Rowan Staffie DofB 09.05.08 - 08.05.21

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Rowan Staffie DofB 09.05.08 - 08.05.21

Post by xxlynne »

Rowan76.JPG
Sadly Rowan left today having had a great life with Joanne and Jay. Sleep tight little boy.
Flower52.jpg
Rowan's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Rowan needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Rowan was abandoned in a vets by people high on drugs. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Rowan's life. Rowan is neutered and fully vaccinated already chipped but wasn't registered. Rowan is in foster in Littlehampton

Chirpy, cuddly, antidepressant. Eager and ever-your-friend. Despite the fact he was dumped in a vets by drug addicts, Rowan shines forth and somehow we think they went out to help him rather than owned him as he is solid; healthy and all evidence is ‘had a good background’. What is there not to love about this 8-9 year old golden brindle gent. Gallant

Visit Rowan's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Rowan97.jpg
Rowan95.jpg
Rowan90.jpg
Rowan67.jpg
Rowan's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Feb 2016 "Rowan is lovely with adults, both male & female, have not tried him with children. With other dogs we were careful not to take chances as he is a big boy and we know little about him but the preliminaries are good. Rowan has been nose to nose with my colleagues's Labrador through the kennel and both were wagging tails and expressing positive behaviour. Wags his tail happily whenever another dog passes his kennel. He expressed anxiety in the car but not too severe. I cannot thank you enough. What you do is wonderful. Vet Nurse
gsdlover

Rowan Staffie DOB 09/05/2008 Littlehampton Foster

Post by gsdlover »

I transported the lovely Rowan today. He is an absolute darling Kiss of love.gif First impressions are that he is a calm, kind boy and think he'll be a favourite with the walkers. He is an older boy, maybe around 8ish? So really shouldn't be finding himself in a kennel environment at his age smiley-sad010.gif

No negative reaction to another dog that came into the vets when I was picking him up and no reaction to the dogs in the kennel block but am sure that we'll get a better idea as the days go on.

He was a little unsettled in the car, but he has clearly had a very stressful few days (neutered yesterday) and he doesn't know whether he is coming or going but that didn't stop his sweet nature showing itself. He is in the best place now, and know the lovely Godstone kennel staff with take good care of him and cheer him up a bit.

I'm afraid I didn't get the chance to take any photos but am looking forward to seeing the photos that Tim/Sarah take.
Elliesmum

Rowan Staffie DOB 09/05/2008 Littlehampton Foster

Post by Elliesmum »

What a lovely boy. Rowan was a bit stressed in the kennel and was shaking blu1.gif we went on a lovely walk, he pulls a bit if given the chance but as soon as you say heel and shorten the lead, he walks beautifully by your side. He was still very shaky on the walk but when I let him off in the paddock, he became very playful and relaxed. He passed all other dogs very well. I think he will relax in a home and make a stunning, gorgeous addition to a family.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Re: Rowan Staffie DOB 09/05/2008 Godstone Kenns

Post by anne »

Rowan is a proper chunky little staffie boy. love4.gif He is so easy to walk, ambling along happily with a loose lead, checking frequently to see that you are still there. In the paddock he loved to chase a ball but not really bothered about bringing it back. He would much rather enjoy some fuss and cuddles and will complain when you stop! Scrumptious boy
DSCF5047.jpgrowan.jpg
This is how he managed to get completely covered in mud. Sorry kennel staff! (he was having fun winkwink.gif )
DSCF5050.jpgrowan.jpg
DSCF5052.jpgrowan.jpg
DSCF5055.jpgrowan.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I met and walked our gorgeous Rowan today. He was 'chatting' to me through the kennel bars as if he was asking me to take him out! I received a lovely welcome from him and he was very excited when he saw the lead. He carried it very gently and put it in his bed. Harnessing was quick and easy, no problems going through the kennel block.

We enjoyed a lovely walk out in the sunshine. Passing cars were no problem. Rowan didn't seem to be very impressed with all the puddles and tended to walk round them if he could. A very easy boy to walk, no pulling at all. Rowan is a happy boy with a lovely waggy tail, especially when you talk to him. He enjoyed an amble round the paddock but didn't venture very far.

Our walk was over all to quickly. Lovely parting cuddles. Left Rowan happily eating some sausages. Super boy, totally adorable. Kiss of love.gif xx
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I met Rowan last Sunday whilst he was with Keith and Debbie on their lunch break at the kennels. What a gorgeous boy he is, utterly scrummy. He has such a lovely character, he adores Debbie and was constantly trying to get more cuddles out of her by sitting on her lap. It was wonderful to see just how loving and entertaining this boy is. I do have a soft spot for older staffie gentlemen but Rowan is in a class of his own, adorable.
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

What a gorgeous cute and cuddly teddy bear of a boy :smiley-love014.gif:
DSC02076 - Copy.JPG
Rowan is a sweety-pie, loved his time in the paddock and demonstrated again his love of sausages !!!
DSC02058.JPG
DSC02069.JPG
DSC02060.JPG
DSC02062.JPG
I believe this is known as the sausage waltz !!! Lynne, shall we dance :D ...
DSC02056.JPG
Rowan is a chatterer and here he's asking "Have you got any more of those sausages please !!"
DSC02059.JPG
He's not daft, he knew I had !!! More posing for the camera and Rowan was rewarded with sausages !!
DSC02077.JPG
DSC02057.JPG
DSC02064.JPG
DSC02076.JPG
'Official' photos over with Rowan enjoyed a mooch around the paddock, making the most of the sunshine on his glorious coat ...
DSC02081.JPG
DSC02082.JPG
DSC02083.JPG
Sweet Rowan, life gets better dear little one, you so deserve your very own loving family :crossfingers.gif: xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Rowan is a teddy bear!
Here he is doing his favourite things....
running
DSCF5169.jpgrowan.jpg
chatting
DSCF5171.jpgrowan.jpg
rolling
DSCF5173.jpgrowan.jpg
cuddling
DSCF5175.jpgrowan.jpg
Helenisca

Post by Helenisca »

I have this video from last Sunday when I was with the lovely Rowan ! he is a very nice boy, who loves his walks, he is very easy to walk and as soon as he went into the paddock he started rolling over the grass ! he really enjoyed it, I was glad to see him so relaxed and happy! :smiley-gen132.gif:
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What is it about brindle boys who are a little needy and have a big handsome head? Rowan is a dreamboat, he is desperate for cuddles and attention at the moment but I am sure he will relax down in a home when he knows he is safe. Just love him.

Trying to pinch more treats!
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”