Ziggy Staffie x DofB 09.06.14 Bournemouth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Ziggy Staffie x DofB 09.06.14 Bournemouth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Ziggy89.JPG
Ziggy needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Ziggy was found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Ziggy life. Ziggy is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Ziggy was in boarding kennels in Gatwick

Ziggy stardust… “the dog who almost came down to earth”. Ziggy is a little Zany, indeed a little simple and this needs to be understood about him. Ziggy finds himself overwhelmed by life. Enjoying every minute on his walks. Instincts are to pop at other dogs, at little scared as to what to do: Ziggy hasn’t had much exposure. Staffie size, energetic with an over-shot bottom jaw & an extra long tongue. Keen thirst related to moisture. Unique special needs

Visit Ziggy's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Ziggy27.JPG
Ziggy13.JPG
Ziggy9.jpg
Ziggy's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Please remember this is the information we received from the referrer. Once a dog is with us and we begin to work with them and unpack them they can and often do reveal positive skills trust and transform behaviours April 2016: Ziggy is a tan and white male crossbreed who is very friendly and loves getting hugs and attention from staff. He walks well on the lead but is an active boy so does need some training. Ziggy seems fine with other dogs and he is now neutered and first vaccinated. He needsa Rescue place ASAP

Ziggy has sat there for over 6 months we have stepped forwards for Ziggy; he comes into Broxbourne tomorrow he is the size of a Staffie
ziggi.jpg
frankie

Ziggy Staffie x DofB 09.06.2014 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by frankie »

aw poor Ziggy welcome lots of walks and love hope to see him at Chessinton x x
Chapmania

Re: Ziggy Staffie x DofB TBAss Lancs Pound comes 28th Aug

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family gorgeous Ziggy Kiss of love.gif xx
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Ziggy's write up from his pound rescue
Ziggy29.jpg
"Meet Ziggy, our resident snuggler... snuggling is Ziggy's trade mark... he just loves to nuzzle his head into your neck! Ziggy is the proud owner of the longest tongue in Lancashire, his tongue has a mind of it's own and can move independently to the rest of his body! And if this isn't the most unique thing you've ever seen on a dog... Ziggy also has the most fantastic under-bite, giving him funny little fangs when he smiles!
So that's how Ziggy looks - a special red boy, healthy and athletic in build, so what about his character?
Ziggy has participated in a community dog walk where he proved to be good with other dogs and very friendly towards people. He also had a day out at our fun Dog Show where he behaved wonderfully. He showed us all how clever and agile he is by completing the obstacle course on his very first attempt!

Ziggy is a really sweet boy but a bundle of energy! We're looking for someone who understands that even though he jumps up and pulls on the lead, it's probably because he's the type of dog that has too much pent up energy and enthusiasm for a kennel environment.... Ziggy really needs a home to thrive. Some basic training will make a fabulous boy of Ziggy! Thank you"
Ziggy28.jpg
Ziggy6.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Met Ziggy tonight and I was shocked he is staffie size with a sweet little face just like little Lily, a puggish nose. He has gained weight and cant wait to get him photographed and us to get going with him.
JenG

Post by JenG »

Oh wow!! Welcome Ziggy!
xxlynne

Re: Ziggy Staffie x DofB 09.06.2014 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Ziggy came into Guildford kennels today. We spent an hour together out on a walk. Ziggy is young and a 'go getter' on the lead and so I now understand why the pictures we were sent showing him with a halti on! Ziggy is light in weight so is manageable and can be called into connection with his handler. Ziggy is very light on his feet and athletic..leaps into you face to say hello. He has a lot of love to give and adores being out and about. He walked passed other dogs and seemed keen to meet but mannered when supported to wait as they passed.

Ziggy loves water, a real water baby. Ziggy is very good with people.

ZiggyGuild (1).jpg
ZiggyGuild (2).jpg
ZiggyGuild (3).jpg
ZiggyGuild (4).jpg
ZiggyGuild (5).jpg
ZiggyGuild (7).jpg
ZiggyGuild (8).jpg
ZiggyGuild (9).jpg
ZiggyGuild (11).jpg
ZiggyGuild (12).jpg
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Ziggy is a funny little fella, he's very loving but is yet to find his paws. Everything seems new to him and he's got a real puppy feel. He's a good boy and responsive to his person, he's also a great footballer according to the walkers who have taken him to the paddock :D He will be a smashing dog with a little care and learning.
bit of tongue
bit of tongue
some more tongue
some more tongue
ALL the tongue hahahaha (though look at his smashing 'sit', good boy)
ALL the tongue hahahaha (though look at his smashing 'sit', good boy)
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

I was lucky enough to enjoy two walks with Ziggy this week! So even though we’d met through the kennel door, and shared a few little nibbles and treats, it was a joy to finally head into his little run to say ‘hello’. He really is full of beans, launching himself into the air, and jumping up almost to head height in his enthusiastic welcome. He was a little tricky to harness, just because he was so excited that he wanted to give me a hundred and one kisses, but pretty quickly (and with the encouragement of a tasty gravy bone), Ziggy was harnessed up and heading out at top speed for a walking date with gentle Heidi and my sister Caroline.
Ziggy 1.1.jpg
Heidi is such a super girl and her calming influence gave Ziggy great confidence. They were both very intent on their walk so they pressed on at top speed. But I think when Ziggy finds his ‘forever home’ and enjoys regular daily walks which will tire him out a little, he will soon relax and be less inclined to pull at the end of the lead.
Ziggy 1.3.jpg
Ziggy is another of our water-babies and loved having a little paddle and float in the shallower parts of the river, as well as a good long drink. Walking around the back of the island he was also keen to drink from our water bottles – it’s really worth being prepared, as Ziggy is a thirsty little chap, but so well-mannered when drinking or waiting for treats. He’s very gentle taking them so there’s no need to count your fingers afterwards! They are always all present and correct!!!
Ziggy 1.2.jpg
The real delight was to see both Ziggy and Heidi walking in such harmony, closely together. Being so relaxed in each other’s company is a real bonus as it shows how marvellously well-adjusted these two lovely dogs are – and how easily they would both fit into a family environment.
Ziggy 1.4.jpg
Fortunately, the cows were in hiding on the island so we were able to walk easily without meeting any obstacles. We completed two lovely circuits before heading back to the kennels where Ziggy loved finishing up the last few nibbles I had in my pocket and enjoyed our cuddles before it was time for me to leave him and move on to another walk. He’s a very special little boy, which a huge personality and a sweet nature … and he really needs to find a home very soon so he can begin to enjoy life and all the comfort a family would bring him.
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

Following our walk on Saturday a couple of weeks ago, it was a real treat to meet up again with Ziggy, who is becoming a firm favourite with all the Guildford walkers, with his cheeky grin and exuberant personality. He really is a sweet little boy and although he was super-enthusiastic, jumping to incredible heights when he realized I had come to see him, he very quickly settled with me and was easier to harness this time around.
Ziggy 2.1.jpg
Heading out of the kennel, he was determined to break the land speed record, as we sped across the road and down the lane at full pelt. For such a little lad, who is so light when he jumps up to greet you, he is amazingly strong. Way back in his ancestry he must have Husky genes, as he would be a champion at pulling a sled over the icy wastes, I’m sure! Just remember, don’t say ‘Mush!’ too loudly when you are walking with him, as he’ll pick up the pace even more! As we had virtually run from the kennels to the river, we took the opportunity to rest sitting for a few minutes on one of the wooden posts near the water. Ziggy made the sweetest enquires into my health by gently jumping up to place his paws on my lap, while burying his head in the folds of my skirt! He really is a delightful and affectionate little chap, who absolutely loves company and this was his way of showing how happy he was to be out and about for the afternoon.
Ziggy 2.7.jpg
As we ventured onto the island, Ziggy was transfixed by the sight of about six cows, lying across the path – the exact route we were hoping to take! So rather than disturb these ladies, we doubled back and strode along the river path towards Guildford. Ziggy is incredibly well-meaning and interested in people, dogs, boats, dogs, trees, dogs ... you name it and he is excited by all the sights and smells – especially the dogs! And knowing he had been so calm and amenable with Heidi the previous weekend, I was confident that he could cope with passing four-legged walkers. He would have loved to make friends with them all and he showed really positive doggy skills, even at his tender age!
Ziggy 2.2.jpg
We reached the sandy bank and Ziggy dabbled in the water for quite a while ignoring a couple of off-lead dogs who had passed us on the main path. As they rounded the river bend and he caught them in his eye line, he stood transfixed, perhaps rueing the opportunity to make new friends by being side-tracked by his swim!
Ziggy 2.3.jpg
After some more paddles and shakes, we marched up the steep hill and along the main road to the kennels, but as he was still full of beans (and I had some spare time before taking Rusty out), we made our way to the paddock, where Ziggy’s true talents were revealed!
Ziggy 2.4.jpg
For Ziggy is FRISBEE KING of Rescue Remedies! He absolutely loved playing with the yellow halo of plastic and charged around like a loon, racing to catch it as it zipped through the air. Instead of returning to me for another throw, however, Ziggy delightedly did dozens of laps of honour around the big paddock, displaying his prize (and handsomely wearing it on his head!). What a funny little pickle he is!
Ziggy 2.9.jpg
When I parked myself on the paddock chair, Ziggy decided that he would join me, and leapt onto my lap for a lovely cuddle. As I mentioned, Zig is so strong when out walking but as he sprung onto my knees he was a light as a feather and a real cuddle monster!
Ziggy 2.8.jpg
This gorgeous boy is just waiting to fill his forever home with fun, licks and laughter! His antics are hilarious and so endearing – surely he won’t have to wait too much longer before he can brighten the lives of his new family with his shining personality … well, he is “Ziggy Stardust”, after all!
Ziggy 2.6.jpg
Last edited by JacquiC on Sat 12 Nov 2016 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”