Podge Staffie DOB 01.11.09 - 12.10.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
johnfowle

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 1.11.2009 New Romney Foster

Post by johnfowle »

Podge hasn't had a "proper" fit for nearly six weeks now....she is on "Pexion" for her seizures and it is certainly controlling them well. Recently she has been developing "mini" fits when she doesn't know where she is or what time of day it is, and will mouth you quite hard whch she has never done before. Most of the day now she spends asleep and will only go into the garden if I accompany her. I took her to the vet earlier this week and she said that the Pexion was preventing Podge from going into a full fit so, I suppose, it is doing its job.....but still very distressing for both Podge and us, seeing her in such an uncontrolled state. She obviously knows when it's going to happen as she rushes over to either Sylvie or me before the event knowing she will receive both reassurance and support until she comes out of it.

Otherwise, the vet said she was in good shape and her poor lung function, which she has had all the time she has been in "rescue" was no worse.

Podge has done so well over the last two and a bit years and, although I thought we might be losing her last week, I'm hopeful she'll be with us a while longer yet.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Always a joy to catch up with darling Podge, I was so happy to get cuddle time with one of my favourite girls this week. Despite all of her health issues Podge is still the happy, affectionate girl she has always been. She has done astoundingly well health wise at John's and mixes with his 'mob' brilliantly but I would love to see her in her forever home where she could get as many cuddles as she wanted.
I just love this beautiful, cheeky girl!
I just love this beautiful, cheeky girl!
With foster brother Kingsley
With foster brother Kingsley
Enjoying fuss from my dad
Enjoying fuss from my dad
With foster sister Zena
With foster sister Zena
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Hello lovely Podge. Princess Podge is queen of August. As it should be. Greetings from RR Albert and little Skye. love4.gif
johnfowle

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 01.11.09 New Romney

Post by johnfowle »

Podge has been poorly over the last few weeks and especially so over the last three or four days so we travelled up to Westerham to see Zoe at Mark Nelson's Vets. She confirmed that Podge was, indeed very unwell and decided to take X-rays of her lungs which, of course, have always been the cause of previous visits to the vets. Zoe invited us to see the X-rays which indicated that Podge's lungs were working on only about 10% capacity with the remaining 90% showing some form of infection or calcification or fluid. She prescribed two wide spectrum antibiotics and a diuretic. Even today, there has been some improvement and so we are hopeful that she will continue to improve over the next week or so.

Lynne and I have spoken about Podge and we have decided that she will remain here and that she is, therefore, no longer available for rehoming. However, this lovely and affectionate lady is not here "on foster" any more....she has found her forever home and we have formally adopted her.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

John you and sylvie are wonderful people. ..Thank you for making sure Podge is home ... woo.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

So lovely. Thank you John and Sylvie.
I am sending healing thoughts to dear Podge and can you give her a gentle hug from me. x
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

John & Sylvie, very special people, Thankyou and lots of love to Podge xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Hayleycakes

Post by Hayleycakes »

Yeah this is just the best news ever!! Well done John xx
Hoonercat

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 1.11.2009 New Romney

Post by Hoonercat »

johnfowle wrote: Sat 06 Feb 2016 10:19The vet was very pessimistic about her overall condition, but she will be warm, well fed and cared for whilst she is here.
That was February 2016, yet here we are in November 2018 and Podge is still enjoying life thanks to John and Sylvie. Amazing people love4.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Podge has poor health but still has a good quality of life and enjoys other dogs company. She has been a key member of John & Sylvie's pack and as with so many of our fostered dogs.. moved her suitcase in and unpacked it long ago with no intention of using it again!

Thank you John and Sylvie; a very warm feeling knowing Podge is settled, successful and enjoying each day as best her health allows, with the very best of treatment

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”