Sandy Staffie DofB 09.04.15 Okehampton, Devon

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Sandy Staffie DofB 09.04.15 Okehampton, Devon

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Sandy87.jpg
Sandy's Story: Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Sandy is now neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Sandy was in kennels in Broxbourne.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Sandy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Sandy91.JPG
Sandy46.JPG
Sandy05.JPG
Sandy84.JPG
Sandy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 11.12.16: SANDY Small SBT female, approximately 18 months old. Sandy is absolutely adorable. Affectionate, loving and lively, she is an active young lady who loves to have fun. Sandy enjoys long walks with staff and is settling well into kennel life. She walks beautifully on a lead and listens attentively to instructions. Sandy is good with other dogs when out and about on walks - she meets dogs politely and has a quick sniff. She shows no aggression to other dogs when on walks but kennel staff say she is less confident passing other dogs inside the kennel block and may bark (perhaps a release of excitement). Sandy arrived at the pound with no basic training but has made huge strides in a very short time - she is a clever girl who wants to impress. She has been learning not to jump up for attention or put hands in her mouth and tries very hard to remember her manners. She loves to please and would be a joy to train. S&S
Sandy30.jpg
Sandy52.jpg
Luella

Re: Sandy Staffie DofB 09.04.15 Guildford Kennels

Post by Luella »

What an absolute darling. Good luck with a loving new home soon baby
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Sandy and I have been chatting for a while so I was SUPER pleased to take her out today. Now I thought she was a puppy but her vax card says April 2015, so she's definitely not a baby. She is, however, the smallest and most terrier Staffordshire bull terrier you will ever meet. She rags her lead in the way that only terriers do, lots of shaking but zero damage thumbs.gif, she is also a busy little thing and loves her walks. She's very easy once she's settled into her walk and knows lots of her basics. Sandy is also the cutest of cutes love4.gif
covered in misty droplets from snuffling
covered in misty droplets from snuffling
to illustrate how teeny she is, her head only just clears the bottom rung of a fence
to illustrate how teeny she is, her head only just clears the bottom rung of a fence
jacnmrb

Post by jacnmrb »

Oh, wow, she looks like Bobby xxxxxx for her
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Gorgeous little Sandy love4.gif
DSC02008.JPG
DSC01992 - Copy.JPG
DSC01992.JPG
DSC02003.JPG
DSC02007.JPG
DSC01988.JPG
DSC02005.JPG
DSC01993.JPG
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

I`m so cute and good!
I`m so cute and good!
My first time walking little Sandy today, she is so friendly and gave me a lovely welcome into her kennel. She did grab the leads and was a bit jumpy on exiting the kennel area and I thought oh dear this is going to be a challenge but once we were out of the car park and across the road she was absolutely fine and I was pleasantly surprised at how good she was, she walked lovely, did pull a little at times, just excess energy, but she is so light and dainty you hardly feel her on the end of the lead. Although a busy little girl on her walk, she did listen to me and did sit for her treat. On the way back into the kennel area she did not grab the lead once and was so good going into her kennel bless her.
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

My first time walking Sandy and she is sooo teeny. Mandy gave me a hand getting Sandy ready as she was getting a bit stressed on the time I took to undo the jacket and put the leads on (thank you for the help Mandy) ... and once out pass the road she was easy pessie to walk. She watched intently the jack Russell on the other side of the canal in a very playful way and when asked to sit, she was instant and when asked to wait on the railway bridge every few steps she was very very considerate. An absolute darling little girl who wants to explore and is one smart cookie.
Look at my lovely brow
Look at my lovely brow
Dani

Post by Dani »

Sandy
Sandy
I have walked Sandy 2 times now.She is lovely little thing. Very puppy like still,even though adult dog.A bit of lead biting leaving kennel but you can move her along as so small.Both today and last Saturday the German shepherd rescue was out walking.She seems to be really good with other dogs.I have not seen her react.She did really well with Gsd's who was nervous of her but she just carried on walking.She got abit excited seeing a swan which was amusing.A very sweet girl.We join Big Bruce and his walker Laura for remainder of walk.Both dogs walked well together.Sandy liked the company as when Bruce went another way she wanted to follow.
FranB

Post by FranB »

IMG_8865.JPG
I had a lovely walk with Sandy today. She was a bit of a whirling dervish until we got onto the path, grabbing her lead and tugging but she settled down really well and was an absolute delight. Very nosey,she looks at everything but didn't pull at all and came to heel very well whenever we passed walkers. She ignored the first dog we met, a spaniel on a lead. The second dog, also on a lead, got a bit closer but all she did was to grab her lead once and give it a tug and then she was off again, no aggression shown at all. She is quite little which helps when first leaving the kennels.
Sarahk

Re: Sandy Staffie DofB 09.04.15 Post Spay Recovery Oxted

Post by Sarahk »

Sandy has come to stay for some tlc post her op - she had gone in for a spay but the vets discovered she was infact already spayed - bless she still has to recover from her GA bless her.
Sandy came home from the vets to mine last night, quite excited to be in a home, enjoyed a good explore of the house and garden, did her business outside and has proved to be housetrained ever since :D
DSC02289.JPG
DSC02284.JPG
in my garden as the light was going (hence a bit blurry, sorry !
in my garden as the light was going (hence a bit blurry, sorry !
She's a bit skinny so I'm giving her 3 meals a day to try and build her up - she LOVES her food and bolts it down so out has come my bowl for fast eaters to try and slow her down ! Sandy is excitable and full of youthful exhuberance but shes also gentle and very sweet. Sandy can use her mouth in her excitement but knows she has teeth and never does any harm and will stop as I calm her down and even more so tonight so I think its a case of settling :D
Sandy is excellent at sit and does so the moment she see's her food bowl :D

Today she came to the kennels with me as Friday is my walking day - I wrapped her up nice and warm and she rested in her crate in the car as I walked some of the woofers - then it was her turn and she was excited to be out, some ragging of the lead initially but soon calmed down and she had a lovely walk out with new girl Olive being walked by Charlie - once she's settled she is a very easy walk, gentle on the lead and responsive to her name thumbs.gif

This evening she has been really nice and chilled, earlier preferring to lie in her bed after her dinner ...
DSC02291.JPG
DSC02290.JPG
And just now she's jumped up on the sofa and is snuggling next to me, all her over-excitement gone and lovely and chilled, nice to see her properly relaxed thumbs.gif

She's also discovered my toy box and had ebjoyed a play with several of the toys love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”