Podge Staffie DOB 01.11.09 - 12.10.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Podge Staffie DOB 01.11.09 - 12.10.19

Post by xxlynne »

Podge34.jpg
Little Podge crossed over the Bridge this morning. She drifted off very peacefully held by Sylvie and me. xx John
Podge.jpg

Podge's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Podge is Staffierescue's Staffie of the Month for August 18
Podge needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle.

NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk. Podge in the garden focused on going back inside with John

Known background: Podge was handed into a pound with her 2 companions as her owner is suffering from a terminal illness. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Podge and her companions lives. Podge was thoroughly checked over by our vets on entry. Podge is microchipped. Podge has very poor lung function and has an epileptic fit about every 3/4 weeks but needed no medication at that time. Podge has gained much needed weight and her fur has improved with a good quality diet. Podge continues to have poor lung function with occasional infections but she is alive and will be a gem to any family who stand forwards to give her her home. Podge was in foster in New Romney Kent

Visit Podge's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Podge32.jpg
Podge33.jpg
Podge14.jpg
Podge's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Hi, I recently spoke to you about the 3 dogs currently being neglected due to the owner having terminal cancer.
Podge2.jpg
I spoke to the dog warden and sent her over the attached pictures and brief description of them.

Hopefully she will be picking the dogs up Monday and I will have confirmation of this as soon as she receives my email.

All three dogs are in need of being seen by a vet, especially the mum and the older boy but temperament wise they are all lovely, sweet natured dogs.

I hope this is all ok? Kind Regards Dx

Edited:

• Podge is a female Brindle and white Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
• She is microchipped, now neutered status and she is now vaccinated.
• She has fits every 3-4 weeks soon recovers. On special meds for her lungs.
• She reported good children of all ages.
• She is not food aggressive.
• She is also underweight.
Emotionally needy so needs someone to LOVE
• She has a very docile and sweet temperament
[/color]
Podge3.jpg
Podge.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 2003 1.11.2009 Godstone Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Podge travelled as my front passenger today around the M25 to our vets. I was concerned to see her general health and particular her laboured breathing. On examination our vet noted her poor condition and admitted her for chest Xray. Our Senior vet fedback to me that her lungs had lost a lot of their elasticity and he wanted to know had I witnessed her coughing. I said no coughing but very incapacitated and she was breathing through her cheeks. They have put her on antibiotics and cortisone and want to reexamine her next week. Podge loved meeting up with her 2 companions in the dog mobile and shared about 30 minutes together in the paddock. I fed the food left out for Podge and Bubber and they snuggled up in their kennel very happy to be together.

Elliesmum

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 1.11.2009 Godstone Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I fell in love with Podge today. She is a very subdued little girl but did come around with cuddles and treats. She walks beautifully and seemed well today and her breathing was fine. She is quite endearing as her tongue pokes out a bit love4.gif I used Podge to meet new walker, Nicki today for her induction and she couldn't have been an easier walk. I imagine this little girl would be a darling in any home, I wish it could be mine! She had cuddles with us after her walk and I am sure, once she settles in, that a lovely little character will emerge.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Beautiful inside and out. X
Beautiful inside and out. X
You'll never meet a sweeter, nicer natured dog than podge. She seemed slightly out of depth in the kennel environment - a sad air about her. We ambled along at a steady, slowish pace as her chest seemed to be playing her up a little. In the end I decided to just take her on the sofa in the rest room for cuddles and fuss. She loved this, sitting across my lap, rewarding me with the gentlest hand licks. She fell asleep for 10 minutes - only waking up when someone came in. I didn't want to put her back, I wanted to wrap her up and take her home......she totally stole my heart. Xx
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

image.jpg
Podge is with me for the night with her best buddy Bubber (rescue remedies). She is a beautiful little girl, very well behaved and very affectionate. Like Bubber, she loves her food and has polished off quite a bit of plain chicken. She needs to put on some weight so over indulging her a little is fine. Her breathing has been quite bad - so very sad to witness. If you cuddle her and gently massage her she falls asleep and her breathing becomes much better. She's a truly amazing little lady with a nature to match.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

image.jpg
She is just the lovliest little girl. She ate a big dinner, had a short walk, now snoozing next to Bubber. Xx
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Podge is wonderful little girl - despite being obviously uncomfortable, she remains good natured and is the sweetest dog. She had a bad night with us, coughing most of the night away, broke our hearts to watch her. We did our best to comfort her, cuddling her, sitting on the floor with her (this was her place of choice - sitting up on the floor), and just reassuring her. She did manage a couple of hours sleep - and woke up her usual happy self. She is definitely the boss when it comes to Bubber, no malice, just tells him off when he walked on her. He listened straight away so I think she's always put him in his place! Podge is 100% house trained - no accidents at all. Very good around food, shared her bowl with Bubber - they swapped several times. I'm hoping podges condition is manageable and that her cough clears quickly - she so deserves a good quality life filled with love. Podge is the most deserving little lady of a forever home - anyone who meets her will fall in love and just want to make everything ok for her.xxx
xxlynne

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 1.11.2009 New Romney Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Podge isnt a well dog and we have all been concerned for her being in kennels so today John offered to take her into his home and care for her. Our vet checked her again today and ensured John had enough medication. Tonight Podge is in the warm in comfort and has all the caring from John & Sylvie mylove.gif
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Podge arrived yesterday afternoon, but without Bubber as we were taking Missy as well and really couldn't find space for him. (I believe he may well be adopted/fostered today anyhow.) We had to open up a bedroom with direct access to the garden we've not used for dogs before and Podge promptly provided us with three "parcels"....naughty girl!!! She went for a brief walk round the garden and then went back into her room of her own accord.

She ate her meal with gusto and then I left her to settle till later in the evening. Each time I went in to check on her she jumped off the bed and started coughing, so I chose not to see her too frequently.

About midnight I went in to sleep with her, but she was very restless and decided that the cold floor in the bathroom was the place to be. She continued to wander around till just before 4 o'clock when she snuggled up close to me on the floor and slept soundly for a couple of hours.

This morning she has had a good breakfast, taken her medication, been into the garden a few times and settled, without coughing, for any length of time. I repeat, I do not go in to her room frequently as, when I do, she starts to cough....she must have a very sore throat for which I am giving her a child's cough medicine.

The vet was very pessimistic about her overall condition, but she will be warm, well fed and cared for whilst she is here.

She is very sweet and shows her appreciation of all that has been done for her, and for being rescued in the first place, by giving superior facewashes!!!
Last edited by johnfowle on Sat 06 Feb 2016 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Podge is doing really well....her cough mixture is working marvels....yes, she still coughs periodically, but her throat sound much less "rough" and sore and the coughs themselves are less powerful. And she absolutely loves the cough mixture and opens her mouth for me to squirt it in!!!!

She appears to be such a happy girl....she welcomes you with a waggy tail and it continues to whirl around while she saunters around the garden. She will stay out for five minutes or so and then decide to go back into her room where she settles down on our "best" duvet on our "best" bed in our "best" room....what a lucky little lady!!!!

Podge earns a gold star for eating, pooing and peeing....her carpet has to be cleaned and dried every day!!!! I haven't brought her into the main sitting room yet as I don't want the other residents to catch her cough, but I know she is keen to be introduced to the Mob as she looks at them and wags her tail when they go out into the garden through the conservatory.

Her breathing is certainly no worse and, if anything, is less laboured....the sea air, possibly, is playing its part with that extra bit of ozone found near the coast.

She really is a super dog and really appreciates what is being done for her.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”