William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Gatwick Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
MrsP

Re: William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by MrsP » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:56 pm

oh love him, has he got a terrible cold? Poor lad, he'll be a rewarding dog to home.

Luella

Post by Luella » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Is there any news on poor little William. He seems so unwell & unhappy bless. Let’s hope he is soon better & settled in a loving home

frankie

Post by frankie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi Luella Marc and Bea (my son and his girlfriend ) decided to take William home yesterday for some TLC. He was quite happy cuddled up on Bea's lap when I left last night .Marc says he was coughing this morning and a bit under the weather. He is getting lots of love and is in the warm and they will take good care of him Bless him xxxx

Luella

Post by Luella » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Thank you so much - will worry a little less!

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm

That’s made my day ,bless his heart. Praying he’ll feel better very soon

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 pm

What a difference a week makes! William was on fine form this morning and his cough has gone. I am a bit smitten with this little dog, he's a real lap dog and cuddle monkey love4.gif
William had a bark at Boots when I started walking with Kim but he soon settled and seemed to quite like him. When Kim and Boots went a different way after a while, William was quite upset he couldn't follow him. We met five dogs today and although William sometimes has a growl or bark, with a 'ah ah' from me, he stopped and was fine around them. I'm guessing he acts a bit defensive then when he realises they aren't a threat, he's happy to walk along with them. William is truly a lovely dog and soooo affectionate. He's very small, compact and damn cute angel13.gif]
I have found William the most easy dog to walk, he walks at heel on a loose lead and is very well mannered. He doesn't like the kennel hype so I hope he finds his home soon, he's a very nice dog.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Elliesmum

Re: William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Partridge Green Sussex Foste

Post by Elliesmum » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:37 pm

That is awesome! coco is fast becoming the "foster mother" love4.gif :cool.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Wonderful :goodjob.gif:

Robw

Post by Robw » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:07 am

William has been with me and Coco for a little over a week now, he's slowly starting to come out of his shell, there is a very loving little boy under the layers of uncertainty. He was so unsure on the first couple of days that he spent the majority of his time in a little den under my desk

Coco has been doing her best to get him to understand that she wants to play, and they have had a couple of major tiffs as a result of her enthusiasm and his lack of experience with a home where play is encouraged. He can still get quite grumbly with her on occasions, but to be honest given how over the top she can be, I don't really blame him. Coco has also started to teach him what a ball and raggy are for, when he first arrived he seemed really unsure as to what to do with them. We have also started to refer to him as "princess William" because he goes out of his way to ensure that he doesn't get his feet wet or muddy on a walk! I thought Coco was terrible for this, but William takes it to a whole new level, often trying to detour through bushes (which is no fun for me!) to avoid a puddle.

He's now decided that he is safe and will settle down to sleep on my sofa, where I think he would happily spend the entire day if I let him.

He is a very handsome and striking little boy

Who does big roars. Ok, this was actually a yawn...

William and I left Coco behind yesterday for a trip to see Mark the vet, I'd noticed that he seemed to have some difficulty in climbing onto the sofa (i've made him a little step up now) and he couldn't cock his leg for a wee. He has a very distinct arch to his back and the vertebrae are clearly visible above the skin, this is especially obvious when he is standing next to Coco. It's difficult to tell how much discomfort he is in, sometimes he seems to be much more stiff and tentative with his movements and this is especially noticeable towards the end of the day. Mark had a good feel around and asked to see him next week to do some x-rays, so hopefully we'll know a bit more about what is going on with his spine soon.

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:47 am

He looks so much better and how happy does he look. Bless his heart , after what was an awful start in life he’s beginning to experience love . Thank you and thank RR,

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:09 pm

I hope William is ok. I just love this boy. I'm happy he's in a loving foster home but a bit put out I can't walk him 0002.gif] He's a gorgeous dog.

Return to “2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”