Rafferty Staffie DofB Oct 2013 Glastonbury

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Rafferty Staffie DofB Oct 2013 Glastonbury

Postby xxlynne » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:26 pm

Current Status: Homed

Rafferty47 - Copy.JPG

Rafferty's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Rafferty is now neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Rafferty was in boarding kennels near Guildford

Well here is a great boy who wears his heart on his sleeve & is looking for a family who can offer him companionship. If another dog fires off at him he can rise to barkiness, with proper intros, Rafferty befriends. Close him in a crate in transport & he tell to "please get me out": Have him on the front seat & he quietly settles & learns to ride the roads. Younger in his mind than 3 years little boy lost boy learning to find his way. Raffy the Staffie

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Rafferty's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Rafferty5.jpg
Rafferty7.jpg
Rafferty91.jpg
Rafferty36.JPG

Rafferty's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Hiya Lynne, Have another come in if could keep in mind - he's another one that needs somewhere a little bit special and don't think would do well at BC or RSPCA...

"Rafferty" 3 years old entire male. There is a very long story with Rafferty but the short version is that his owner is in prison (for at least another year), he gave the dog to a friend to look after, the friend had for 3 months but isn't actually allowed to keep dogs where he lives so gave to someone else. Rafferty kept escaping from that person's place and then was picked up as a stray in a completely different area - we don't know therefore if he's been passed on again or if the person was visiting the area (probably the former).

Rafferty is a sweet dog, he's feeling a bit worried in the pound - not surprising with all the passing around - but he's not aggressive. Not sure what he's like with other dogs but have been told he was attacked very badly a year or two ago so may have been left with some issues from that (he's got a scar from it). His previous owner apparently used to walk him around everywhere off lead - and we never had complaints - so clearly had good control/training with him.

Poor little lad - is such a typical story for a brindle male 3 year old staffie! If any chance can help. Rafferty is microchipped but wrong owner details of course
Rafferty.jpg

Many thanks, Ali
xxlynne

Re: Rafferty Staffie DofB 2013 West Country Pound comes 22

Postby jacnmrb » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:34 pm

What a gorgeous brindle staffie; I do love a brindle thumbs.gif
jacnmrb

Re: Rafferty Staffie DofB 2013 Chessington Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:13 pm

It rained today...on Rafferty's first walk in our Rescue but he enjoyed it never the less . He is such a calm easy boy out on his walk. He was a little vocal in the dog mobile raising his concerns over the confusion of his predicament trying to make sense of where he is at the moment. Truth is he is now in safe hands and about to make many friends and enjoy life's gifts

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Rafferty met 2 dogs: I had to take the meeting a little bit carefully not having met Rafferty before but I needn't have been concerned. He walk with a loose lead and his natural place is by your side around the streets. I'm in love with this boy

Rafferty2.jpg
Rafferty1.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Rafferty Staffie DofB 2013 Chessington Kenns

Postby Chapmania » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Bless his heart Kiss of love.gif :welcome.gif: to the family Rafferty xx
Chapmania

Re: Rafferty Staffie DofB Oct 2013 Chessington Kenns

Postby Bramleyapples » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:53 pm

I had the pleasure of Rafferty's company all day today - Teggs and I took him out for a long walk and then took him home for some rest and cuddles!

What can I say - I totally fell in love with him within minutes, I would take him in an instant if I had a sofa he could call home! :D He was great on the lead, liked to explore but no pulling and he keeps in contact with you, looking back and coming over for treats and cuddles. He sits beautifully and will give his paw and takes treats very gently. If there's any waiting around to be done he does it patiently.

Rafferty walk.jpg

Rafferty sit1.jpg

When we got back to the house and made it clear we were staying for a while, he relaxed straight away, playing with a toy and making himself comfy. If one of us left the room he would come check out what we were doing, then head back to the sofa to relax.

Rafferty sleepy.jpg

We ate our lunch on the sofa while he just lay there, not the slightest hint of a beg! He was absolutely fine with me playing with his toys while he was playing, and when I took one of the cats toys that he had picked up off of him. He went and stood by the door when he needed to go out and then came in and slept for a good hour or so having a cuddle. You couldn't ask for a better hot water bottle!

Rafferty.jpg

The person who will undoubtedly snap Rafferty up is very lucky. He is such a happy boy out on walks and cuddling on the sofa, it is infectious - impossible not to be happy with that big, soft staffie head in your lap. This boy deserves to be somewhere he can build a bond with someone who won't have to take him back at the end of the day, and to have a forever home and not be passed around anymore. He will make someone an amazing friend. Good luck Rafferty!! love4.gif

IMG-20161128-WA0012.jpg
Your knee is very comfortable you know!
Bramleyapples

Postby xxlynne » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:10 pm

Rafferty joined in on Asha's homing today to show Asha's dog skills and revealed Rafferty's too. Rafferty mixed with a few dogs the only situation he had problems with was when he saw a huge Cane Corsa dog on a lead and Rafferty barked at it as if he couldn't believe his eyes. He also pushed himself too much on Asha at one stage and Asha told him off and he listened and soon settled having been taken back out of Asha's space.

xxlynne

Postby Sarahk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:37 pm

Rafferty does love a cuddle !
DSC01732.JPG

Such a handsome lad too love4.gif
DSC01747 - Copy.JPG
DSC01754.JPG
DSC01747.JPG
DSC01753.JPG
DSC01728.JPG
DSC01738.JPG
DSC01748.JPG
Rafferty can be cheeky too !

We asked Rafferty to sit ... which he did perfectly ! But wouldn't look at the camera lol.gif
DSC01736.JPG

Siuch a sweetheart love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby frankie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Rafferty came out of kennels his usual chatty self ,excited and so pleased to see you . We waited for Bea who was walking lovely pup Wanda (SR). Wanda loves Rafferty sooooooo much she walks close by his side kissing him often .It is so lovely to see and watch ,on our walk he so much wanted to play with her . We waited for John who was walking new dog Maya (SR) and Rafferty was very vocal when he saw her I don't think there was any malice there but we walked them some way apart to let him settle. Rafferty is a very chatty lad its very endearing and it really does seem like he is talking to you . Rafferty sometimes seems to be a little confused at his situation bless him . It is really hard to take Rafferty and Wanda back to the kennel they make a lovely couple and it really does tear your heart out. xxxxxx
frankie

Postby Bramleyapples » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:33 pm

Couldn't wait to get back in to see Rafferty, I wasn't disappointed by his incredibly enthusiastic greeting! This boy can take all the love you can give, what a cuddle bug. I brought a friend with me to walk and she was totally wrapped around his little finger in minutes. We had a nice long walk and he really enjoyed himself. He is so light on the lead, he is smaller than he looks in pictures and is just so happy to be with you - doesn't feel the need to be pulling off in front.

He was absolutely fine walking past small dogs but he did not like the look of a big ambull and was quite vocal but it was easy to move him on and distract him. He has clearly been loved in the past, if you pick up a stick or bounce a ball he gets excited, seeming to say 'I know this game! Let's play!'

Give this boy half a chance and he will have your heart! love4.gif
Bramleyapples

Postby xxlynne » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Rafferty had a day out of kennels yesterday having his second vaccination. Rafferty doesn't like the crate if other dogs are close by; settles in a travelling crate without other dogs close by but he real preference is to sit beside you on the front seat and he is content! Easy to walk little boy who walks with you with stops to satisfy his nose. Am sure Rafferty's family will come soon
xxlynne

Postby Bramleyapples » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Had a lovely walk again with Rafferty yesterday. He was more vocal with other dogs than he has been in the past, but he hasn't been out very much this week so that may just be excess energy! He is still easy to distract. He likes a good sniff around but after some initial exploring he will just stick right with you, looking up at you with his beautiful eyes and big staffie smile. Absolutely love this boy - although you may know that already :D

20161224_134026-719x957-359x478.png
Bramleyapples

Re: Rafferty Staffie DofB Oct 2013 Guildford Kenns

Postby pits » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Here's some photos I took earlier of charming Rafferty on his walk.

DSC_9497.jpg

DSC_9498.jpg
Soul searching eyes

DSC_9503.jpg
He's a lovely chap

DSC_9505.jpg
The promise of treats looming

DSC_9508.jpg
Om nom nom
pits

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed