Tessa 06 & Lexi 08 Staffie pair Aylesbury Bucks

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Tessa 06 & Lexi 08 Staffie pair Aylesbury Bucks

Postby xxlynne » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:39 pm

Current Status: Homed

Lexie85.jpg
Tessa
Tessa24.jpg

Tessa & Lexi's Story : Owner being made homeless could not find anywhere for her 2 Staffies, so they were booked to be put to sleep. Rescue Remedies were approached & offered a Rescue place saving their lives. Tessa & Lexi are now neutered; are chipped and fully vaccinated. They came into our care on the 7th Dec 16 and was in Guildford boarding kennels sharing a kennel.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Tessa & Lexi's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
LexiTessa26.jpg
Lexi & Tessa

Lexie95.jpg
Tessa Mum
Lexie89.jpg
Lexi daughter

Tessa19.jpg
Tessa
LexieTessa.jpg
Lexie with Tessa

Tessa09.jpg
Lexi Daughter
Tessa21.jpg
Lexi & Tessa's progress through our Rescue below

Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 2.12.16: Hiya Lynne, I'm a veterinary nurse at CXXXXXXXXXXX Vets in Essex. I have a client of ours who has her dogs booked in to be euthanized on Monday (5th December) at 1pm as she is being made homeless on Tuesday. She has tried multiple other rescue centres, but sadly she keeps being rejected as they are all full at this time of year. I have been asked If I could help, so I am wondering if you could possibly take them into rescue and find a foster or forever home (ideally together, but understand it's not always possible) as this is URGENT.

They are 2 entire female Staffies (mum and daughter), Tessa who is 10 and Lexi who is 8. Up-to-date with vaccinations. Good with other dogs on walks, but hasn't previously lived with any others.
Not good with cats as they usually try to chase them on walks. Both microchipped.

The owner has agreed to have them both spayed instead of being euthanized if a rescue space can be found. The lady's mother-in-law will be paying for either both neuters/euthanasia. The owner also has no way of transporting her dogs. Would you be able to help with this also? Would you be able to contact me as soon as possible please and I can let the owner know. If you have any other questions, or find that is easier to speak over the phone Thank you! Rosey SVN

Tessa & Lexi are being spayed on Monday and being held until Wednesday then coming into Gatwick Kenns
xxlynne

Re: Tessa 06 & Lexi 08 Staffie pair Essex Vets

Postby jules » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Such a sad story but great turn around. Thank you Lynne
jules

Re: Tessa 06 & Lexi 08 Staffie pair Essex Vets

Postby Chapmania » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:07 pm

How sad for the poor owner. :welcome.gif: to your new family Lexi and Tessa. Look forward to meeting you on Sunday xx
Chapmania

Re: Tessa 06 & Lexi 08 Staffie pair Gatwick Kenns

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Ali and I walked the lovely pair today. Beautiful ladies ...... they really don't look their age. Tessa took everything in her stride and Lexi was a little unsure, but totally understandable. Given time she will shine. Lovely, gentle girls love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby Elliesmum » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Photos needed walkers please so I can share the lovely pair on FB pages xx :thanks.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby Tim » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Yves and Ben were just bringing these two friendly girls back after a very wet and muddy walk, yet despite all the rain they still were happy to have their photos taken, especially Tessa who has such a great staffie smile:
love4.gif
DSC02726.jpg
love4.gif

First off...Tessa
DSC02685.jpg

DSC02695.jpg
DSC02691.jpg
DSC02689.jpg
DSC02693.jpg

and now the gorgeous Lexi
DSC02705.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

DSC02709.jpg
DSC02719.jpg
DSC02715.jpg
DSC02696.jpg
DSC02721.jpg
DSC02724.jpg

Such sad circumstances as to why there with us but I'm sure it won't be long until they find there forever home
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby anne » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Louise and I walked this lovely pair this morning. We got a lovely welcome from them and they were both keen to be going out for a walk. Lexi seemed more confident of the two, full of enthusiasm and setting a fast pace up front. Tessa just seemed to want to be close to Lexi all the time. They are both very friendly and responsive and we all enjoyed a lovely walk through the woods.
anne

Postby xxlynne » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Looks who were coming back from their walk today

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
xxlynne

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Anne and I walked this lovely pair of ladies this morning. They are both coming out of themselves and were very pleased to greet us in their kennel. Once harnessed, Anne and I had a laugh doing that, as Lexi tried to walk under Tessa at the same time lol.gif we enjoyed a walk through the woods. Lexi is starting to connect with her walker which is a joy to see love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby anne » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Ali and I had a lovely walk with this dynamic duo today. They are coming out of their shells and we can see their personalities emerge. Lexi is GO GO GO on her walk. She likes to be in front and is keen to get to wherever we are going! Tessa is happy just to be wherever Lexi is but is getting more independent. Sometimes they bumble along side by side, touching each other which shows their close bond. Lexi is getting more responsive and I noticed today that she was learning to wait as Ali climbed over the stile and was starting to look round at Ali and connecting more. Tessa is just a sweetie who seems to 'go with the flow'.
DSCF7340.jpgTL.jpg

DSCF7344.jpgTL.jpg

DSCF7348.jpgLT.jpg

DSCF7350.jpgT.jpg

DSCF7352.jpgL.jpg

DSCF7355.jpgL.jpg

DSCF7357.jpgLT.jpg
anne

Postby Chrissy M » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Had a lovely walk with this delightful pair today with Barry.

They were both very friendly and soooooo happy to be out and about, very good with passing dogs (all on leads) these two would be a dream in any home, they are so in tune with each other and love to be very close.

A lot of horses in their spesh Christmas gear passed us and the two girls were very well behaved and just watched them silently go by.

Tessa horse x mas.gif
Mini Santa on a horse did not phase these two gems xx

horses x mas.gif
A very calm pair watched this lot go by , I hope they felt festive !

tessa and lexi .gif
The Dynamic duo enjoying a few treats
Chrissy M

Postby Chrissy M » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:23 pm

This sweet pair are so easy to harness and walk and love to be out and about, always checking each other is there..cute !

I walked them yesterday with Judy and they were good as gold, no reaction to passing dogs at all..top marks !

lexi tessa .gif
The very friendly pair with Judy
Chrissy M

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed