Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
sweetpea

Re: Rizzie Staffie DofB 16.08.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sweetpea » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Poor boy ..... love4.gif

anne

Re: Rizzie Staffie DofB 16.08.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Rizzie is my perfect walking partner. He walks at a nice brisk pace, he does not stop too often or for too long, he does not waste energy chasing squirrels, he politely waits for me while I climb over stiles and best of all he steals my heart with his cute little staffie wiggle and his little flappy ears. Could he be your perfect partner too?
I wanted to share with you his wiggle as he walks...…

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

FranB

Re: Rizzie Staffie DofB 16.08.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by FranB » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 pm

Rizzie was pleased to see me today but really didn’t want to leave the kennels. We had 5 minutes in the paddock and then he wanted to come out. I managed to persuade him to walk around the field and he eventually relaxed and had a good roll and a sit down and cuddle. He was happy when he could sit and watch the gate to see who was coming and going.

mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Sad to see Rizzie back but pleased to take him out for a long walk on Saturday. We walked with Lola (and Linda) and although he was quite busy at the start of the walk (lots of staffy huff and puff) he did settle down once he had expended some energy and stress. Lola took the lead and Rizz was happy to follow, we did get to one point in the walk when he decided he wanted to go a different way but with a bit of cajoling and high pitched voice encouragement I persuaded him to go the way we wanted.
Rizzie 6.jpg
Which way do you want me to go?

mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Rizzie 7.jpg
Ok all right then if you say so!

FranB

Post by FranB » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Rizzie and I had a wander around the field and a sit in the sun today because he just didn’t want to go out of kennels for a walk. I managed to get him to relax enough to sit and then have a good roll but he was only really happy when he could watch the entrance and not to go too far away. I guess the answer might be to persuade him out with another dog maybe. It’s a shame as I used to have no trouble getting him around the block to his favourite spot to sit and watch the world go by. smiley-sad010.gif

FranB

Post by FranB » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 pm

It was a lovely sunny day today and Rizzie decided that he was going to brave the outside having spotted Marley and Toffee just leaving. We had a lovely walk with him even taking the lead for a short time and enjoying being out and about. He had a dip in the water and seemed more back to his old self .He clearly got some confidence from having other dogs in his sight. Sorry no time for any photos.

FranB

Post by FranB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Rizzie had another nice walk yesterday with Rocky Brown and Luke. He even led the way some of the time but needed to look around and make sure his mates weren’t too far away. He was a good boy, enjoyed a little paddle and was very good when lots of walkers came by. He also ignored a couple of on lead dogs. He definitely gets confidence from being with other dogs and also relaxes when walking with them.

Return to “2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”