In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Dylan Staffie DOB 2012 - 14th October 22

Post by xxlynne »

Dylan54.JPG
Dylan.jpg
Dylan's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Dylan needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Dylan's owner died, he was given to drug dealers and handed back to the family terrified. He was kept in the empty flat until the flat had to be given back. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Dylan's life. Dylan is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Dylan was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick

Dylan has already come a long way from the time his owner died & in desperation was given to druggies who neglected him and abused him. He is learning to trust again but needs just the right family to nurture and understand his frailties. Dylan is 200 % Staffie in affection...but is actively searching for love & stability. A little boy lost who needs to find himself in a family enveloped in love. Mr Tambourine

Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Dylan53.JPG
Dylan43.JPG
Dylan66.jpg
Dylan's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue Original Referral: Please remember this is the information we received from the referrer. Once a dog is with us and we begin to work with them and unpack them they can and often do reveal positive skills trust and transform behaviours March 2016: Hi Lynne sorry but I have to ask you for help just been alerted to a little tiny Staffie boy! He is abandoned in a flat, owner has died and it's a complete mess!!!! Dylan is not microchipped nor is he neutered. So we need to move him urgently. The owner's daughter had given him to some drug dealers who have given him back and we have had an independent assessor go in to see him. They said he has clearly been beaten and battered around the head since the owner has died and is just absolutely terrified. The owner's daughter is too scared of him to go into the flat so they are leaving food and water down for him and newspaper to toilet on the poor little thing in there and has been in there on his own since owner Ill/died. Lynne I am absolutely begging you for help I really really want to get this little dog out today I am desperate to save his life they are putting to sleep at the end of the week. Cathy xxxx
Dylan.jpg
We stepped forwards for Dylan and transport is being arranged
xxlynne

Re: Dylan Staffie DOB TBAss Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Dylan is a heart breaker...he carries his sad past but his Staffie love is there when he relaxes.

Early days: Scott couldnt get the trust and stillness required to put a harness on, so played it calm and friendly and lead Dylan up by his collar. Dylan showed interest in the middle crate but no wasn't going to jump in so we presented him with another crate in the back of of the dog mobile and with a little magic he found himself in the crate and heading to our vets. He is all over the place when on a lead and he reminds me of Diesel who has just come into us, both over awed by the being involved in ordinary experiences again having come out of the darkness. Dylan did very well in the vets and we managed to slip a muzzle on and he had premed. When you have a nervous dog you have to really think through things thoroughly and we agreed to do neuter, chip and 1st vax...+ a very thorough health overview whilst he was under eg anal glands ears teeth etc. as he isnt going to deal to too intrusive examinations after. I drove away only to remember new collar with disc and harness, placed on him whilst under, as we are going to leave his harness on him for ease for walks. I drove back and found Dylan had been done, all was well. I put his new collar and harness on whilst he was wobbling around recovering from the GenA. He had lots of nose to nose encounters with Babs through her vet door very friendly. Bless his heart. With a little help he went back into the back crate.

We drove to drop Mika off and collect Poppy & Beau then took them to the vets for 2nd vax...then dropped them off and drove on to Gatwick and dropped my front passenger Daisy to Gat. So Mr Man would you like to join me in the front? ..yes he would. Dylan was soon trusting and I was getting licks whenever I called him a good boy he couldn't get enough affection! A little active for the front seat and did get his restraining lead wrapped about his leg on one occasion but did settle to watch the moving scenery and we were close friends by the end.
Dylan (5).jpg
Dylan (4).jpg
Dylan (1).jpg
Dylan (7).jpg
Dylan (6).jpg
Dylan (8).jpg
Dylan (9).jpg
When we got out at the kennels I gave him his first freedom and he got totally lost in it freedom non responsive to my calls...lovely to see him freewheeling

So we took Dylan slowly and with caution but actually given time and no restrictive actions he is trusting and friendly. He had a swollen upper muzzle which isn't too noticeable but it must be the result of physical abuse. I purposefully stroked it as I did all over he is welcoming to kindness and affirming physical touch. Not closed down just his mind a little amazed and overawed and in that way he needs to go slowly, as he learns Rescue is a new life filled with loving kindness.
LizS

Post by LizS »

I was so sad to hear poor Dylan's story, I just wanted to take him out and give him lots of cuddles. He seemed quite happy to meet me, he came over briefly for a couple of cuddles but then he was off sniffing around and exploring. We passed a couple of other dogs on our walk but he wasn't bothered by them. After walking for a bit I tried to take a couple of pics, he wasn't ready to pose for pics just yet as there was still a lot of exploring to do but he came over and gave me a few staffie kisses Kiss of love.gif On the way back we came to a road and a car was coming so I stopped and told him to sit which he did straight away, such a good boy love4.gif
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
helenmc2003

Post by helenmc2003 »

Poor Dylan has had such a bad time. I walked him this afternoon and he was friendly and trusting. By the end of our walk we were good friends. He's a sweet boy. He didn't feel like posing for the camera but I did get a handsome profile shot which I will try to post.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I loved meeting Dylan on Friday at Chessington, he seems to be settling in and was very happy to say hello, he loves Lynne, leant into her as he posed for the camera, heart warming :smiley-love014.gif:
DSC02854.JPG
oh, and they do say the eyes have it ... they do in Dylans case, isn't he Gorgeous with a capital G !! love4.gif
DSC02844.JPG
DSC02842.JPG
DSC02850.JPG
DSC02849.JPG
DSC02843.JPG
DSC02846.JPG
DSC02852.JPG
DSC02851.JPG
DSC02853.JPG
DSC02856.JPG
Dylan our brown eyed boy Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
JSTA

Post by JSTA »

30/4/16

Dylan seemed raring to go out for a walk today. We walked through the streets to the country park - without being told Dylan showed impeccable manners and sat at the kerb waiting to cross the road.
He seemed a friendly chap.

JSTA.
helenmc2003

Post by helenmc2003 »

I walked Dylan again on Saturday. He seems a happier dog than when I last saw him - he must be settling in. I brought different treats with me this time as he wasn't so keen on the last ones I brought, but he wasn't too fussed about these either! So maybe he's just not very food motivated. Anyway, we had a nice walk together and I'm looking forward to taking him out again next week.
LizS

Post by LizS »

Dylan and I had a nice walk in the sun today, he has definitely settled a bit, he doesn't seem as concerned so is much happier and able to enjoy his walks. thumbs.gif He seems to have been trained by his previous owner as he knows quite a few commands and he likes sausages and cheese as a reward. He's a very sweet dog and would make a great sofa companion love4.gif
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG
tufty

Post by tufty »

Dylan has bags of energy and is eager to explore. If you give Dylan a toy you’ll have a best friend forever and he’s not daft, he knew exactly where we hid the toy in our bag. At first he was excitable, but once his energy was diverted towards the toy he proudly carried it around in his mouth and was as good as gold. He loves playing hide and seek with his ball and is keen for you to join in too.

fTg78j8.jpg

vre5n42.jpg

bB4t7yk.jpg
LizS

Post by LizS »

I think Dylan and I were firm friends after our walk today. He can sometimes be a bit wary which is understandable given what he's been through, but once he gets to know you he is a loving, friendly dog who loves cuddles. He's mostly good with other dogs too, usually just ignoring them, he can be a bit wary if there are a few off lead together as he's always on lead but with a bit of encouragement he's fine, he might give a little warning bark just in case any of them try's anything ha ha. He likes to chew sticks and can get a bit excited with them but has been well trained and if you say 'no' or start to walk away he will stop playing and follow you straight away. He's had a hard life so far and he really deserves his forever home. I think he would make a very loyal and loving companion. Kiss of love.gif
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”