Kevin Staffie x DofB 11.07.09 - 16th February 24

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Weebs

Re: Kevin Staffie x DofB 11.07.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Weebs »

I love this boy more and more - I can't believe he is still with us. I was chatting to Claire outside the reception area about Kevin when we heard a little bark. We looked over and there was Kevin wagging his tail gently barking as if to say "I know you're talking about me. But come and take me for a walk and cuddles please thank you". How could I refuse? We bimbled up and down and round the bridle path, meaning that Kevin got filthy! So after checking with Ella, I gave Kevin a lovely warm shower. He was SO good - I actually think he really enjoys showers. So he is now clean and white and smelling gorgeous. At the end of my walks, I went to give Kevin a cuddle and spotted that he now has his very own personalised water drinking bowl. Awwwwww thumbs.gif 0002.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of Kevin's company today for a walk. He is such an affectionate and easy boy as everyone keeps alliterating.
love4.gif
DSCF6372.jpgkevin.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Kevin had a bit of a mad half hour in the paddock today, bless him. He dashed (well waddled quickly) about with a tennis ball, which he was telling off and growling at. He then gathered a few toys, brought them over to me, growling at them all, then shoved them all on my feet. Daft as a brush but I think this is just how he plays. He then rolled on his back then flipped onto his tummy for commando crawls. Kevin has a funny little character, but when you "get" him, he's just so funny. I think Kevin can get over excited with toys but I just let him do his thing then he brings them to me. He definitely is clumsy and when I'm sitting he just launches himself in for a fuss and a back rub, gazing up with that adorable, happy go lucky look.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Judy

Post by Judy »

Such great photos of our lovable boy. Kevin really is a character, he was sitting in his run when I arrived this afternoon waiting expectantly to be taken out. He was a funny boy today as he was determined to show me which way he wanted to go, normally he is happy to go on any route needless to say I did let him have his own way, well why not. :smiley-chores002.gif: love4.gif
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Kevin & Rolo met my 90 year old mother today and were gentlemen personified. Blunderbus Kev was very non-blunderbussy and Rolo even gave her his favourite ball (obvs not for keeps but to roll back to him). Bless them both.

Took Kevin for a walk in the rain and he wanted to lead the way so why not follow? Once back, we sat in the back of my car with Mum in the front for a coffee (Mum and I). Kevin quickly worked his charms on me mam, enough for her to say "oh he's lovely - is he any good with cats?". She was most disappointed when I said that he would be better in a house with no cats.

Then took Rolo for a walk. I introduced him to me mother and after having a sniff around the car, decided that the car was ok and so was she, so presented her with his ball. What an honour and Mum was suitably humbled! love4.gif 0002.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

Yes Kevin is a very lovable boy. He was such a good boy as usual this afternoon, we walked past a garden which had German Shepherds barking at us as we went by, Kevin hurried on past but didn't react at all, I was just grateful they weren't able to get out. Further on we met up with a man who was walking a young dog which was a bit nervous, Kevin was so friendly wagging his tail like crazy and once he realised the other dog was unsure he then said hello to the man walking the dog. Just love this boy, he is such a pleasure to be with. Heart fill with love.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

Kevin had a break from the kennels for a while yesterday, we had a lovely long walk through fields and then I brought him home. Kevin travels really well in the car. He had a relaxing time in the garden playing with various doggy toys. My cat was very wary when she made an appearance but as soon as she spotted Kevin she made a hasty retreat. Kevin did see her but didn't attempt to chase after her, I did have him on a lead just in case, he didn't pull he just stood staring in the direction the cat had appeared. When I've been out with Kevin on several occasions we have come across cats in the distance, this afternoon being one of them, I wonder whether with time and patience Kevin could accept living with a cat. He has been so well behaved and easy to have around. thumbs.gif :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Judy

Post by Judy »

I had my Kevin fix again this afternoon. I am sure he knows the time of day as he was ready and waiting to go out for his walk. We did a bit of a longer walk this afternoon as it wasn't so hot which we both thoroughly enjoyed. Just such a gorgeous boy. love together.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

Kevin is such a character, when we went out this afternoon he was very sure which direction he wanted to go and there was no persuading him otherwise, which was not a problem as he deserves to make his own choices once in a while. After our walks I always find it sad to see Kevin watching out with an expression as if to say he doesn't want to be left on his own. I hope he will be lucky soon and find his forever home. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

The high winds hadn't had any adverse affects on Kevin he greeted me this afternoon as usual with a very waggy tail and was keen to get going on his walk. I think Kevin was in need of a bit more than normal tlc as on a few occasions he stopped and looked back at me waiting to have a fuss made of him and after a bit of attention he happily carried on his way. He really does enjoy having attention paid to him and will snuggle in for more. love together.gif]

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”