Harrison Staffie DOB 11.14 Compton Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
Hoover

Re: Harrison Staffie DOB 2014 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Hoover »

When Harrison stayed with me, he liked going for regular walks, he has lots of energy and likes to have a good run about to burn it off. When he got back to the house after a walk he was quick to relax and find simple things like playing with a squeaky ball to entertain himself. He was quite happy being the only dog in the house for 5 days.
IMG_0959.jpg
When I let Harrison out into the garden last thing at night he knew exactly what he needed to do. He doesn't need to find an excuse to cock his leg he just completely empties his bladder in a single shot!
IMG_0909.jpg
Harrison likes rolling onto his back on grass, but he tends to roll over in slow motion so there is plenty of time to pull him out of it if he's targeted something disgusting to roll in!
Hoover

Post by Hoover »

When Harrison was staying with me in Suffolk I found him easy to walk, he's confident and likes to walk upfront, he pulls slightly on a short lead but nothing too excessive. I think on an extender lead he'd be great as he likes to move forward and then double back to check everything is ok .

Harrison has all the nice Staffie qualities but he's also got less of an edge and seems very comfortable in his own skin. When he meets new people or dogs he does it in a confident way.
IMG_0964.jpg

My confidence quickly grew walking Harrison on the lead, when a new person or dog approached, I knew Harrison would be ok with the situation. The only slight issue arose when we met a spaniel that was less confident than him and found Harrison's hello a bit to much to take but a short woof was enough to check Harrison's enthusiasm.
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

I don't want to make him blush, but Harrison is a good looking boy... And he has such pretty eyes!
Give us your eyeliner tips, Harrison!
Give us your eyeliner tips, Harrison!
Harrison and Keats kindly allowed my partner James and I to join them for a stroll.

And what a nice time we all had!
The Happy Harrison Dance
The Happy Harrison Dance
Harrison really enjoyed Keats company...
Checking out the poolside
Checking out the poolside
Strolling along with Keats
Strolling along with Keats
... and wanted to sniff wherever Keats sniffed!
Sniffer dogs
Sniffer dogs
He is so keen to make doggy friends but is a little inept in certain situations! On the move we had absolutely zero problems, but when we stopped for a cuddle Harrison felt a little out of his depth... This resulted in him throwing a handbag at poor Keats when he thought Keats might be muscling in on his cuddle time with James.
Cuddles
Cuddles
Fortunately Keats is a good natured boy, and Harrison has such a short memory that he immediately wanted Keats to come and play.
"Come and play with me, Keats! Sorry about all that racket..."
"Come and play with me, Keats! Sorry about all that racket..."
Best buds again
Best buds again
Harrison is a pretty easy (if exuberant) boy on the lead. He's engaged with and responsive to his walker, and loves to explore all available sniffing territory!
Having a little explore
Having a little explore
I absolutely loved his stripy brindle markings and his pretty face...
Beautiful boy
Beautiful boy
Another beautiful boy just waiting for someone to come and give him the chance of a lifetime.
Handsome Harrison
Handsome Harrison
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

The lovely Harrison and Keats bumbling along together:

Hoover

Post by Hoover »

That's interesting, when Harrison was the only dog staying with me for a couple of days, he was pretty relaxed about getting attention / meeting other dogs.
IMG_0943.jpg
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

Oh, >99% of the time he was very sociable with Keats indeed... I guess James was just an exciting new person for him that he wanted all to himself at that one moment! In over an hour he had about 10 seconds' worth of handbag throwing, so based on that one walk I would guess that his dog skills are actually really promising :)
k8fisher

Post by k8fisher »

Harrison, half staffy, half bouncy ball. One of his favorite things beyond making sure you know how important you are to him, running round trees, and hugs, is chewing a tennis balls whilst rolling upside down. Such a cute lad, staffy through and through. Doesnt pull, hands over his beloved ball and loves to watch deer in the park. Absolute pleasure to walk :)
FB_IMG_1462134852499.jpg
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

Only sitting for a treat haha
Only sitting for a treat haha
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

2016_052217_4829_538.jpg
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

I was lucky to get a couple of pictures of Harrison today he was full of beans. He was desperate to burn off some of that energy from being in kennels. He couldn't wait to get out in the sun. By the time we got back to kennels he had certainly calmed quite a bit. He is a happy gorgeous boy. He has a chunky body like a labrador. Where is this boys forever loving home :smiley-love014.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”