Max Staffie DofB 06.11 Orpington

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Max Staffie DofB 06.11 Orpington

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Max79.jpg
Max's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a South London council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Max is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Max was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick and regularly fostered in Orpington as an only dog,, his fosterers have adopted him

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Max's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Max89.jpg
Max67.jpg
Max's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. The dog warden has asked up to prepare Max for his home and find his family
SarahY

Re: Max Staffie DofB 06.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahY »

Max is our newbie! He is a 6 year old staffie with French Bulldog ears! He is very friendly and walked to heal for the majority of his walk today, just looked up at me in admiration as we walked, with a smile on his face. He's a happy and friendly chap. He's a little chubby, but nothing a few regular walks couldn't sort. :dog_running-186.gif:
20180315_113843-compressed.jpg
20180315_113837-compressed.jpg
Apologies for the poor photos!
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh my heart, why is this lovely, lovely dog in kennels? I met Max today, he's a very sweet, calm boy who walks very nicely. He is very affectionate and cuddly. He is a bit stressed in kennels, such a shame, he's a smasher love4.gif
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

Max was heading out for his walk with Louise this morning so I took the opportunity for a photo shoot. Louise said Max was a sweet, friendly boy who walked nicely and they had an easy, relaxed walk together.
DSCF2375.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2376.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2379.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2385.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2387.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2388.jpgmax.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF2390.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2392.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2394.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2396.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2398.jpgmax.jpg
DSCF2404.jpgmax.jpg
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Here's a little video of the new boy Max! He's a lovely little fellow, very playful and loves people love4.gif

Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

What a great video of Max! :goodjob.gif:

Max was my last walk yesterday and what a high to finish on. Max is such an easy walk! He looked to me every so often and is incredibly connected to you when you walk him. He is such a sweet boy who is such an affection staffie, loves cuddles and fuss. A forever home will be very lucky to share their lives with this dinky little charmer!
2018-03-24 15.47.38.jpg
2018-03-24 15.44.42.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Please do not overlook this lovely boy. Max is a real sweetheart. In his kennel he seems to be very upset with the two dogs opposite him and is stressed and Barky. Once outside, he is a quiet, calm little dog and a joy to walk. He gazed up at me the whole time today. He passed all other dogs really well so think he's just stressed in the kennel block, like most are. Max is very affectionate and loves a cuddle. Someone will be lucky to snap this boy up.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
lonewolf

Re: Max Staffie DofB 06.11 Orpington Temp Foster

Post by lonewolf »

I walked Max on Friday but he didn't seem to really like the rain very much. He's a super easy walk but after having known a dog who doesn't like the feel of raindrops on his back I recognised the same signs with Max. He definitely sped up when we were heading back to kennels so we popped into the poet's shed to dry off and warm up! We walked him on Saturday and with no rain for a change (!) he happily trotted along with us.

After a few hours of walking in yesterday's horrendous weather we told Lynne we could give a weeks' temporary foster and she suggested Max as he didn't have any home feedback on his profile. He seemed quite stressed in kennels and was in need of a break. So he's now with us and asleep on the chair next to me as a type.

Max travels really well. We popped him in the boot and he was initially very excited (not surprising as he hadn't been walked). I had to stop him jumping over into the back seat but after 5 minutes he settled down. No car sickness and traveled well for 40 minutes. He had a baptism of fire and came straight to the stables and he was really well behaved. He's energetic but so far seems generally inquisitive. He was very interested in the horses but also very calm around them. I think he was more wondering what they were.

Back in our house he settled very well. He loves human company, following you about and looking for you. But he also seemed very tired and once we sat down he was more than happy to stretch out. He stayed the whole night in his bed, will jump on beds if invited but will also stay off when told. He's a cracking little dog (much smaller than his thread suggests) and he has very soft fur and very soft skin indeed!

Anyway, here's some pictures from Friday and some of him now making himself at home!
20180330_120441.jpg
20180331_124025.jpg
20180331_124037.jpg
20180331_124039(0).jpg
Who are you?
Who are you?
20180402_170331.jpg
20180402_172026.jpg
20180402_165824.jpg
20180402_204025.jpg
20180402_203244.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”