William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Takeley, Hertfordshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
rob_w

Re: William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by rob_w »

CarolynRob wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 15:48 Rob Thank you for allowing William into your life. You have worked wonders with this very fearful boy. xx
Thank you, but this was all him, all I did was give him the time and opportunity to show what was really inside. He now needs that forever home to come along and show him that the world is really a nice place and that he is safe. Fingers crossed that home isn't too far away :)
anne

Post by anne »

Although sad to see William back in kennels at the moment, it was lovely to catch up with him. He was little unsure what my intention were when I entered his kennel so I sat a while and talked to him and gave him some treats while we made friends again. Once I had clipped on leads he headed for the door and was delighted to be going out. We had a lovely, slow walk ( it was a hot afternoon) down to the stream. He was not sure about having a paddle, so I paddled in first and he decided to join me and get his little paws wet. William needed lots of reassurance on his walk but as long as I told him he was a good boy every time he looked up, he was comfortable to keep walking. He is such a dear little soul and I love him to bits, but as Rob has said, he needs a family who can surround him with love and show him the world can be a happy and safe place where he can relax and enjoy having fun and cuddles.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked William on Tuesday with Geoff walking Marlee and it is safe to say that without the support of Marlee I don’t think we would have got very far. William doesn’t know me, so I was very scary and he was very worried about me putting a lead on him. I got help from one of the lovely kennel maids whom William absolutely adores, and off we set. He kept trying to go back to his kennel, but with Marlee’s help he continued and actually enjoyed the second half of the walk. I hope, having walked with me now, and accepted a treat if two, that next time I am not as scary for him, he is the sweetest little boy, who seems very dog friendly, making friends with Marlee, and also the dogs next to him in kennels. William needs to be given lots of love and reassurance.
bealopez

Re: William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 South London Temp Foster

Post by bealopez »

William has been with us for the last 10 days! He is such a sweet dog, he has made a big improvement since the last time I saw him (I have to say that he had a bit of a cold then).

Obviously being fostered in a house with another dog and a nice family helped him a lot, he has much more confidence and he even learned how to play with a ball!!

Since being with us he has got more confident as he builds trust and seems very happy. He’s a great companion and enjoys home life and having human friends. He can go from super chilled sleepy dog to fun playful and then onto cuddly.

Still a few things to improve for this little one, but nothing impossible with time and patience.
He is really sweet with people once he gets to know them, but he can get scared and bark sometimes (especially to men). So you need to take a few minutes to introduce him to new people until he feels safe with them.

He is really well behaved at home, he has been a bit cheeky and slept on our bed, but goes to his bed when he is asked to. We have left him at the house on his own for 3-4 hours a few days, and he was fine with that, probably he was sleeping all the time as there wasnt any signs of him doing anything naughty.

He has improved his walks too, sometimes he barks at some people/dogs/cats and gets really excited/nervous, but other times we managed to distract him from that stressful situation with treats, so he learns that those moments dont need to be negative.

I hope he finds a home soon, he just needs a bit of time and love to get more confident with the world.
anne

Post by anne »

William's nerves and fear are heightened in the stress of the kennel environment but he still loves his walks. He was keen to get going this morning and he set off at quite a pace. He knows me and he looks up for reassurance when he needs it and once reassured with a gentle and kind voice he is ready to go on. He was a little unsure about what I was doing while I was filming him so he kept looking up at me. Once I put the camera away he trotted off at quite a pace again. Back in his kennel I sat down and William came over for cuddles, sat on my lap and gave me a thorough face wash. I know I keep saying it but this boy is very special and has won my heart.
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with little William this morning. His little face and short waggy tail makes me smile. He is so affectionate and cuddly once he gets to know you.
DSCF4670.jpgwilliam.jpg
Melody2008

Post by Melody2008 »

William's face here, his eyes, such a transformation from his awful, sad, troubled and pained look in the earlier pics. Almost unrecognizable. You people have worked magic, he is now a very lucky boy and will remember you forever x
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I hadn't seen Wiliam for quite a while, but still got a great welcome in his kennel this morning. He came out quite happily with me and as it was very hot, we had a stroll around the woodland walk, with William walking very close to my leg to get his confidence. He pulled me into the poets hut and we had a good chat and cuddles on the sofa. On the way back, I let Him off in the paddock, where he thoroughly enjoyed himself by letting his hair down and doing the fastest zoomies I've seen in a while! Kaiser was in a neighbouring paddock and the two dogs met noses through the mesh quite happily, saying hello. William is never happy to be left back in his kennel, but who would blame him. He's such a sweetie, all he wants is some love and a stable sofa to allow him to unpack. A great little companion and an easy walk, with no pulling.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

I have had 2 lovely walks with William this week. He sensibly doesn't want to walk too far in the heat and he always declines getting his paws wet in the stream so we have been spending extra time having cuddles. love4.gif
He has this one ear up, one ear down thing going on and it is just too cute!
He has this one ear up, one ear down thing going on and it is just too cute!
Goodgirl17

Post by Goodgirl17 »

This boy is so sweet. Today's meeting showed a little more trust between us. I enjoyed a good greeting whereby I was given a good licking! He is becoming more confident and shows it in the walks. Quickly becoming one of my favourites but would love him to find a calm, loving home where he can show off his sweet nature.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”