Joey Staffie DofB 2012 Waterlooville Hants

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Joey Staffie DofB 2012 Waterlooville Hants

Postby xxlynne » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:38 pm

Current Status: Homed

Joey3.JPG

Joey's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Joey is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Joey came into boarding kennels nr Broxbourne on the 28th Nov. Joey was fostered in with at least 3 other dogs in Rickmansworth, and laterly kennelled in Gatwick.

This little boy hasn’t had the best of care…he needs care now. Wonderful soul who you meet and want to care for. Good meeting dogs seems to need to get close to them almost as though he is short sighted or simply wants to be close. Gentle and would be great around sensible children. Currently fostered with a mixture of Terriers and Staffies, gaining weight once his nerves settled A Staffie lovers treasured boy. Darling

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Joey's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Joey43.JPG
Joey45.JPG

Joey's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 20.11.16 Hi Lynne please could you let me know if you have space to take any urgent dogs . Male brindle 4 year old This is the pound write up "Joey is an entire male approx 4 years old. He loves his walks and is good on the lead, he knows his basic commands. Seems ok with other dogs. Urgent rescue space needed" Thanks Amanda x
Joey.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Joey Staffie DofB 2012 Derby pound comes end of Nov

Postby Chapmania » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:44 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Joey :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
Chapmania

Re: Joey Staffie DofB 2012 Broxbourne Kenns

Postby Sarahk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:55 pm

Meet Joey, lovely sweet boy love4.gif
DSC01643 - Copy.JPG
DSC01645 - Copy.JPG
DSC01639 - Copy.JPG

DSC01643.JPG
DSC01639.JPG
DSC01645.JPG

bighug.gif Welcome sweet Joey xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby jacnmrb » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:09 am

Gorgeous brindle boy xxxxxx for him
jacnmrb

Postby Joanned » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:29 pm

2016_122023_0422_871.jpg
Took this little fella out on Sunday. What a little cutie. Quite a timid little guy who needs some TLC right now bless him. He is a little camera shy on walks so didn't get any good ones but he was great with Keita. Other dogs are not a problem for this little guy at all
Joanned

Re: Joey Staffie DofB 2012 Xmas Foster Rickmansworth Middx

Postby ShazJ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Joey has happily settled into the pack...usual posturing by all the little darlings but they're all asleep on the sofa now. Walks well on the lead..doesn't understand why Milly and Sparky get to run around and he can't. Loves meeting other dogs and their humans..especially if he gets petted. Very friendly guy all round. thumbs.gif
ShazJ

Postby ShazJ » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Joey is enjoying the chance to relax and snooze of the sofa as well as going for dog walks. He walks to heel very well and doesn't pull except when he wants to go and say hello to another dog. He is also very good at acting as a pillow for Sparky and a lap rest for my latch hook rug making!
ShazJ

Postby ShazJ » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Photos of Joey taken today, I liked the fact that his ears pricked up when the ducks quack. He is beginning to show enthusiasm on our walks and I suspect he could be have a strong terrier chase instinct. He'd love to run but walks very well on the lead.
IMG_0031.JPG
Chewing the kong.
IMG_0032.JPG
Looking interested....
IMG_0033.JPG
Was that a duck?
IMG_0035.JPG
Sparky found a nice pillow for his snooze.....
ShazJ

Postby sweetpea » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Lovely pics ...he is slowly losing the worried look on his gorgeous face .... :thanks.gif: for giving him time out of kennels :goodjob.gif:
sweetpea

Postby ShazJ » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:25 pm

He also makes a good lap rest for my rug making......
IMG_0038.JPG
ShazJ

Postby Myfurbabiesfamilt » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:03 am

love4.gif love4.gif I have to admit this dog has me, I think he is stunner and looks so sweet. I would so love to be able to offer a forever home but my dog just wouldn't accept another dog in the house. :goodjob.gif:
Myfurbabiesfamilt

Postby ShazJ » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Had a lovely walk with the dogs today. Joey is really good on both short and long leads, walks at heel without pulling and will walk on without pulling....unless he sees another dog. He only wants to be friendly and play chase but it's not always appropriate. He likes to chase balls and sticks but isn't good at giving them back, he may never be good at playing fetch. Am getting him to control his desire to meet dogs. On the other hand, he's ignored all the people we've met, even those who want to pet him. He walked past joggers, a cyclist, some kids as well as numerous adults. One other daft thing he did on one of the coldest days of the year? Decide to take a swim in the lake! Had to walk back on the same (sunny) side of the lake we came out on!
ShazJ

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed