Sidney Staffie DofB ?2006 - 20.10.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Sidney Staffie DofB ?2006 - 20.10.20

Post by xxlynne »

Sidney12.jpg
Sweetest Sidney went to sleep today. He had come to the end of the road and left his family bereft
Sidney.jpg
Sidney's Thread Below:
Current Status: Homed
Sidney's Story: Sidney was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Sidney is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. He had a dental, but no teeth were removed. A vet examined his head patch, which has now healed. His ear infection was treated; Sidney has regular ear checks. Sidney was in foster in Epsom.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Sidney16.jpg
Sidney17.jpg
Sidney14.jpg
Sidney73.jpg
Sidney's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
1.11.16: Sidney is a mature staff boy entire. He has rotten teeth, guessing he is 10, he is not generally worried by the other dogs but is not keen on anything too lively or barky. He has plenty of life left in him and is a lively boy. He is not that keen on being in kennels though. X Hard To Place (Find Rescue place) as Black AND Old Cx
Sidney1.jpg
Sidney.jpg
Sidney comes to us once transport can be arranged.
xxlynne

Re: Sidney Staffie DofB ?2006 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Sidney has arrived. He has a lovely velvet coat and a twinkle in his eyes
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Sidney travelled in the dog mobile today to our vets. He was very easily managed and was soon exiting having been 1st vaccinated and neutered. His teeth were cleaned but no removals.

Sidney is 'lost in rescue' a little confused as to what it all means. He attempted to open the travel crate and pulled some things into it on the journey which seemed more 'company items' than anything. Sidney developed a spot of moist redness fur on his head 10 days ago and had antibiotics which cleared it. My Staffie Monty developed the same in kennels and was the reason why he came home with me! I think it is more that he is stressy in the confusion of it all. He currently has a bald patch which once he relaxes in a home envirnoment he should relax and it will disappear.

Here is Sidney on his 'entry walk' into the rescue after his op in the local park
Sidney74.jpg
Sidney73.jpg
Sidney71.jpg
Sidney75.jpg
Sidney76.jpg
Sidney710.jpg
Sidney712.jpg
Sidney713.jpg
Sidney711.jpg
Sidney714.jpg
Tried to get some headshots of Sidney so 'parked him' he immediately started to sing
Sidney715.jpg
Sidney716.jpg
LizS

Post by LizS »

Sidney and I have had a few lovely strolls together recently he's very easy to walk, he's calm and doesn't pull. He also meets other dogs well. He developed a couple of sores on his head which look to be healing nicely. He's an older boy and I think he's ready to settle down in a nice loving home now. :D :crossfingers.gif:
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
xxlynne

Re: Sidney Staffie DofB ?2006 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Sidney was my front passenger this morning as he travelled to Guildford. Such a gentleman who seemed so settled and at home on the road. We have acknowledged that Sidney's hearing isn't too good perhaps 50%, a definite impairment. Makes him especially cuddly!
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

I love me an older boy and Sidney is your perfect older staffie chap. We went to the paddock together and we ambled about, he followed me everywhere, glued to my side love4.gif
We then played a bit of 'go find' which he loved and ran around together. I think 'together' is what is important to Sidney, he's quite happy as long as he has a person to be together with. We sat in his bed back in his kennel and had cuddles galore, his head and ears are bothering him a bit so he nuzzles into you in the cutest way to give them a scratch. He does a lovely thing with his blanket - he pulls it out of his bed and puts it right up to his kennel door so he can lay on it and watch the comings and goings.
Sidney1.jpg
Shining boy
Shining boy
anne

Re: Sidney Staffie DofB ?2006 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Sidney is a delightful gentleman, full of character and if the truth be told, a bit of a snuggle monster. Sidney likes to make himself heard and have a good old chat with you. He did this as I arrived at his kennel and if I stopped on the walk and when the treats came out. However whenever I sat down with him, he stopped the chatting and snuggled in as close as possible for hugs and was soon on his back enjoying belly rubs. He walked nicely on the lead, no pulling, and was an easy and delightful companion to have on a walk through the woods on a beautiful, warm, sunny morning.
DSCF7210.jpgsidney.jpg
upside down enjoying belly rubs
DSCF7211.jpgsidney.jpg
DSCF7218.jpgsidney.jpg
DSCF7219.jpgsidney.jpg
in the next 2 photos Sidney is chatting to me
DSCF7221.jpgsidney.jpg
DSCF7222.jpgsidney.jpg
DSCF7228.jpgsidney.jpg
DSCF7230.jpgsidney.jpg
DSCF7236.jpgsidney.jpg
DSCF7238.jpgsidney.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Sidney finished his little sojourn to Gatwick today, and put his meds. for his ears in the dog mobile and journied to Guildford via Westerham.

Cat test: comical Sidney determined to forget his age when things of great interest about! Notice is older trembling backlegs, bless him, when he is stand looking over the dog in the lounge window and back at the cat.

Sidney enjoyed a street walk in the warm afternoon
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

It would be so great to see Sidney find his forever home. He's a true gent, lovely to walk with no pulling and well behaved around other dogs we meet. He also loves a cuddle. Would be a perfect companion!
Hamish

Re: Sidney Staffie DofB ?2006 Epsom Foster

Post by Hamish »

Sydney is such a beautiful soul, he is so loving and such a pleasure to have at home. He obviously came from a family as he is as good as gold letting us know when he needs to go out. He talks to us and is so loving and such a loyal staffie.
129 (Small).jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”