Podge Staffie DOB 1.11.2009 New Romney Foster

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Podge Staffie DOB 1.11.2009 New Romney Foster

Postby xxlynne » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:52 am

Current Status: Available

Podge34.jpg

Podge needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Podge in the garden focused on going back inside with John he hee

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Known background: Podge was handed into a pound with her companions as her owner is suffering from a terminal illness. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Podge and her companions lives. Podge was thoroughly checked over by our vets on entry. Podge is microchipped. Podge has poor lung function and has an epileptic fit about every 3/4 weeks but need no medication. Podge has gained much needed weight and her fur has improved with a good quality diet. Podge continues to have poor lung function with occassional infections but she is alive and will be a gem to any family who stand forwards to give her her home. Podge is in foster in New Romney Kent

Visit Podge's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Podge32.jpg
Podge33.jpg
Podge14.jpg

Podge's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Hi , I recently spoke to you about the 3 dogs currently being neglected due to the owner having terminal cancer.
Podge2.jpg
I spoke to the dog warden and sent her over the attached pictures and brief description of them.

Hopefully she will be picking the dogs up Monday and I will have confirmation of this as soon as she receives my email.

All three dogs are in need of being seen by a vet, especially the mum and the older boy but temperament wise they are all lovely, sweet natured dogs.

I hope this is all ok? Kind Regards Dx

Edited:

• Podge is a female Brindle and white Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
• She is microchipped, now neutered status and she is now vaccinated.
• She has fits every 3-4 weeks soon recovers. On special meds for her lungs.
• She reported good children of all ages.
• She is not food aggressive.
• She is also underweight.
Emotionally needy so needs someone to LOVE
• She has a very docile and sweet temperament
Podge3.jpg
Podge.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 1.11.2009 East London pound comes soon

Postby MandaTK » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:08 am

Podge you little darling. You need cuddles and care poor love. You are coming to the exact right place though little one xxx bighug.gif
MandaTK

Postby nhelyer » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Oh be still my beating heart ... staffie, elderly, brindle ... all my idea of heaven!! You are safe now, sweet Podge, and I cannot WAIT to meet you!! Kiss of love.gif
nhelyer

Postby Chapmania » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Bless her little heart. You are coming to the best place possible sweetheart. I do hope that I get the chance to meet Podge bighug.gif xx
Chapmania

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 2003 1.11.2009 Godstone Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Podge travelled as my front passenger today around the M25 to our vets. I was concerned to see her general health and particular her laboured breathing. On examination our vet noted her poor condition and admitted her for chest Xray. Our Senior vet fedback to me that her lungs had lost a lot of their elasticity and he wanted to know had I witnessed her coughing. I said no coughing but very incapacitated and she was breathing through her cheeks. They have put her on antibiotics and cortisone and want to reexamine her next week. Podge loved meeting up with her 2 companions in the dog mobile and shared about 30 minutes together in the paddock. I fed the food left out for Podge and Bubber and they snuggled up in their kennel very happy to be together.

xxlynne

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 1.11.2009 Godstone Kenns

Postby Elliesmum » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:34 pm

I fell in love with Podge today. She is a very subdued little girl but did come around with cuddles and treats. She walks beautifully and seemed well today and her breathing was fine. She is quite endearing as her tongue pokes out a bit love4.gif I used Podge to meet new walker, Nicki today for her induction and she couldn't have been an easier walk. I imagine this little girl would be a darling in any home, I wish it could be mine! She had cuddles with us after her walk and I am sure, once she settles in, that a lovely little character will emerge.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby CoraMc » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:32 pm

Bless her heart, safe and treasured now.
CoraMc

Postby Helenisca » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Podge is a lovely girl. She is very affectionate and today we had a cuddles & kisses session at the sunshine. It is very easy to walk and to harness. I was concentrate with her that I forgot to take pictures. I hope her new home is soon! She is amazing! :goodluck.gif:
Helena
Helenisca

Postby Froggie757 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:17 pm

I've fallen in love again and she likes cats, oh dear better not tell my husband!
The lovely Podge was my third and last walk of the day since by now I was soaked through. She gave me a super gentle welcome into her kennel and was immediately giving cuddles and kisses. Easy to harness and oh so gentle to walk. We wandered round the big field, nice and slowly as she was coughing a little from time to time, then went into the paddock for some off lead time. Podge had a little root in the bushes but really didn't want to leave my side so with the rain continuing to fall I decided to try for the third face wash of the day and retire to the walkers room for cuddles. She was up on the seat beside me as soon as I asked and then lay herself across my lap taking all the hugs I could give her. I got my third and gentlest face wash of the day from this sweet little girl who has so much love to give. It would be great to see her in a warm foster home but even better with a new family to call her own. bighug.gif
Froggie757

Postby Pegmilly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:30 pm

image.jpg
Beautiful inside and out. X
You'll never meet a sweeter, nicer natured dog than podge. She seemed slightly out of depth in the kennel environment - a sad air about her. We ambled along at a steady, slowish pace as her chest seemed to be playing her up a little. In the end I decided to just take her on the sofa in the rest room for cuddles and fuss. She loved this, sitting across my lap, rewarding me with the gentlest hand licks. She fell asleep for 10 minutes - only waking up when someone came in. I didn't want to put her back, I wanted to wrap her up and take her home......she totally stole my heart. Xx
Pegmilly

Postby Elliesmum » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Corinna, we seem to also like the same doggies! ( except those who hang on to leads, no names mentioned lol) Isn't she adorable? A pull on the heart strings type. Let's hope she's homed soon xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby Pegmilly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Definitely - she absolutely stole my heart today, bless her. Xx
Pegmilly

Next

Return to 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES