Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
YasminAA

Re: Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by YasminAA » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:41 pm

I have very little staffie experience, so still finding my way! This gorgeous little girl could not have been a better dog for me to do that with; as much as the experience and walk is for her benefit, I came away from my time with her feeling happy to have spent time with such a little treasure. She was calm when I entered her kennel and relatively easy to harness; she seemed to know the drill. I have read about her guarding of food, so I was exceptionally careful not to touch anything that is "hers". She absolutely loved a treat and would sit and look at me expectantly! We went off and played in the paddocks, where she responded well to having balls thrown her her. She loved having a good run around and every now and then would come and sit in front of me expecting a treat. We made it back into the kennel where it was obvious that this little girl needs to have a loving home of her own to feel settled in.

Here is a video of Ammie with her toy pig!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

YasminAA

Post by YasminAA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Second walk in as many days with Ammie. She is so lovely. She is super intelligent and very intuitive. Her eyes always look like she is thinking things through! She is very treat responsive and will sit down and look at you half way through a walk to try her luck for treats. She was not too enthused by the thought of going in the river and walked very nicely alongside me today, very little pulling for such a strong girl. No issues noted with other dogs or members of the public.

YasminAA

Post by YasminAA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Ammie is a beautiful girl and so very clever. Here is a video of her having a play in the paddock; she will come and look at you when she wants a treat. Who could say no to those eyes?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

dymphnae

Post by dymphnae » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:44 pm

Ammie is a beautiful girl, those eyes! She's easy going with other dogs, including a shouty off lead dog we met today. She just stood wagging her tail and showed no concern whatsoever. She can be quite strong on the lead but also responsive, and at times I managed to have her quietly walk behind me on the path. I think she's bright as a button!

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:39 pm

My first time walking Ammie and those eyes are engaging. We walked with Rizzie (Ammie led) she loves to snuffle and was a very easy girl to walk. At the lake she showed no interest in the geese, was interested in all the smells and happy girl to be out on a walk. Very gentle girl
Aimee 2.jpg
Aimee.jpg
Aimee 3.jpg

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Ammie walked all the way over to Compton with Jo, she was accompanied by Luke (SR). We realised they were not the best match, but Ammie showed even if she is not that enamoured by another dog, she is always respectful . At the pub she sat and then laid down whilst Jo eat her food. This girl is stunning and when you realise what she has experienced, you can understand that there is a lot of thought behind those eyes and she just wants to be loved. Once back from the 6 mile walk I went into her kennel just to say hellow again and was given some gentle staffie kisses angel13.gif]
Aimee 4.jpg

Return to “2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”