Phoebe Staffie DOB 2011 Lydney Gloucs

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Phoebe Staffie DOB 2011 Lydney Gloucs

Postby xxlynne » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Current Status: Homed

Phoebe85.JPG

Phoebe needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Phoebe was found chipped, stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound. Owner passed her on a year ago, didn't know to who said she would come and collect her to save her being put to sleep then never came! We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Phoebe life. Phoebe now spayed, chipped and fully vaccinated. Phoebe recovered in New Romney then in boarding kennels ready for her new family.

Visit Phoebe's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Phoebe84.JPG
Phoebe82.JPG
Phoebe91.JPG

Phoebe's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Morning Michelle,
I believed you must have cursed me yesterday by asking me if we had any dogs in….
Female Staffie DOB 2011 Dark brindle and white, seems a lovely dog.
Named Phoebe Looks like she has had puppies very recently and possibly in season now too.

Phoebe1.jpg
Phoebe3.jpg
Phoebe4.jpg
Phoebe5.jpg

Alarm bells as owner failed to turn up to collect just as she had run out of time...we stepped forwards for her as a Christmas presence for her
xxlynne

Re: Phoebe Staffie DOB 2011 Vets tonight ready for spay

Postby xxlynne » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:56 pm

This little girl really is the Christmas story, due to be put to sleep Christmas eve, we took her in and even then no kennels could offer us a place for her even overnight...so no room in the Inn! Our vet agreed to keep her in overnight and then spay her tomorrow by then we have a temporary kennel!
Phoebe is small and has a Jack Russell x Staffie feel to her head rather than an English Bull as I had supposed. Very loving girl and yes definitely terrier feel! She has had puppies recently and at least 2 litters. We get the 'mums' once they have served their purpose!

Phoebe3.jpg
Phoebe22.jpg
Phoebe21.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Phoebe Staffie DOB 2011 Vets tonight ready for spay

Postby bizlate » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Welcome beautiful Phoebe! Merry Christmas and welcome to your new safe life :smiley-gen132.gif:
bizlate

Re: Phoebe Staffie DOB 2011 New Romney Foster

Postby xxlynne » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Dear Phoebe our hunch was to spay her in season and in fact our vet found despite her bleeding, when they removed her womb, she was in the early stages of her next pregnancy so a miscarriage which could have been serious for her, so we were so right to follow our hunch. I couldn't put her into a kennel so drove all the way to John and Sylvie's for Christmas TLC. She was very subdued and cuddled up to me as my passenger on the journey, she had a low temperature and pale gums. I tried to keep her warm. Her temperature had risen when we arrived 90 mins later. Into a lovely warm home with tuna and chicken supper waiting for her. Perfect!

Fate: Usually I would have taken her in for spay that morning but partly because we are so tight on kennels and had none available and our vet wanted to ensure i was there on time (risks of Christmas Eve traffic) as they were closing at 2pm we decided to leave her in the vets overnight. I would have been arriving at the vet 10.30 exactly the same time as the fatal accident which was at the top of our vets road. The road I always turn into, by the coffee shop in Westerham. So this whole saga was a little eerie.
xxlynne

Postby johnfowle » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Phoebe is just perfect....lovely wagging tail, brilliant with the Mob she has met so far, walks on a loose lead, is totally house trained, "performs" when given the opportunity, very happy to stay by herself, but far prefers to be with the "mob" in the sitting room, slept like a log last night after she had licked me from had to toe (I fell out of bed half way through the night trying the turn over and not disturb her....I was successful!!!!) and really enjoys her meals.

What more could you want I repeat....she appears to be just perfect.
johnfowle

Postby Rebecca » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Oh my Gosh, what a beautiful Girl, Thank you again Lynne and the wonderful Mr John Fowle,

I have no idea how anyone could not miss Pheobe she sounds just perfect and what a great vet who allowed her to stay the night. Sounds like a very hectic evening but I'm sure someone above is looking out for you all and for the furbabies considering the circumstances. I'm so glad she is safe now with John & Sylvie, they have such a wonderful,relaxed loving home environment. I Don't know how many more furbabies John will be able to fit in his bed now. Please take care of yourself too John, you won't be able to look after the babies as much if you damage yourself. bighug.gif I'm sure the mob will help settle Pheobe right in and that the right person will come along and give her the perfect home she deserves. bighug.gif

This is me dancing for Joy for Pheobe getting saved. xmaskick.gif
Rebecca

Re: Phoebe Staffie DOB 2011 Gatwick kennels

Postby Sarahk » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:40 am

I love all our dogs but sometimes one comes along that steals your heart that little bit quicker than usual, that's what Pheobe did to me yesterday :smiley-love029.gif:

What a beautiful, gentle, loving, calm and easy girl, met me in her kennel with kisses and waggy tail, a dream to harness and then we were off on our walk. She trotted along with little Arthur terrier good as gold, easy peasy on the lead. Pheobe melted my heart in moments :smiley-love014.gif: :smiley-love014.gif: :smiley-love014.gif:

Photos to follow, this is one special girl, so hope her stay with us is short and she's cosy in her new home soon, love love love her xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Phoebe Staffie DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Postby CoraMc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Phoebe is a little angel!! She walked today with a relatively new walker, Chrissy, and behaved so well for her. I then popped in for cuddles to get to know her better. She is calm and affectionate and safe at last! I don't expect her to be with us long, given how perfect she is!!!
CoraMc

Postby Sarahk » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Pheobe out enjoying her Friday walk with Arthur...
image.jpg

Beautiful girl...
image.jpg
image.jpg
Leaning back into my leg, love her :0)

image.jpg

Love her, more pics soon
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Prepare to be wow'd, Pheobe is such a bundle of wonderful Kiss of love.gif
DSC01091.JPG

Very special girl, so gentle and kind, meet her and you just know that, she is adorable :D
DSC01074.JPG
DSC01089.JPG
DSC01085.JPG

DSC01078.JPG
DSC01079.JPG
DSC01080.JPG
DSC01082.JPG
DSC01084.JPG
DSC01090.JPG
DSC01088.JPG
DSC01086.JPG

Beauty on 4 legs Kiss of love.gif
Sarahk

Postby Chris86 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Oh wow, isn't Phoebe just a gorgeous girl!? Such a lovely expression on her face, such soft loving eyes. Despite never meeting her she welcomed me with kisses and a waggy tail. She harnessed herself somehow! One second I had it in my hand, the next her head was inside. Clever girl :biggrin.gif:

Only a brief walk before I found out Lynne was taking her for her jabs! Easy to tell in such a short amount of time that there's something special about Phoebe though :smiley-gen132.gif:
Chris86

Postby xxlynne » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Phoebe travelled to the vets and had her 2nd vaccination yesterday. We then took her on to cat and chicken tested her ...she passed

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
xxlynne

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed