Huey Staffie DofB Oct 15 Dunstable Beds

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Huey Staffie DofB Oct 15 Dunstable Beds

Postby xxlynne » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Current Status: Homed

Huey40.JPG

Huey's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Huey is now neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Huey was in boarding kennels nr Chessington & Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Huey's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Huey41.JPG
Huey44.JPG
Huey47.JPG

Huey's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 5.1.17 Huey as rehomed by the person named on the chip in April, the next person also gave him away as they said he was chewing when they were not there, and then he was picked up by us as a stray with no one coming forward for him. The original owner stated that when he was with her, he was child and dog friendly. He has been to the vets today and although a little too enthusiastic, was a lovely boy showing no problems with all the other dogs in the room, waggy tail, sniffs etc. With discipline and attention he will make someone a lovely boy. Lx
xxlynne

Re: Huey Staffie DofB Oct 15 Chessington Kenns

Postby Sarahk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:00 pm

I met handsome Huey today, cor blimey quite the looker and loved the camera too :cool.gif:
DSC02240.JPG
DSC02238.JPG
DSC02241.JPG
DSC02247.JPG
DSC02245.JPG
DSC02246.JPG
DSC02244.JPG
DSC02243.JPG
DSC02242.JPG

:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Myfurbabiesfamilt » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:20 pm

love4.gif love4.gif oh my gosh what a beautiful boy I'd have called him socks lol lol.gif I hope he finds a home very soon, and hope it is a forever home and he stops being past from pillar to post. if I could I'd have a house full but I can't not enough room good luck Huey beautiful boy love4.gif
Myfurbabiesfamilt

Postby Davidoneill » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Took Huey out this afternoon for a walk - very well behaved, stops and acknowledges you when you call his name. Great at spotting squirrels and takes a statuesque stance as per the previous pictures posted. Huey likes human contact, jumps up a little for attention but not in a bad way (although jeans going in the wash). Enjoyed spending time with him. Huey is very photogenic - but also very personable - and has a nice temperament, I found it very easy to bond with him and certainly he would make a great pet.
Davidoneill

Postby frankie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:33 pm

I met this lad when I was walking Annie he is so handsome in the flesh .He was walking with Precious and they seem to be good friends , he sat for a treat didn't mind sharing with the other dogs nice chap x x
frankie

Postby helenmc2003 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:49 pm

I walked Huey on Saturday. He's a very friendly boy. He jumps up for attention but will get down when you tell him to. He responds to his name and sits for a treat. A nice boy.
helenmc2003

Postby xxlynne » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Huey wins friends wherever he goes. Today on return from his walk on a cold crisp winter morning he jumped into a travel crate next to Buddie another lovely Staffie and suddenly we were walking with a family and 3 other Staffies. Huey was the kenne young lad he is slightly pully to go and meet and greet and explore. Responsive to voice and command. An intelligent highly trainable adorable boy who we know has lived with other dogs and his dog skills are there to witness and admire... opps then he decided during a treat session to hump Buffy the female . She took it well and commented Huey was obviously a newly neutered male...not a problem and we all laughed

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
xxlynne

Postby georgiahobson » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Huey is a lovely boy! Very bouncy and full of love! My family & I walked him yesterday but unfortunately homed another 4 legged friend to no fault of Huey's own. He'd be an amazing pet to someone - I wish him all the luck in finding a forever home ❤.
georgiahobson

Postby Bramleyapples » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Took Huey out for a run today as there were some suggestions that he might enjoy that. Well he certainly loved it, and was just such a pleasure to be out with.

He was happy to walk if I needed a break, and I found he didn't pull at all on the harness while walking after he had gotten rid of some excess energy! He was very friendly to people and dogs we encountered, but was happy to keep going past them as well. We had some cuddles when we got back - he took treats beautifully and was very affectionate. Lovely boy.
Bramleyapples

Postby Jojokate » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Oh I'm. ever so pleased Huey got to have a good run. It was me who suggested it. He was dying to stretch when I take him out but I'm a useless runner ! Lol
This has warmed my heart 0028.gif
Hopefully I will spend some time with him this Saturday too . I do love this boy
Jojokate

Postby Bramleyapples » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:38 pm

received_10155322426390942-614x819.jpeg

Posted on behalf of Jo
Bramleyapples

Postby Jojokate » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Took Huey out on a lovely long walk over oxshott woods today. He loved it.
Full of energy, had a good stretch out so hopefully he'll have a nice sleep this afternoon.
He's such a pleasure to be with, very loving. Can be bitey but without malice , just a young playful lad and he will soon grow out of that. All he needs is the right commitment and time like any other dog needs. He will make a family or anyone very happy . If I didn't have cats he would be mine .
I'm very attached to this boy , he deserves his warm sofa and a loving family . :dog_running-186.gif:
Jojokate

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed