William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 South London Temp Foster

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
xxlynne

William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 South London Temp Foster

Post by xxlynne » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Current Status: Available
William3.jpg
William's Story : Grew up in a family with a disabled child and another Staffie. He witnessed domestic violence and has become nervous and unpredicatable since: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. William is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. William was in foster with a Staffie puppy & cat, now in boarding kennels nr Gatwick

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for William's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
William1.jpg
William4.jpg
William's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 26.02.18: I dont know whats going on but got another dog in need of help. Put to sleep in next day or so.

Intact male 2 years old. Sadly witnessed a lot of domestic abuse so has behavioral problems.
William.jpg
Lynne I hate always asking you to take such hard dogs but this dog has had such an awful life in his three years.

What do you think ? Cx

Robw

Re: William Staffie DofB 2015 Midlands comes Saturday

Post by Robw » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Stories like this make me sad for the world we live in.

Welcome aboard William, that horrible life is behind you now. Fingers crossed that your old human "family" are going to get the help they so clearly need as well...

Hayleycakes

Post by Hayleycakes » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:37 am

Wow wow wow not often I say this but will be better in kennels !

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:23 pm

William will be the lucky one, he's getting out! We don't realise how lucky we are till you realise how other people live, so sad. Welcome William, safe now love4.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

jacnmrb

Re: William Staffie DofB 2015 Midlands comes 2nd March

Post by jacnmrb » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks for saving William, Lynne, making him safe and giving him a new start.
Life will get better now, William xxxxxx for you

Chapmania

Re: William Staffie DofB 2015 Midlands comes 2nd March

Post by Chapmania » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:16 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family William. You will be loved, cherished and safe with us sweetheart love4.gif

EllaK

Re: William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EllaK » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm

I took William out today for some paddock time!
William needs slow movements at the moment until he settles in and gains trust (he badly wants to). i walked around the land so he could have a sniff then we went to the paddock for a little bit .slowly he gained confidence within 10 minutes he was running around like a bullet!! we walked to meet the dog walkers by the front of the kennels and he was a different dog to how he was this morning!. he's a lovely boy! I don't think he will be with us long !!!! :crossfingers.gif:

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Thankyou new Ella :goodjob.gif:

Lovely when they build their trust in you, look forward to meeting you William xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Safe now lovely boy xxxx

anne

Post by anne » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:34 pm

William is all staffie! He is friendly, funny, cuddly, and loves to connect with people and be the focus of their attention. Whilst he is very nervous and jumpy at the moment (he jumps at sudden movements or noises) his true staffie character shines through and he so wants to trust and befriend. I can't tell you how special this boy is, you need to meet him in the flesh to get the true feel of him. William and I went for a little walk, then had some lovely playtime and running around in the paddock and then another walk. Off lead in the paddock he followed me around, sticking quite close, which indicates his insecurity. He loved it when I started running around, he ran after me, tail up and wagging. He loves to be fussed and stroked, feeling gentleness he relaxes and connects.
DSCF1934.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1935.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1946.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1954.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1955.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1956.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1958.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1959.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1962.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1965.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1968.jpgwilliam.jpg

nada.c