Maya Ridgeback x DofB 25.07.14 Emsworth Hants

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Maya Ridgeback x DofB 25.07.14 Emsworth Hants

Postby xxlynne » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:04 am

Current Status: Homed

Maya4.JPG

Maya's Story: Maya lost her home in an emergency due to a couple splitting up: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Maya is now neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Maya was in boarding kennels nr Guildford Surrey

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Maya's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Maya79.JPG
Maya80.JPG
Maya90.JPG

Maya's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Urgent phone call stating owner had been thrown out of accommodation and his dog Maya was having to sleep in the car as he could bring her into his mother's house as although she is good with dogs, the mothers 2 dogs would not let her in their house.
Maya6.jpg
Maya5.jpg
Maya3.jpg
Maya4.jpg
Maya1.jpg
We instructed the family to bring her to kennels the next morning Wed 30th Nov
xxlynne

Re: Maya Ridgeback x DofB 25.07.14 Chessington kenns

Postby JenG » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:20 am

Welcome beautiful Maya - you must feel like your World has been turned upside down but you are safe now in our RR Family. I hope your stay is brief and that you find a loving home very soon.
JenG

Postby jules » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:34 am

Lovely girl looking very lost at the moment but safe with RR. Hope forever home comes soon for her. X
jules

Postby helenmc2003 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:27 pm

I walked Maya this afternoon. She's a lovely pretty girl. She knows "sit" and takes treats gently. She was friendly with most people we met and indifferent to most dogs, although she did seem fearful of one off lead terrier we met. She pulled on the lead a bit on the way home (probably because it was dinner time!) but was very good in the park. She also likes strokes and cuddles.
helenmc2003

Re: Maya Ridgeback x DofB 25.07.14 Chessington Kenns

Postby Sarahk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:42 pm

I met the gorgeous Maya yesterday to snap some photos - wow, what a lovely girl, she just wants to be close to you, leans in then rolls onto her back for a tummy tickle, utterly gorgeous love4.gif

And she smiles too :D
DSC01694 - Copy.JPG

Meet pretty Maya ...
DSC01681.JPG
DSC01690.JPG
DSC01679.JPG
DSC01692.JPG
DSC01693.JPG
DSC01694.JPG
DSC01690 - Copy.JPG
DSC01695.JPG
DSC01680.JPG

And here she is on her back for tummy tickles love4.gif
DSC01683.JPG
DSC01687.JPG
DSC01689.JPG
DSC01688.JPG

Really lovely girl, do dope her home comes soon :crossfingers.gif:
DSC01675.JPG
DSC01696.JPG

Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Maya Ridgeback x DofB 25.07.14 Chessington Kenns

Postby John » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:09 pm

I didn't nominate a dog to walk today but asked for one that needed a walk. More exciting not knowing what's coming out. Anyway out came Maya. Wow, what a striking girl she is. Difficult to pin point what breed mix she is .....some Alsatian possibly.
Another nice friendly dog. We were walking with Frankie and Bea who were with Rafferty and Wanda respectively. Because Rafferty was 'shouting' at Maya quite a bit I walked on ahead. She was very easy to walk and very friendly. Coming back,she pulled a bit because she wanted to catch the others up.
She was very affectionate back at base. She loves rolling over for tummy rubs. (Don't we all?) :smiley-bounce016.gi: winkwink.gif
John

Re: Maya Ridgeback x DofB 25.07.14 Gosport temp foster

Postby montyjack2 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:46 am

Maya is recovering at Monty's pad, good grief what a lovely girl, hurry and snap her up, super friendly, cuddly, not bothered about Monty, goes outside for toilet, takes treats very gently, very gentle sincere girl x
montyjack2

Postby montyjack2 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Maya has now recovered from her spay and is now enjoying more vigorous walks, she is a lovely friendly dog and loves her cuddles, she has been clean in the house and has not chewed anything. She does not pull on the lead and is gentle taking treats x

Here are some pics of her stay here

xx
montyjack2

Postby bizlate » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:42 am

Maya is LOVELY! what a nice big smile :D
bizlate

Postby mandyandmike » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Maya.jpg
Pretty Girl but looking a bit lost
Met and walked Maya today, what a lovely friendly girl she is. She had only just arrived at Guildford so she was a bit unsettled and wondering what was going on bless her, but I can`t fault her, she happily went off with me, was very light on the lead and didn`t pull on the way out, she was a bit more keen to get back but I think she wanted to get back to Lynne (not the kennels) and was very happy to see her again in the car park! She is in lovely condition (well rounded) and has obviously been looked after loved, she did a first class sit at the roadside.
mandyandmike

Re: Maya Ridgeback x DofB 25.07.14 Guildford Kenns

Postby Julieh » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:50 pm

We transported the beautiful Maya from Gosport today and oh my she is gorgeous , she really captured my heart.she walked lovEly with TriXie, and ignored the pop TriXie had at her. What a good girl, had TriX been more welcoming Maya would have been coming home with us. Praying this beautiful,gentle little girl finds her home soon. Please if anyone can offer some Christmas rest this little girl will win your heart and love you unconditionally
Julieh

Re: Maya Ridgeback x DofB 25.07.14 Guildford Kenns

Postby Julieh » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:02 pm

How is this beautiful , gentle little girl doing? I keep thinking about her and hope she's settled .
Julieh

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed