Post by lonewolf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:30 am

Bed.jpg
He doesn't take up much room....
Close-up.jpg
Egg chair 2.jpg
Egg chair.jpg
Head tilt.jpg
Bath mat.jpg
After a walk and breakfast he likes to chill in the sun (when we get some)!
Bench.jpg
Ears.jpg
These ears are made for hearing things...
Deer.jpg
A trip to Knole Park
Log.jpg
Selfie.jpg
Wolf.jpg
Kong.jpg
Holding his kong but too tired to stay awake
Stick.jpg
Upside down.jpg
Looking up.jpg
Sweet boy!

RosC

Re: Max Staffie DofB 06.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:22 pm

0093.gif It looks like Max has had a brilliant time with you! :thanks.gif:
Come on Max's forever home thumbs.gif

lonewolf

Re: Max Staffie DofB 06.11 Gatwick Kenns / Orpington Foster

Post by lonewolf » Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Since posting last time Max has been out on a couple of extended breaks with us. He's back in kennels for a couple of days smiley-sad010.gif but will be back with us at the weekend.

Max is such a fun dog - he's not massively into long walks but he adores running around the garden (especially getting chased). When he plays he bounces rather than runs - we think he's a bit like Tigger (see video later). He's beginning to get used to more and more sounds. The dustmen came by the other day banging and crashing (which would normally have caused him a bit of alarm) but this time he didn't react at all. Good job Max! There are still some noises that he's unfamiliar with but he's learning day by day.

He loves trips to the outside cafe at the local garden centre and is impeccably behaved. He doesn't bother you for food and will just lay down and relax while you eat and drink.

I've mentioned it before but Max's fur is soft and glossy. And the secret is revealed.....vitamin D! Max loves the sun, he seeks out its' rays outside and also indoors (see pictures below). Our previous dog never liked laying outside at all but Max will go outside and lay down for 10 minutes, get up and come inside to cool off, and then go back out again.

Oh I think I mentioned it before but Max loves cuddles!!
Window sun.jpg
We couldn't find the sun god the other day and then there he was......
Loft sun.jpg
Even a ray of sunshine indoors will do the job
Bedroom sun.jpg
Portrait.jpg
Beautiful boy
20180504_175421.jpg
Ears 2.jpg
Garden.jpg
Hedgehog.jpg
Stairs.jpg
A peculiar perch
Upside down.jpg
He's a quirky little chap!

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Tue May 08, 2018 9:05 pm

A few videos for anyone interested in Max. There's one of him bouncing around the garden, one of him drinking from the hosepipe (once he realised he didn't need to attack the water!), and one showing him having his after bath blow dry (as long as you don't blow the hairdryer directly in his face he likes it).

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Last edited by lonewolf on Wed May 23, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polpat

Post by Polpat » Fri May 11, 2018 1:04 pm

Wonderful write ups, wonderful dog, wonderful photos/videos.....have to say - wonderful garden too - not surprising he looks so happy 0093.gif !! What an adorable, handsome, gorgeous dog Max is - so compact, cheeky, well rounded (personality...not suggesting he is a chubster!) and all round superstar. I love his face and those fantastic ears - utterly gorgeous. Some lucky human is going to strike gold when they find this boy....lets hope it happens soon love4.gif

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Fri May 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Brilliant videos and updates on Max. It really shows off his personality.
Thankyou for giving him some time out . Looks so so happy

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Max decided to help water the plants today.....

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf » Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 pm

Max has been enjoying the spell of fine weather with us for the last 10 days or so. When we first brought him out of kennels he seemed quite overwhelmed with the noises of the outside world. As time has gone on he is slowly becoming desensitised to most of them. He still has the odd moment e.g. there were a few claps of thunder last night and they frightened him a bit.

For everything else he has been enjoying some short to medium walks. He doesn't need, or want, long walks and seems to get most enjoyment from a garden where he can sun himself, play with his human friends, bark at / chase away anything from pigeons, squirrels and cats. He likes trips to the garden centre cafe, relaxes really well in the pub garden near my Dad's house, and sits beautifully outside a cafe in a busy High Street.

For his forever home, which we hope comes his way soon, he likes a relaxed and settled routine and to spend time with his human friends. He would suit people who have the time on their hands to spend it with.

I'll add some pictures one at a time. I seem to be having some trouble uploading them in one go (probably my ineptitude)!

Vic.jpg
Sun and cuddles.....what could be better?

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”