Smithy Staffie DofB 2011 Helston Cornwall

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Smithy Staffie DofB 2011 Helston Cornwall

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Smithy45.jpg
Smithy's Story : Smithy was living with young children, cats and a female Staffie partner both not neutered and also 2 adult offspring again not neutered. ?Recipe for disaster ... yes disaster struck with a fight and Smithy and his son we dumped with the council with Smithy needing to have his eye removed: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Smithy is now neutered; chipped and recovering from eye removal, and a knee operation. Smithy is fully vaccinated.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Smithy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Smithy15.jpg
Smithy.jpg
Smithy46.jpg
Smithy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 13.03.17: Smithy, 6 yr old entire male staff,microchipped. Smutty was handed into pound with his son due to the dogs fighting in home, he has various wounds, he was taken to vets as his eye was very sore and thought he had an eye ulcer, vet says it is very deep and is possible it could rupture. He has been put on drops for a couple of days and needs to go back to vet today (Monday) to see if any improvement,if no improvement the eye would need to be debridled or even removed if damage is that bad,he has lost some sight we think to eye. Unfortunately council costs will not stretch to these things so he WILL HAVE TO BE PUT TO SLEEP!!! Not my choice or pounds out of my hands - NEED SPACE LIKE NOW PLEASE!!!. Smithy is not great with other dogs in the kennel but has been in pain, but he has lived with cats. We were told he could be funny with some people but has been fine in pound and fine with vet even though he was being pulled around with his sore eye,unsure when he has been difficult in past but can check again with council this morning. Poor lad. I NEED SPACE CONFIRMED ASAP HE NEEDS URGENT SURGERY PLEASE RESCUES SOMEONE HELP ME !! X

15.03.17: Hi Lynne I just copied and pasted his old posts in the first email so you can take what you need from that. I don't know if I've put in there that we know he was living with two females not spayed and his son not neutered, fight involve the cat hence the scratch. They had been living with cats as well as children a very crowded muddled household. He has many battle scars from previous occurrences I would say he and his son Amos ( to follow) were handed in without a second thought knowing that he would lose his life as a council would not pay for his eye removal. I could not let that happen so he has had surgery and was castrated at the same time. We have had the chance to get to know him a bit more as he has been staying in emergency boarding kennels and it is fair to say that he was happier as each day went by which can only say one thing about his previous existence. We have found him to be a lovely older gentleman he is wonderful with people and to be fair once he is out of the kennel and not face-to-face with a dog he does not pay them that much attention. We feel that once he is out of kennels who may well ignore dogs as long as they keep their distance. It may be that in time he could live with another as he has been living with 3 others but bad experience for him. Hard to assess in his situation. Thank you so much Lynne for once again coming to my aid and helping me save a dog that nobody else would take I am forever in your debt X Cathy X
Pre-operation
Pre-operation
Smithy01.jpg
Smithy75.jpg
We are full currently but as soon as we gain space Smithy will come into us. Well done him for coping with his living demands so far!
MandaTK

Re: Smithy Staffie DofB 2011 Bucks Emerg. Kennel finding a p

Post by MandaTK »

Oh bless you little Smithy. You have been in the wars through no fault of your own!! Welcome to happiness xx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Poor little sausage! Children in the middle too aaaargh!
Smithy will be fine with RR. :welcome.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
frankie

Post by frankie »

Oh my poor boy thank you Lynne x
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Bless his heart. :welcome.gif: to the family sweetheart. Thank you for taking Smithy in Lynne xx
Chrissy M

Re: Smithy Staffie DofB 2011 Bucks Em. Kennel comes Gatwick

Post by Chrissy M »

Poor Smithy, fortunately animals cope very well with one eye, bless him xxx
Chapmania

Re: Smithy Staffie DofB 2011 Bucks Em. Kennel comes Gatwick

Post by Chapmania »

Smithy a Gatwick boy :smiley-dance017.gif: :welcome.gif: xx
Jojokate

Re: Smithy Staffie DofB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jojokate »

Bless your heart Smithy. You'll be just fine at RR. You'll have happiness with the RR humans don't you worry
Davidoneill

Post by Davidoneill »

Moved to tears - because of what's happened to Smithy in the past and contrasting this with the love and support that everyone will now give him at RR. :nicethread.gif:
AliKat

Post by AliKat »

I took the gorgeous Smithy out for a lovely walk in the sunshine this afternoon. He only arrived in kennels yesterday so I hadn't met him before, but he was easy to harness (once I'd figured out how to get the cone off his head) and he was eager to get out in the fresh air! He's only just had his left eye removed, so still adjusting to life with one eye, so he did bump into a few things along the way! I also had to try and keep him away from brambles because of his wound, but that was difficult as he really enjoyed a good sniff
lol.gif
He's super cute and dinky, with a very shiny coat - your typical, friendly, compact little staffie! Very alert to what's going on around him and loved being out and about - bless his little heart! We met several several dogs on our walk, but Smithy didn't seem to mind at all, we just stood to the side and he patiently waited for them to pass.
love4.gif
Looking forward to walking him again later in the week :smiley-chores002.gif:
He may only have one eye, but he's still incredibly gorgeous!
He may only have one eye, but he's still incredibly gorgeous!
Showing off his shiny coat and a nice white spot on the back of his head!
Showing off his shiny coat and a nice white spot on the back of his head!
Looking right with his good eye!
Looking right with his good eye!
'Check out my war wound! It's a bit sore but starting getting better now...' poor boy xXx
'Check out my war wound! It's a bit sore but starting getting better now...' poor boy xXx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”