Roxy Staffie DofB 2009 Borough SE London

Dogs that have found their forever home
MandaTK

Re: Roxy Staffie DofB 2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by MandaTK »

Oh my I am already in love with Roxy. The most gorgeous staffie darling. Greying snout but the most beautiful wiggle when she walks. She and i went for a fabulous walk with Caleb and his walker Jo, they were so so happy in each others company and walked beautifully. It was a warm day but not overhot. Roxy took notice of everything going on and coming back to me every now and then for a cuddle and a "hello Manda do you like me?" Of course i said Roxy I love you!! She is the complete package of sweetness and why is this oldie in kennels??? She does have a prey drive and every squirrel we saw was on her list to get it but on the other hand we passed two dogs running in their garden and she quietly walked past them. I think I have read on here that Roxy is not for cats but we did not meet Milo today so havent seen it myself just yet. Caleb was happy to wait when Roxy was taking her time. Back in the kennel it was a big big hug and kiss for this super beautiful girl before I found Laura to tell her that I adored Roxy!!!! Cannot wait to walk you again beautiful. I will get pics next time my phone was very very low on battery so could not use it for the pics!! xxxxxxxx love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif angel13.gif]
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Earlier in the week I took dear little Roxy for a mooch around the paddock.
On the way to the paddock she happily and confidently walked past all of the other dogs in their kennels with a wagging tail.
In the paddock we had a great time together.
Roxy is such a happy, smiley Staffie whose love of life is infectious.
She loved playing fetch and cheekily barked at me if I was a bit too slow to throw the ball! She retrieved the ball every time and dropped it at my feet.

Roxy is a complete joy and will make someone a fabulous friend.
JenG

Post by JenG »

I have been following Roxy's thread for a while, I love a red staffie and was very happy today to finally take her on a walk! And she really did not disappoint - everything that is said about her on this forum is true! She is a dinky, happy, affectionate, lively and everso pretty staffie, who seems a lot younger than she really is. Her lust for life is certainly infectious!

Today we walked with Handsome Caleb staffie and Charlie patterdale and with all dogs being very happy in one another's company, we had a fun and relaxing walk! Roxy and Caleb were happy to have a little sniff and then just continued walking in parallel with little Charlie not far behind.

Roxy is very alert on her walks and certainly enjoyed the wooded part where squirrels were in abundance! She doesn't stay still very much and the best photo I managed to get was this:
Look left, look right, look left again!
Look left, look right, look left again!
Back in her kennel I was showered with enthusiastic kisses, I really did not want to leave her, she is a darling girl that would bring a sense of fun to her family.....I hope they come along soon.
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

We took Roxy on a long river walk to the pub for lunch. She was good as gold, busy on her walk but gentle on the lead. We met lots of dogs on the way and she kept a good distance. In the pub garden she was keen to check out her surroundings but settled down okay after a bit of sniffing around. Lovely girl, would make a great companion.
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Simon and I took the lovely Roxy and Poncho to a local veterinary centre for the morning to meet lots of trainee vets .Roxy was so excited to be meeting new people and a cuddlefest began .Every new person was greeted with a beaming staffie smile and a wagging tail , loads of face washes later and all the young Vets were impressed !! .She had impeccable manners and watched her friend Poncho share the love with all around. Well Done Roxy you've gained lots of new friends and walkers
EddieSpreadeagle

Post by EddieSpreadeagle »

We took this gorgeous little one out for an idyllic walk today. She was so good! Lovely and snuggly in her kennel, easy to harness and the easiest girl to walk. Totally ignored an off lead mamalute, other walkers and even a picnic.
Just a gorgeous girl
Just a gorgeous girl
Jennifergibson

Post by Jennifergibson »

Gareth and I had the pleasure of having Roxy girl for a sleep over the other night! What a fabulous dog. She is so loving and just wants to cuddle, snooze and play with her lamb.
Roxy 4.jpg
Roxy slept all through the night is just gorgeous and easy to have around! She behaved herself while we ate our dinner and she was just happy to curl up at our feet.
Roxy 3.jpg
We took her for a quick walk along the river and passed a number of off lead dogs and Roxy was completely unfazed by them.
Roxy1.jpg
Roxy has been overlooked for a while but she is a lovely, easy dog who loves people and would settle in to a home no problem.
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

Jenn and I were delighted to have another visit from Roxy this weekend who stayed over Friday and Saturday night. Once again Roxy was the perfect house guest and we will definitely be trying to give her more time out of the kennels when we can.
Inside 1_opt.jpg
Roxy may look like an older girl however she still has plenty of energy - on Friday she had a walk with Malcolm in the morning and then walked from the kennels to our flat and still managed to run up the stairs to the third floor. She does love a good snooze though and spent much of the weekend asleep between Jenn and I on the couch.
Couch 1_opt.jpg
Roxy is the easiest dog to have around as she is just happy to be included. She is responsive to commands and when told to stay off the couch/bed she does so until invited back up. I don't think she is a fan of early mornings though! We took her out to the garden to do her business early on Saturday morning and instead of wandering around she chose to lean up against Jenn and catch a bit more shuteye.
Outside 1_opt.jpg
On Sunday we walked back to the kennels along the River Wey and passed hordes of off lead dogs both big and small and Roxy was not bothered one bit.
Outside 4_opt (1).jpg
Roxy would easily fit in to any home or family and is a great little companion
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

loving the photos - what a sweet dog she is - great to see her getting a few kennel breaks
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

Another visit from Roxy this weekend - the pavement on the walk home from the kennels was a bit too hot for her paws so Roxy ended up being carried most of the way (much to her delight - check out that grin).
SULS1385.JPG
Once again Roxy was perfectly behaved both out on walks and at home - we left her by herself for a while and she happily snoozed on the rug. We also brought her to breakfast at a cafe where she sat at our feet and watched the world go by.
IMG_2763_opt.jpg
Roxy is a lovely little staffy with lots of character who will easily fit into a home and family.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”