Brandy Staffie DOB 2005 New Romney Foster

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Brandy Staffie DOB 2005 New Romney Foster

Postby xxlynne » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Current Status:Available

Brandy45.jpg

Brandy needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Known background: Brandy was found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Brandy life. Brandy is already spayed and chipped. We have commenced vaccinations and had a mammary tumour removed. Brandy is enjoying foster in New Romney Foster

Visit Brandy's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Brandy70.jpg
Brandy5.JPG
Brandy1.jpg

Brandy's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Adam at Broxbourne Kennels has asked us to find Brandy's home for her
xxlynne

Re: Brandy Lickle Staffie DOB 2005 Oxted weekend

Postby Sarahk » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Brandy, a very special name for a very special little girl :smiley-love004.gif:
DSC01143.JPG

I took Brandy's photos last Sunday up at Broxbourne, such a sweet little lady and when I heard she was being spayed today there was no question, she was coming here for a couple of nights recovery, bless her, such a mild mannered gentle girl and 11 yrs too, she shouldn't find herself in rescue at this time in her life :(

Wee Brandy needs building up and she loved her dinner here this evening, she's loved a chew, and loved to play with the balls and she's enjoyed the comfort of the sofa and now the comfort of her comfy bed, sweet sleepy breathing coming from her at my feet, love her :biggrin.gif:

Now Brandy's her name and given I picked her up post op from the vets she had a little wobble like she'd been on the brandy as we had a little wander down the street before getting into the car ;) Brandy has relished the warmth and quiet this evening, catching up on some zzz's for sure but always ready to have a little tickle behind her ears or on her tum, she's relaxing more and more now and its heartwarming to see, a really friendly little lady.

Here's the pictures I took up at Broxbourne, it was cold and sunny and she chose to cuddle up to Adam bless her, she has such trust in people and yet it doesn't look as though she's had the best of lives recently, she deserves so much more and I can't wish for her own sofa to come soon enough :crossfingers.gif:
DSC01139.JPG
DSC01141 model 1.JPG
DSC01145.JPG
just there, thats the spot !
DSC01152.JPG
and there !
DSC01154.JPG
DSC01155.JPG
DSC01147.JPG

Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:49 pm

What a super little girl Brandy is :biggrin.gif:

She really is relishing the warmth and love, she so deserves every moment of tlc and I just wish I wasn't away for work from tomorrow afternoon, it means she has to come back to kennels Sunday morning :(

Brandy has sore front feet, she's suffering from a skin infection and has meds for it which we begin tomorrow. She doesn't let it hinder her enthusiasm and happiness, but I feel for her, one in particular does look uncomfortable. We did enjoy a short walk this morning though as it was such glorious weather, a star at helping me put her harness on and walks like a dream, by your side, this girl is the exact opposite of pully !!! I took her out on the extender but she didn't want to be far from me so my longer lead would have been just fine, we enjoyed a slow wander and Brandy seemed to enjoy herself but it's definitely only short walks for now until her paw improves. Easy on the lead doesn't even get close to describing what an easy walk Brandy is :biggrin.gif:

Enjoying her dinner on arrival last night...
image.jpg

And resting in her soft bed whilst I finished off some work at my computer...
image.jpg
Sleeping off the anaesthetic

Enjoyed relaxing on the sofa when my work was done :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Brandys back legs lack some muscle compared to the rest of her ! As a consequence I give her a bum up onto the sofa ! She's fine getting off but can't quite managed the jump up just yet, I'm sure we'll build up her strength soon and fill out her tum too :biggrin.gif: The stairs she can manage up but I am nervous of her going down as I have wooden stairs that are slippy so at the moment I carry her down, I think she enjoys it ;)

Like I mentioned Brandy is a happy happy girl throughout and she does love a ball to play with or a tennis ball to chew on ;)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And resting in her bed :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg

Brandy had a good night, she was on the bed with me :smiley-gen132.gif:
At 5 she woke me up to tell me she wanted to go outside, clever girl :biggrin.gif: pee and poop later back inside and back to bed !
Well I was ready to go back to sleep but Brandy thought it was play time and enjoyed chasing the kong tennis ball with a squeak around the room ! She played for about 20 mins then agreed it was back to sleep time !

Outside again on waking (quite late, gone 9!!!) and business done and breakfast enjoyed. Brandys had a couple of accidents over the course of today but these have been at the back door so I'm just not up to speed with reading her telling me she needs to go outside just yet, and many more occasions I have got the timing right and she's pee'd outside so the fundamentals of her housetraining are definitely there, we both just need a bit more practice !

Gorgeous sweet little thing with the softest face, love her and wishing for a foster or even better a home for this spritely loving lady :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Postby ChrisE » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:51 pm

Isn't she just gorgeous Sarah. I can understand you falling for her charm. Sending her plenty of bighug.gif bighug.gif bighug.gif
ChrisE

Postby Sarahk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:20 am

Brandy and I have had a lovely day, well mostly, the bit I didn't like was doing my tax return but Brandy didn't mind, she snoozed away in her comfy bed next to me in the study :biggrin.gif:

Brandy is such a sweetheart and so pretty...
image.jpg

This was Brandy this morning when I woke up (late!!!)...
image.jpg
Comfy I'd say !

Delighted to say we've had no more accidents this afternoon, better communication between us and the little lady has piddled outside every time :biggrin.gif:

Enjoying exploring the frosty garden ...
image.jpg

And quick to go back inside once she's find her business !!!
image.jpg

And whilst Brandy still needs a bum up to get on the sofa or my bed, she's mastered the stairs and can take herself safely down the slippery wooden steps, not a problem for her :D

Enjoying what's left of one of the tennis balls, Brandy does enjoy ripping bits off them !!!
image.jpg

Day dreaming on the sofa :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Brandy does love a tickle under her chin :D
image.jpg

Enjoying her walk in the winter sunshine...
image.jpg
her poorly front paws don't stop her enjoying the fresh air and exploring new places but we did keep the walk to a short one, dream girl to walk :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg

This is Brandy relaxing whilst I did my tax return on line !!!
image.jpg

And relaxing some more on my sofa
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

:D
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:23 am

I've just suggested a short walk in the snow, Brandys not sure...
image.jpg
Sarahk

Postby Chapmania » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Brandy looks totally adorable. Loving all the photos. Thank you so much Sarah for having Brandy at home, enabling her to recover in comfort. xx
Chapmania

Re: Brandy Lickle Staffie DOB 2005 Godstone Kennels

Postby MandaTK » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:29 pm

What a gorgeous little sweetheart. A real stunner. Hugs galore Brandy xxxx Kiss of love.gif
MandaTK

Re: Brandy Lickle Staffie DOB 2005 New Romney Temp Foster

Postby Sarahk » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Well it snowed last weekend whilst Brandy was with me, here are some pics of the gorgeous little girl in the white stuff :smiley-love014.gif:
image.jpg
Is it ok to walk on it ?
image.jpg
Brrr, it's cold on my tootsies !
image.jpg
Glad the ball is green, means I can see it !
image.jpg
I'm liking this :0)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And this was before she went outside last Sunday morning thumbs.gif
image.jpg

And once back inside again ...
image.jpg

I loved having Brandy to stay and so pleased she is now with John in New Romney :thanks.gif:
Sarahk

Re: Brandy Lickle Staffie DOB 2005 New Romney Temp Foster

Postby johnfowle » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Brandy is a delightful little girl. She has sore paws at the moment and needs medication and careful administration of some green clay and the regular washing with Maleseb. However, she enjoys her short walks and has a constantly wagging tail. She has definite likes and dislikes when it comes to feeding her, but once her favourite meals have been found she eats her meals with enthusiasm.

She seems to meet the other residents here with a certain amount of caution, but she does enjoy their company.

She is very affectionate and will make an excellent addition to any home.....with or without children
johnfowle

Re: Brandy Staffie DOB 2005 New Romney Foster

Postby johnfowle » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Brandy is such a happy girl who seems to be unconcerned about a couple of conditions which must make her feel uncomfortable.

First she has sore and infected pads. It appears to be a fungal growth for which she is undergoing a course of antibiotics, being washed in a Malaseb, and having green clay applied to reduce the irritation. When she arrived she was wearing a buster collar which she didn't like, but the Malaseb and green clay have certainly improved that and we have taken the collar off....she is very pleased.

Secondly she has trouble with her "back end"....it is swollen and not working at all well. Laura, the vet, has given her a steroid injection to reduce the the inflammation, but is concerned that she does have a small "nodule" in her large intestine which may be preventing digested food getting through. We go back in a fortnight if things have not improved.

But, I repeat, Brandy is a true delight....I am pleased that she is now enjoying her food (she was very fussy when she first arrived or she was unable to eat anything) because, although solid food is not passing along the digestive tract at the moment, she is passing something.

Perhaps you don't want to know that detail....sorry, if so....but please think of Brandy as she has to contend with these conditions.

And she wags her tail all the time...that's when she's not sleeping which she does most of the time!!!! I think she must be hard of hearing or sleeps very soundly as she rarely hears you when you go into her room. Unless, of course, she's out in the garden chasing her ball.

She is a real cuddle monster and would love to share somebody's sofa....have you got space on your's????
johnfowle

Next

Return to 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES