Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Southampton

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Southampton

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Ammie3.JPG
Ammie's Story: Ammie was surviving in an industrial yard, chained up at night and free by day. She had a kennel structure with no bedding or heating, with food tin lids and sharp metal litter all around. A neighbour couple tried to help her and provided bedding. They fed her at the weekend when no one was around. Finally, they heard her cry at 8:00 in the morning, and found she had impaled her foot on a metal spike. They took her to the vet, and the bleeding gradually stopped. The owner was approached to allow the vet to operate, but they wanted to give up Ammie. The neighbours got her signed over, and they paid the vet bill. The vet found us - we were the only Rescue willing to take her in. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. We collected Ammie with her good neighbour guardians on the scene to wave her goodbye. Ammie is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Ammie was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst she awaits her home.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Ammie1.JPG
Ammie.JPG
Ammie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Vet called regarding Ammie, who was signed over by her owner after she injured herself.
Sarahk

Re: Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Wow ! Ammie is one beautiful girl, I think those caring neighbours have done a wonderful job keeping this beauty healthy - stunning and walked beautifully with Teddy and Deanne aswell love4.gif
DSC03064.JPG
Has a rather endearing head tilt too - when I squeaked the squeaky !!
DSC03044.JPG
DSC03047.JPG
Stunner all round with a lovely nature xxx
DSC03061.JPG
DSC03046.JPG
DSC03048.JPG
DSC03050.JPG
DSC03052.JPG
DSC03057.JPG
DSC03059.JPG
DSC03060.JPG
DSC03043.JPG
DSC03064.JPG
Enjoyed a little paddle on her walk too :D
DSC03034.JPG
DSC03036.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Ammie is lovely, inside and out. She shared a walk with Merlyn this morning and the two of them were very friendly and relaxed together.
DSCF3152.jpgammieMerlyn.jpg
DSCF3153.jpgammiemerlyn.jpg
DSCF3154.jpgammiemerlyn.jpg
DSCF3155.jpgammiemerlyn.jpg
watching a horse pass by on the bridleway
watching a horse pass by on the bridleway
DSCF3157.jpgammiemerlyn.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Lovely to see Ammie playing with Mika this morning

Jojo18

Re: Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

I met Ammie for the first time today and she's a stunning girl .I was greeted with happiness, affection , cuddles not one hint of the horrible life she previously endured.
She's small and light and her eyes light up when you pay her attention, she clearly loves human interaction.
She walked beautifully alongside staffie Roxy, they met said hello and calmly walked side by side checking on each other frequently .she loved the surroundings and was quite focused when we came closely alongside a field of cows she's definitely never seen them before!
She didn't bother with dogs in the distance, was just happy scenting as she walked along.
A wonderful happy girl who is waiting for her special home .
xxlynne

Re: Ammie Staffie DofB ?2012 Tolworth

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)
Ammie was homed today with Christine & Miichael; their daughter came too and everyone was happy to meet and admire the beautiful Ammie. Charlie will tell all
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

(Since returned)
Christine & Michael came to meet Ammie this morning, we had a lovely walk in the sunshine with new boy Tyson & she worked her charm - the deal was sealed! :smiley-bounce016.gi:
P1110098 (439x640).jpg

Happy days ahead for this gorgeous girl... starting with a snooze in a cosy bed - from austerity to luxury woo.gif]
IMG_7174 (480x640).jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Ammie has had a wonderful nearly 3 months homing.
Ammie got startled when a biscuit tin was dropped and she accidentally bit. She has been exemplary with everyone and all are very sad to see her returned but young grandchildren visit.
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

I had the joy of taking this beautiful staffie girl for a run around the paddock. She was excited and friendly to see me in her kennel and harnessed well.

We had some lovely cuddles in the paddock and she particularly enjoyed rolling in the grass with her legs in the air!

Hope she can find her forever home soon.
Ammie resize 1.jpg
Ammie resize 2.jpg
Ammie resize 3.jpg
YasminAA

Post by YasminAA »

I have very little staffie experience, so still finding my way! This gorgeous little girl could not have been a better dog for me to do that with; as much as the experience and walk is for her benefit, I came away from my time with her feeling happy to have spent time with such a little treasure. She was calm when I entered her kennel and relatively easy to harness; she seemed to know the drill. I have read about her guarding of food, so I was exceptionally careful not to touch anything that is "hers". She absolutely loved a treat and would sit and look at me expectantly! We went off and played in the paddocks, where she responded well to having balls thrown her her. She loved having a good run around and every now and then would come and sit in front of me expecting a treat. We made it back into the kennel where it was obvious that this little girl needs to have a loving home of her own to feel settled in.

Here is a video of Ammie with her toy pig!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”