mind.
IMG_2384_opt.jpg
Despite the heat Luke absolutely loves to run, we did some short runs and then sat waiting for Jenn and Scruffy to catch up - as soon as I sat down he jumped straight into my lap - hes a very affectionate little dude.

After our walk I took Luke into the paddock so he could run off the lead but instead he chose to sit in the shade with me - he definitely adores people!

Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:18 pm

I took Little Luke out for another walk/run this weekend - and once again he was very easy to walk, very affectionate and didn't pull on the lead. We took a quieter route this time so I could have Luke on a longer lead which was a bit easier for running - Luke absolutely loves to run. Every time we slowed back down to walking pace Luke would turn around and come straight over for a cuddle.
IMG_2419_opt.jpg
We passed a number of dogs (all on leads) and Luke was very wary of some of them but then completely uninterested in others. Back in his kennel he jumped straight into my lap for a scratch and was very sad when I left - it's always sad leaving dogs like Luke who so obviously love human company. I hope he finds his home soon.
IMG_2423_opt.jpg

ektaylor

Post by ektaylor » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:51 pm

I had the pleasure of walking Luke again today. He is such a lovely dog. He takes treats gently and is very responsive on the lead, waiting before crossing the road and standing over to one side to let other dogs pass.
Luke 2 resize.jpg
Luke resize.jpg

FranB

Post by FranB » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:58 pm

My first walk with Luke today, he was so well behaved. He was gentle and so easy to harness, he didn’t pull and he was so friendly and responsive. He’s a really handsome boy with a lovely sheen on his coat. He passed two dogs very well, he didn’t really pay too much attention to them. We ran for a bit in the shade and he has quite a turn of speed, another one who would love to do more canicrossing I think. What was nice about Luke was the way he listened and even after we ran quite quickly, he didn’t pull afterwards and settled back to a walk. He dipped his toes in the water but was slightly nervous and didn’t want to go in too far. He was fine with all the people we passed, just ignoring them generally.
582795D3-392F-46DB-8BB2-B0CFFC06A323.jpeg
E1CB94AA-3C7C-47E2-A2A9-B14AA6251E9E.jpeg
F2366972-3305-493F-9BFB-152ED9E0DB88.jpeg
827144C8-15AB-4733-BEC3-EE1889FC0AFC.jpeg

Rob T

Re: Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by Rob T » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Luke is such a pleasure to take out on walks.
He left the kennels like a rocket and then suddenly he was walking beautifully no pulling at all.
He is a charmer, gentle, good with other dogs, gently takes treats and loves having a fuss made of himself.
He is young, intelligent and very trainable.
Yet another really nice boy.

andyrols

Post by andyrols » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:48 pm

I took Luke for a walk on Saturday and found him to be very enthusiastic but so well behaved. He left the kennel with little fuss and although showed interest in the great number of dogs we passed he wasn’t reactive in an aggressive way at all.
We spent some time on the green by the lock gates and tried to chill (it was very hot) and he just snuggled up and sat quietly observing the sights around him. After a few rolls on the grass (him not me) we made our way back and I felt sad to leave the little fellow.
A winner for someone there!

Rob T

Post by Rob T » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 pm

I really like walking Luke.
There'a enough Staffie to satisfy any enthusiast. He is slightly larger and longer, although quite lightweight in build and his skin is a bit loose giving him a puppyish feel.
He is just so laid back and easy to walk and would be easy to further train due to his love of rewards.
What isn't there to like about this lovely boy?

Return to “2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”