Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Aberdare Wales

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Aberdare Wales

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Dodger67.JPG
Dodger's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Dodger is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Dodger was in boarding kennels in Guildford and then in foster with other dogs having fun!

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Dodger's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Dodger87.JPG
Dodger09.JPG
Dodger79.jpg
Dodger99.JPG
Dodger's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 21.03.17: We have a staff come in the pound, he's a castrated male, 3 years old and very friendly. BUT! He is not coping in kennels and he appears to be chirpy with other dogs in the kennel environment.

He isn't an aggressive dog from what I saw of him when collected but the other dogs and stress from kennels is causing Hyped behaviour which is still not good of course. Unless we find anything we will have to PTS after 7 days. I know you're full and you're taking a dog with issues already but just asking on the off chance. Poor lad is only three, he is hyper and the issues are going to need some serious work.

Must dash now but let me know if any miracles :) x A

31.03.17: Dodger is doing well at the kennels, as long as he is kept calm he settles well. He’s been on Zylkene tablets since day one and these may have helped. We will make sure there are some to come with him. He was very good at the vets for his vaccination (although no other dogs in the waiting room). Apparently he loves toys and plays nicely with toys and people. In discussing with the kennels we are confident that in the right hands he can really improve quickly, he just gets himself over excited and wound up to the point of hysteria if allowed then doesn’t know what he’s doing. He’s also a typical Staffie in that he doesn’t cope with kennels.
Dodger.jpg
He is a friendly boy and I’m so grateful you’re giving him a chance as he’s the kind that gets easily dismissed. The kennels are just careful over the threshold and use toys/treats and firm but kind voice to keep him back when entering/leaving. xA
jacnmrb

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by jacnmrb »

Thank you for saving Dodger, Lynne, at a time when RR is full; you have a heart of gold xx
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

What a stunning looking chap....so glad Jammy Dodger could be saved woo.gif] xXx
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Wow RR to the rescue again. Thank goodness . Welcome dodger .RR will make your time here as comfortable and calm as possible . Xx
nhelyer

Post by nhelyer »

Dodger was another lovely surprise for us on Saturday! Having braced ourselves for a very hyper boy who might be wary of us entering his kennel, was likely to struggle coming down the run, and find walking on a busy Saturday with lots of dogs about rather a challenge ... well, not a bit of it! Dodger welcomed us into his kennel without hesitation and although he was excited to see us, his excitement levels were no greater than many of our other dogs ... just the usual bouncy, slightly bonkers staffie we're all used to and love to bits! He play mouths a wee bit but is very gentle with it, so no worries there. And then down the run we went, expecting rather a challenge ... and Mr Dodger just calmly strolled out without turning a hair, completely ignoring all the other dogs shouting at him from their kennels! Go Dodger! thumbs.gif

Out on the walk it would be true to say that Dodger isn't keen on other dogs but he's super responsive and can be encouraged to just walk on quickly. He's another smashing boy who has arrived with lots of 'bad boy' labels that appear to be thoroughly undeserved. Welcome to Rescue Remedies Dodger, where you'll be seen and loved for the gorgeous boy you really are! love4.gif
I told him a joke ;-)
I told him a joke ;-)
20170408_140404 (002).jpg
20170408_140433 (002).jpg
20170408_140435 (002).jpg
20170408_140532 (002).jpg
20170408_140538 (002).jpg
20170408_140545 (002).jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

He's a handsome boy, well done dodger x
pits

Post by pits »

I took Dodger out for a walk earlier for the first time. He was easy enough to get out of kennels and was very good on his walk. He's got a very friendly happy personality which reminds me a lot of Milo. It was a nice walk and looking forward to walking him again. Here's some pics I got:
d1.jpg
When he was sampling some greenery
When he was sampling some greenery
d3.jpg
GailW

Post by GailW »

Dodger 1.jpg
You know when you meet certain dogs & they just make you smile straight away? Well, for me Dodger is one of those dogs (just like my RR buddy Frankie!).

I took Dodger out for a hands-free/canicross run and walk today & he's just wonderful. He was a little squirmer when I had to put his harness on in the kennel (making me smile from the outset!) but as soon as we were outside he was just perfect. I didn't encounter any issues when we passed people or dogs - he just seemed happy to be out getting exercise. He really loved the chance to run & his tail didn't stop wagging :-).

When we stopped for a little respite he was so affectionate. We lay on the grass & had a few cuddles & he was straight on his back with a big grin on his face (such a tart!).

I have fallen in love with this little fella - he's got a great character & I felt so happy just being around him to the extent that I was the one who felt privileged to be in his company and to have the opportunity to get to know such a wonderful boy.

I really hope someone gives Dodger a loving home as he's cheddar gorge!
Dodger 2.jpg
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

I love walking Dodger. He's a big bouncy boy in the kennel, just so excited to see you, and will want to pull you along on the walk but I've found he's very responsive to a gentle 'ah ah' and then he will happily trot alongside you. I haven't walked such a responsive dog since Trixie was with us.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to meet Dodger on Friday as he moved over to Gatwick, lovely boy and enjoyed the attention of his photoshoot thumbs.gif
DSC04911 - Copy.JPG
DSC04888.JPG
DSC04889.JPG
DSC04909.JPG
DSC04911.JPG
DSC04887.JPG
DSC04910.JPG
DSC04906.JPG
DSC04908.JPG
DSC04878.JPG
DSC04883.JPG
and cuddling up to Donna ...
DSC04899.JPG
He really is very handsome
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”