Milo Staffie DofB 2013 - 02.07.17

In loving memory ...

Milo Staffie DofB 2013 - 02.07.17

Postby xxlynne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:27 am

Milo52.JPG

Andy & Tina shared the sad news today that Milo left us today. He had 2 fits on Friday out of the blue and then this morning went into a prolonged fit which their vet could not bring him out of, other than offer him Peace. Our heart bleeds for Andy & Tina...they are stunned and totally bereft.
MiloWey.jpg

Milo's Thread below:
Milo's Story : Milo's owners girlfriend is pregnant and is allergic to Milo : Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Milo is now neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Milo was too stressed in kennels so he gained a premium foster place in Petersfield as an only dog

Milo is an amazingly beautiful Staffie with such a magnificent Staffie head. Inept outside but learning to relax in public: walks must have been infrequent occasions in his past. Branch hanger but loses interest by the end of his walks. Meets dogs well seems unperturbed as long as they don't intrude. Incredible companion & perfect front passenger in the car. Struggled to keep weight on him in kennels. Very loving quiet natured so caring. Charisma

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Milo's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Milo61.JPG
Milo65.JPG
Milo81.jpg

Milo's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Desperate call if we could help Milo who is homeless as of now. Owner holding 2 days until Nov 26th 16
xxlynne

Re: Milo Staffie DofB TBAss Waterlooville comes 26

Postby Chapmania » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:53 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Milo :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
Chapmania

Re: Milo Staffie DofB TBAss Waterlooville comes 26

Postby MrsP » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Milo is a treat for Staffie lovers, dinky with a big square head and a lovely soft nature. I got a couple of photos but he just wanted cuddles which made it difficult. Mandy (who picked him up) and I both have 2 RR dogs each already, I think if we didn't there would have been fisticuffs over who was taking him home. He's very good on the lead but is not for sticks/logs/trees, not a major issue as one "leave it" and well he left it!
Milo1.jpg
still trying to give me kisses even though I'd moved away

Milo2.jpg
looking a little lost

Milo3.jpg
look at that little squat nose, so gentle taking a treat

I've got a video or two but I'll have to post that another day as Peppermint (one of my delightful dogs) has chewed through my laptop lead :smiley-rolleyes010.gif:
MrsP

Re: Milo Staffie DofB ?2013 Chessington Kenns

Postby kashers » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:26 pm

I also had the pleasure of meeting milo before he was whisked away by Lynne. He is a lost little boy at the moment bless his heart but he won many fans today amongst walkers. He is a little sweet perfect bundle and I enjoyed major cuddles when Lynne asked me to look after him whilst she took Vinnie back to his kennel. I told milo that he was safe now and we would love and take care of him and that I doubt he would be with us for long. Gorgeous gorgeous boy x
kashers

Postby xxlynne » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Milo travelled to Chessington so he is ready for neuter, begin skin treatment, chip and vaccination early Monday.

Kerry with Milo whilst I emptied the front passenger seat for him (Sorry Megan)
Milo (2).jpg
Milo (3).jpg
Milo (4).jpg

Milo was NOT going to go into a crate 'thank you very much' so travelled as my front passenger. He was a delight and he 'rode' the front dashboard and enjoy the moving scenery. We stopped and had a walk in the Park close to his kennels.

Milo Soooooooooooo excited to be out walking

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Milo (7).jpg
Milo (5).jpg
Milo (6).jpg
Milo (8).jpg
Milo (9).jpg
Milo (10).jpg
Milo (11).jpg

Welcome to our family Milo
xxlynne

Postby mandyandmike » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Love little Milo. I transported him up to Guildford on Saturday morning and when I picked him up he was happy to go with me and just hopped in the car, he sat on the front passenger seat (clipped into the seat belt) and looked out the window. He behaved beautifully, a bit anxious a times but he was easily settled by some head strokes and soft words, he kept looking at me with his beautiful eyes as if to say "what`s happening, where are we going". If I didn't have my two already he may have gone home with me, he is such a cutie pie.

Milo 1.jpg
Bit scared at the kennels
mandyandmike

Postby mandyandmike » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Been thinking about Milo and just wondering if anyone can update and let me know how he is getting on please, many thanks x
mandyandmike

Postby Sarahk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 pm

I met the sweetheart Milo yesterday for his photoshoot love4.gif
DSC01671.JPG
Oh he's a heart stealer :D

Proper staffie boy ...
DSC01652.JPG
DSC01650.JPG
DSC01657.JPG
DSC01660.JPG
DSC01667.JPG
DSC01669.JPG
DSC01674.JPG

Did you get my good side ...
DSC01663.JPG

And this side ...
DSC01665.JPG

And of course this one thumbs.gif
DSC01668.JPG

And not just a pretty face love4.gif
DSC01661.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby xxlynne » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:52 am

Naughty Milo coverting a harness very precious but once retrived with an exchange of treat he had done no harm

xxlynne

Postby LizS » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:00 am

Milo joined me for a walk yesterday, he was excited to be out sniffing and investigating everything :D He's a cute stocky little guy and loves cuddles. He was good meeting a few off lead dogs, he mainly just ignored them. thumbs.gif
LizS

Postby xxlynne » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:13 pm

Milo was my companion today and travelled as my front passenger 'as cool as a cucumber'. Delightful kind and caring. He shared my cheese sandies, he leaned his head forward for little kisses and to receive strokes. Very well behaved far far away from the Milo who gets worked up in kennels and grabs a branch or harness to rag on occasions. He is still Mr Personality though!

What to say about Milo's chicken and cat test...I think Milo would be best as an only pet; and care around streets in case he espies a cat!

xxlynne

Postby Sarahk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:09 pm

Sweet little Milo accompanied Lynne in the dog mobile today for a day out :D

He enjoyed a run around my garden, I'd forgotten just how teeny that body of his is and that gorgeous face too love4.gif
IMG_4563.JPG
IMG_4564.JPG
IMG_4565.JPG
IMG_4566.JPG
IMG_4567.JPG
IMG_4568.JPG
Best sit for a treat :0)
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Next

Return to Rainbow Bridge