Ruby Staffie DOB 30.07.13 Kingston upon Thames

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Ruby Staffie DOB 30.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Ruby was very relaxed this morning. We had a slow walk with Ruby stopping for plenty of sniffing around and lots of rolling around in the grass. At one point she was rolling around on her back and she stopped and just lay still, legs in the air, sun on her belly and she was looking up at me with the biggest grin. I imagined her lying on a sunbed by the pool like that, sunning herself. 0002.gif]
Paddling in the stream Ruby is very slow and gentle and careful, savouring every moment. Later on she was met by 2 vizsla dogs who ran up to her to say hello. They all had a sniff of each other and all was calm and friendly. Well done Ruby.
DSCF9375.jpgruby.jpg
DSCF9380.jpgruby.jpg
DSCF9389.jpgruby.jpg
Last edited by anne on Mon 17 Jul 2017 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

An ominous darkening sky, but still time to walk little Ruby for the first time. I'd been stopping to talk to her and giving her treats through her kennel door all morning, and she seemed happy to see me each time. When I opened the door and went in to her kennel she seemed scared and it took a while of sitting on the floor and waiting for her to come to me, but we got there eventually.

Once outside and walking, Ruby found things to roll on and in, and seemed much happier
Rolling is the way forward... or sideways
Rolling is the way forward... or sideways
By the time we got back to the picnic benches, we were friends.
Bless her, she choose to use me as a safe shelter whilst she emptied the water bowl
Enjoying the water. Safe and sound
Enjoying the water. Safe and sound
Lots of stroking of her head, and feeding of treats - look how cute she is with that paw
For me? Yes please....
For me? Yes please....
This little girl is so very much in need of her home. She needs stability and familiarity. Kennel life is hard for her.
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Ruby. mylove.gif Kiss of love.gif bighug.gif

I'm sure there'll be plenty of walks and paddock time as well as some parallel walking for you today. Fingers crossed your forever family will find you SOON.
Leason

Post by Leason »

Dear Ruby, I hear it's your birthday today! I hope you have a great day, despite the rain, and can get out for a walk. I had so much fun with you in Fred's garden, with you racing around, bat ears flying in the wind, jumping in mid-air like a rabbit. You completely won me over, and I say that as a cat person!
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Offering more fostering of Ruby I got this splendid report from Lynne today:

“Ruby is doing very well she has had lots of different walkers and apart from a little lead play on leaving kennels I think she has done really well. She is getting 5 walks a week, today she got 2. I'm not worried about her.”
Onward and upward! thumbs.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Having already said hello in the kennel to around on previous days, I managed to get her out for a walk today. If I hadn't known Ruby's story, I would never have guessed she had been nervous. She greeted me with a waggy tail and she shoved her head into the harness, so keen was she to get going. She doesn't like the kennel block, but once outside, she relaxed, had a good roll around and passed other dogs well. She laid down, completely at ease when I stopped to talk to Barry with TT. What a joy this little girl is to walk, very easy on the lead and quite the well behaved Lady. Ruby managed to bribe me out of all my treats today, we had a little chat by the bench and she was Ken for me to make a fuss of her. We are definitely friends and I would love to see her get a quiet, loving home.

Rolling around as soon as we left the kennels
image.jpeg
What a beauty with those ears
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
RosC

Post by RosC »

I met the lovely Ruby today for the first time. She was a little nervous as I entered the kennel so I talked to her and sat around for a while before harnessing her. As soon as I went to put on the harness she was no longer scared of me and couldn't wait to be out and about!
She was very interested in everything around her - sniffing in all the hedges and long grass. She enjoyed a good roll around as soon as we hit the grass
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1533.JPG
We had a great walk and Ruby was very well behaved. We passed other dogs very well and she was a pleasure to walk with.
What a beautiful girl!
FullSizeRender.jpg
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Love her ears love4.gif

Forgot to put up a pic from last month when Ruby and Simon joined Sandy and me for a walk... both girls were very respectful, Ruby was an interested spectator watching Sandy rolling around in the grass :D
Ruby & Simon.jpg
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Met and walked Ruby today for the first time. She is apprehensive in and around the kennel but once out really enjoys her walks. Lots of grass rolling and enjoyed plenty of cuddles. Very responsive to her walker. Very sweet girl love4.gif
Fional

Post by Fional »

:newhere.gif:
I had the pleasure of taking Ruby out for a few hours both Thursday and Friday of this week.
She is a beautiful girl and I got to know her a little from the few weekends I've been walking the lovely dogs.
She was SO good in the car and we walked the North Downs and met many other dog walkers, on and off their leads and even loose cows! She was great and particularly liked rolling in the long grass.
I am a newbie and getting to learn the ropes. thumbs.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”