Lucy Staffie DofB 2008 - 25th November 22

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rachellm

Re: Lucy Staffie DofB 2008 Rustington Foster

Post by Rachellm »

Lucy continues to show us what a good dog she is. I have been off work this week and really enjoyed her company. Lucy loves to follow you round the house to see what you’re doing, initially this was all the time but she’s now more confident to stay in the lounge while I have got on with other things :goodjob.gif: She sleeps on the sofa at night with no problems. She meets all guests well including younger ones and everyone loves her love4.gif
Outside she can be strong initially on the lead but this soon settles and is getting better we have noticed. Lucy loves her walks and we have been on lots this week, we have seen other dogs and she has shown no negative reactions although we have managed to avoid the poorly controlled ones which is a miracle round here! She walked nicely with my mother in laws small dog last week and didn’t really pay her much attention thumbs.gif
I have left her alone for 3 hours this week which she managed well, this is in preparation for me going back to work next week. She will be going into work with Steve for a couple of days, she isn’t keen on it as it is noisy but luckily it isn’t every day.
Lucy is an all round lovely dog and it is a pleasure to have her as our foster girl love4.gif
059F6A04-DF6E-4C12-8BFB-C1677D1ECB69.jpeg
Collapsed after a long walk!
Collapsed after a long walk!
Snuggled on a cold night
Snuggled on a cold night
How can you resist that face?!
How can you resist that face?!
Waiting patiently for me to get ready so we can go for a walk
Waiting patiently for me to get ready so we can go for a walk
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Good girl Lucy. x thumbs.gif
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Lucy continues to show what a lovely dog she is, this week has been return to usual routine for us all and she has adapted really well. She has been into work with Steve a few times this week, she doesn’t like being in the office when he isn’t there and can jump the safety gate, so the compromise is she lays on a mat near him so she can watch him working in the workshop (she is a nosy Staffie after all!) I then I pick her up early afternoon and she stays at home for the rest of the afternoon on her own for 3 hours and has been fine thumbs.gif
Apologies for my poor video skills, but this shows with careful introductions Lucy is happy to share her walk with another dog and even say hello :goodjob.gif: she isn’t keen on big dogs or dogs that run up to her so will tell them off, otherwise she just watches them with interest and no reaction :smiley-chores002.gif:

pits

Post by pits »

Great video and photos, that photo of her on the sofa is so cute!
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Well Lucy has been with us for over a month now and is a lovely gentle Staffie who gives you love in abundance love4.gif
She is able to be left for up to 4 hours with no damage (unless you accidentally leave the kitchen bin out!)
Lucy loves her walks and will mainly walk past dogs with no reaction unless they are too close to her then she will give them a little warning growl particularly if they are bigger than her!
She loves to play but also enjoys her sleep and cuddles on the sofa, an all round lovely dog!
0A863D3C-C09A-48AA-9736-C73557F7BCCE.jpeg
D50AFE4E-6274-41D6-843E-B881BF610AC7.jpeg
34B2B954-F239-4583-9286-9B6099B76CD3.jpeg
Last edited by Rachellm on Sun 17 Dec 2017 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Bless her heart. ..she looks very content :thanks.gif: :goodjob.gif: thumbs.gif
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Aww Lucy, so happy for you. Thanks for looking after her. :goodjob.gif:
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Lucy is such an easy going dog, there isn’t really anything to add from what I’ve already said, she’s a beautiful loving dog and would make someone a perfect companion love4.gif love4.gif

That face!!
That face!!

C4E53D0C-0637-4A28-8EF3-2EB5EAD6085F.jpeg

Cuddling up on a cold night
Cuddling up on a cold night
mandyandmike

Re: Lucy Staffie DofB 2008 Rushington Foster

Post by mandyandmike »

Such a good girl Lucy, glad you are in a warm snug home. thumbs.gif
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

I think it’s safe to say she is enjoying being here Mandy.....

F9FABE46-3E0F-4259-8CD9-CF0241DDE7C3.jpeg

Helping to change the duvet cover!
Helping to change the duvet cover!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”