Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Aberdare Wales

Dogs that have found their forever home
Chris86

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by Chris86 »

I met and walked Dodger for the first time today, what a staffielicious boy!! He was fun to harness as he's a bit of a squirmer and wiggler :D Cue a few minutes of running circles around me with rope toy in mouth, stop, cuddle time, and then some more running. Dodger finally decided he'd let me have it easy and slipped into his harness like a pro and off we went. We were walking with Maxine (being walked by my mum) and both had an ongoing conversation throughout their walk if they came within a certain distance, I think they were having a deep discussion about politics. Dodger was happy out in front and eventually wasn't so bothered about sharing a walk with another dog. He often looked back up at me and took directions very well, very responsive boy.

On the lead Dodger was a nice walk, he definitely likes to get on with things but never became too pully and was more than happy to stop for a fuss. That's the main thing I learnt, Dodger doesn't need much of an excuse to start rolling around. A few seconds of a rump scratch or neck itch and he's roly polying all over the place snorting and grunting with legs flying everywhere. He's such a friendly and affectionate boy, I read before that he mouths a bit and while there were a few times he's most definitely gentle with it and has the most playful of intentions. He's really a fun boy, tail wagging with a huge staffie smile at all time. All in all a delight to spend time with Dodger.
Dodger Sit.jpg
Dodger Smile.jpg
Dodger Profile.jpg
Dodger Cheeky.jpg
Dodger Bluebells.jpg
Dodger Naptime.jpg
Dodger Upsidedown.jpg
Dodger Upsidedown2.jpg
Chris86

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chris86 »

I've only walked Dodger twice but he's such a friendly boy! He loves his time out and is fully invested on his walk, he has moments of exploring the limits of the leads but also moments of walking to heel. I wouldn't call him a puller necessarily but he likes to walk at a steady pace, so many sights and smells and sounds to find! I got a nice affectionate face wash after our walk, the boy really likes his fuss and has such a sensitive rump! It really doesn't take much to make him end up on his back lol.gif

Down the kennel block he's been fine but he does like to have a good bark at dogs outside if they're within a certain range, hopefully he'll get used to the company of dogs on his walks and figure out he doesn't need to have an ongoing monologue thumbs.gif
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Dodger the Dreamboat!
Met this little smasher for the first time today and he made me smile the whole time we were together.
He's a proper little Happy Staffie who ambled along at a nice pace on a loose lead and was a pleasure to walk.
Lovely markings and a lovely nature - whats not to love?
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

What a joy to walk this boy. These dogs are so amazing. They don't know you, yet they treat you like a long lost friend. I hope we can spend some time walking him with other dogs, as I can't help thinking he could be great with a doggy pal. He barked at another dog, but seemed more frustrated than anything. He barked at the cows too, but seemed more afraid than anything. He walks so nicely, with hardly any pulling. Really can't fault him.
GailW

Post by GailW »

Dodger 2.jpg
Dodger1.jpg
I was thoroughly spoilt this weekend as I had the privilege of having lots of Dodger time. A favourite of mine, he's a gorgeous boy, easy to walk and a really fun and happy character. He loves a wee cuddle during our walks & will roll over onto his back for a proper belly rub. I really love this boy & would be over the moon if somebody came forward to offer him a chance to live a normal life in a loving and safe home.
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

The playful Dodger,
I've walked this delightful boy the last 3 days and what a calm happy chap he is. We encountered other dogs, cyclists even motorbikes and with confident reassurance Dodger walked happily by smiling as he goes. He's an affectionate young boy who will thrive within a home and family to call his own.
Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz »

What a gem! Met dodger today, he was very happy to go out. He has such a nice bubbly personality. He is very responsive to you and look back often to make sure you are OK. Love his markings, Dodger is going to be very popular at Gatwick.
Such a sweetie.
IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0672.JPG
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Steve A

Post by Steve A »

Took Dodger out last Wednesday (21st) received a friendly greeting and although clearly excited at the prospect of a walk he was easy to harness in fact he almost did it for me. Once out settled into a nice pace, no lead grabbing or pulling a really easy walk interspersed with occasional roll overs in the grass (him not me). An affectionate easy going lad. Steve
Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz »

Out with Dodger today.

Pass the initial excitement going out of the kennels, Dodger was very affectionate and really want to please you at all time, very responsive.
A peaceful and enjoyable walk.
IMG_0681.JPG
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

My first time walking with Dodger this morning and it seems like I have been missing out! Dodger was fun and happy and responsive. He walked with a loose lead, stopping to sniff here and there and look up and check with me all was OK. He did lots of rolling in the grass, had a paddle in the stream and just thoroughly enjoyed the whole walk.
DSCF9314.jpgdodger.jpg
DSCF9316.jpgdodger.jpg
DSCF9317.jpgdodger.jpg
DSCF9322.jpgdodger.jpg
DSCF9323.jpgdodger.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”