Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 - 25.07.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Elliesmum

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Oxted W/E Fostering

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh I saw this boy going round Facebook and a plea for a rescue space. I knew straight away Lynne would have him :goodjob.gif: woo.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
jacnmrb

Post by jacnmrb »

Thank you for saving the gorgeous Fudge, Lynne, and Sarah for giving him his much needed TLC. Love his upside down poses; he is sooooo cute xxxxxx for him
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Fabulous pics Sarah. Fudge really looks like he loves his humans. A sweet loving boy who just wants someone to love him and be around him all the time. Gorgeous gorgeous boy. I love his feet in the air pics even with his big bandage he manages it xxxx love4.gif
jules

Post by jules »

What a lovely kind boy Fudge seems to be despite everything. So much care now for him and a forever home soon. 0093.gif love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

He really is a lovely boy, very very loving love4.gif

Fudge has had a tough time in kennels and today was my dog walking day so I was a little concerned that taking him with me would upset him, but bless, he stayed in the car and settled well as I walked the other dogs, didn't touch his poorly paws so a double good boy thumbs.gif

Understandably Fudge isn't keen on other dogs too much at the moment but bless him, whilst he was out of the car we popped Bronx into the large crate covered by a sheet in the boot of my car for the trip to chessington and Fudge didn't realise he was there for the whole way !!! I didn't fancy my chances twice so Bronx travelled back to Gatwick later with Lynne ! But I was so pleased with Fudge thumbs.gif

He's done so well today settling in the car as I've walked other dogs and photographed others too. I made sure he couldn't see all the goings on as that would have wound him up but safe and out of sight he wasn't concerned and settled down after watching me go off from his passenger seat window ! I got a lovely greeting every time I got back in the car, such a clean face after all those facewashes today !!!

Fudges's busy day with me in the car has meant he's a tired pup his evening ! Back for his dinner, he does a lovely sit before I pop his bowl on the floor :D Thoroughly enjoys every morsel of his dinner but eats well, not a gobbler ! No problem at all with me around his food/bowl, and enjoyed some natural yoghurt for pudd !!!

Fudge is totally house trianed thumbs.gif

Very good boy overnight last night, slept on my bed and even left room for me ! Loved to cuddle up close love4.gif
IMG_5300.JPG
This morning ...
IMG_5302.JPG
IMG_5304.JPG
And this evening after we got home...
Cuddle time
Cuddle time
IMG_5307.JPG
Me covering up his modesty with my foot in the air obscuring the view of his recent neutering !!!
At his happiest upside down and stretched out !
At his happiest upside down and stretched out !
More snuggles on the sofa :smiley-gen132.gif:
IMG_5309.JPG
Such a handsome boy, sweet as Fudge love4.gif
IMG_5303.JPG
IMG_5305.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC03853 - Copy.JPG
Love this lad, he is sooo affectionate and does love to be cuddled in close love4.gif
all the garden and this is where he wants to be :0)
all the garden and this is where he wants to be :0)
DSC03860.JPG
If I'm stroking his head and finish before Fudge is ready he lets me know by pushing his head under my hand, sooooo sweet love4.gif

Fudge is so good letting me touch his bandaged leg, we have an inside sock which stays dry and an outside sock which he wears outside with a plastic bag underneath (or a poo bag, they are so very versatile !) to keep the bandage dry - he understands he can't go outside until we've changed socks bless ! And more than happy to change again when we come inside thumbs.gif
His other paw that I can see seems to be healing nicely and he's been very good at leaving it alone. Also takes his antibiotic tablets very well, in a chunk of nature diet and he takes it from me very nicely twice a day before his food. Such a good boy.

In the garden this morning ...
DSC03863 - Copy.JPG
DSC03861.JPG
DSC03862.JPG
DSC03863.JPG
Fudge would love to play ball more but I'm limiting his running because of his leg, don't want him to hurt himself but what a waggy tail when I held the ball !
DSC03864.JPG
DSC03866.JPG
DSC03867.JPG
Happy to come inside and rest thumbs.gif
DSC03853.JPG
Fudge is alert to noises, I have some temporary traffic lights outside my house which means more car noise, fudge listens and is alert to those sudden noises and the same for voices as people chat walking along the pavement - his head comes up and brow furrows, you can see him thinking ! But soon settles again, particularly with a stroke/cuddle to encourage him !
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

This is Fudge right now, bless, he's in a lovely slumber, lightly snoring away with the odd nose twitch that I hope are all part of sweet dreams love4.gif
IMG_5328.JPG
I was going to get up and do some jobs but if I do that will disturb his sleep and I so don't want to do that so here I am updating his thread again from my spot on the sofa !!!

Some upside down shots from last night !
IMG_5310.JPG
IMG_5311.JPG
and curled up comfy on the dog cushion :D
IMG_5312.JPG
On my bed ...
IMG_5313.JPG
IMG_5314.JPG
Looking after my towel after my shower this morning !!!
IMG_5315.JPG
IMG_5316.JPG
More outside time...
IMG_5321.JPG
IMG_5317.JPG
Not going to let a splint/bandaged leg stop him enjoying roll overs !!!
Not going to let a splint/bandaged leg stop him enjoying roll overs !!!
IMG_5319.JPG
IMG_5320.JPG
Inside again for snuggles :smiley-gen132.gif:
IMG_5322.JPG
IMG_5323.JPG
"Er, what are you doing Sarah, I'd rather you were properly focused on me"!!!
IMG_5324.JPG
Properly getting his message across !!!
Properly getting his message across !!!
More sleepybyes, all good for Fudges recouperation thumbs.gif
IMG_5326.JPG
IMG_5327.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Such a beautiful day I thought we should get some fresh air in the garden so I decided to weed one of the beds. Fudge put on his outdoor sock with plastic bag beneath and out we headed !
Fudge wasn't that impressed that I was weeding when I could be cuddling him !!!
IMG_5335.JPG
Fudge came and sat right be me on the step of the decking, bless, when he sits like this you realise just how skinny he is, he must have lost a fair bit of weight I think since finding himself homeless, we'll feed you up young man xxx
IMG_5336.JPG
IMG_5337.JPG
"Are you sure I can't help you ?"
IMG_5338.JPG
Relaxing but keeping an eye on me !!!
IMG_5339.JPG
IMG_5340.JPG
Next thing I know it's a hop skip and pounce on the tennis ball !!!
IMG_5341.JPG
IMG_5342.JPG
I know he'd love to charge around with the ball but the splint/bandage makes that difficult and I worry Fudge will do some damage to his leg so we kept it very low key.

Then I fetched the rug for him to lie on ! Fudge sat at first, looking around and taking in the sounds and the smells, and then relaxed nicely thumbs.gif
IMG_5343.JPG
IMG_5344.JPG
IMG_5345.JPG
IMG_5346.JPG
Fudge likes to scruff up rugs/blankets to make a cocoon to lie in - it didn't quite work roflmao.gif
IMG_5347.JPG
IMG_5348.JPG
That's better !!
IMG_5349.JPG
IMG_5350.JPG
IMG_5351.JPG
And gardening done it was inside for dinner, your yum says Fudge !!!
IMG_5352.JPG
What a beauty xxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Bless his little cottons, this is not for the squeamish, here's a close up of Fudge's recovering front right paw - the unbandaged one...
IMG_5355.JPG
Ouch eh icon_cry.gif
It's healing nicely and Fudge has left it alone which is a relief. His notes suggest the other one was much more severe, he is such a brave soldier :yes.gif:

Happily snoring next to me on the bed now love4.gif sweet dreams all x
jules

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Oxted Temp Fostering

Post by jules »

What a super looking boy and lovely natured to boot! He's got youth on his side so hopefully will heal well soon. Good boy to leave his wounds alone. He looks very content with you Sarah. Great thread as usual. :goodjob.gif: :thanks.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”