Rio Staffie DOB 2013 Tunbridge Wells

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Rio Staffie DOB 2013 Tunbridge Wells

Postby xxlynne » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:39 pm

Current Status: Homed

Rio22.jpg

Rio needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Rio was handed into a vets to be put to sleep by his drug addict owners. Rio was on drugs and to took awhile to get them out of his system. The vets managed to persuade a local Poundie Rescue to squeeze him in despite they were overfull. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Rio was foster in Tunbridge Wells as an only pet. His fosterer has adopted him

Rio has had a tough life & arrived on our door under weight & low in confidence (Owned by drug addicts and arrived at vet on drugs asking to put him to sleep- vets took him in). He is settled around other dogs though still building confidence. Welcomes people & the lovely walks they offer. Rio is on a good quality food & fostered as only pet. Royale

Visit Rio's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Rio55.jpg
Rio88.jpg
The neck Tickle

Rio's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: He is 2yrs old come from a home that has major drug addiction.... when at kennels took time for the drugs to come out of his system and now is a well behaved boy which has shown no aggression to anyone or any dogs and has been good with my 2 toddlers....... That is what the kennels sent me about him. He was handed in to the vet to be PTS, but they thought it was a shame as he was such a nice boy. I did say no we had no room but they managed to persuaded us. He was chipped, vacc'd and neutered. We were asked to help Rio from friends in Wales, despite our books being closed we took Rio in
Rio3.jpg
Rio2.jpg
Rio1.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Rio Staffie DOB 2013 Godstone Kenns

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:09 pm

Lynne brought Rio over to have his photo taken today, a bit nervy at first, took one look at me and jumped back into the car....Mmmm maybe a treat will bring him round, SUCCESS -
I even got a lick on my face - We were now the best of friends.....so off we trotted in the paddock where he met Rachel with a very waggy tail.

He does have a worried look on his face but there were three terriers very close by, all barking away and he seemed quite apprehensive about them ....
untitled-2.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
untitled.jpg
untitled-3.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-6.jpg

he started to fall asleep whilst Rachel was tickling his neck:
untitled-8.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby jacnmrb » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:21 pm

What a handsome boy, gorgeous xx for Rio
jacnmrb

Postby CoraMc » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:17 pm

Gorgeous boy, you are now safe and loved, cannot wait to meet you xxx
CoraMc

Postby anne » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

I am in love with Rio already. He looks like he could be Penfold's big brother!
I got a happy but slightly nervous greeting but a soft word and we were quickly friends and Rio was happy to be fussed and cuddled. No problem getting his harness on and out of the block. First we went to the paddock where Rio had a run around and spent lots of time wandering around investigating all the smells. He was a bit distant and disconnected while in the paddock and would run after a ball but then lose interest and wander off.
Lead walking he is much more connected and responsive. He is excellent walking with you and seems a bit surprised if the lead goes taut and looks back at you to check all is OK. He loves to investigate and check out smells and he did get a little excited over a couple of noisy birds and the sheep but he is responsive and will move on with a little encouragement. We stopped by the stile and Rio was happy to lean in for cuddles and strokes.
Post walk I sat in his kennel and he really enjoyed cuddles and fuss and became extremely affectionate and soppy with me. :smiley-gen132.gif:
Rio is a super boy and I look forward to walking him again and watching him blossom within the love of our rescue family.
anne

Postby Littlemissy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:30 pm

What gorgeous eyes this little man has...hopefully i get a chance to meet him ..although i think he will b first on everyones walking list :D
Littlemissy

Postby Chapmania » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Had the pleasure of meeting our Rio today. What a super boy :) Rio got out of his basket and greeted me with a lovely waggy tail. He is quite a small Staffie and certInly needs to put on a little weight which I am sure he will do with the loving care from our wonderful kennel staff.

Rio ignored the other dogs exiting the kennel block. First stop was the paddock where Rio quickly found a tennis ball to play with. He was happy with me throwing a ball and him running after it. The trouble is he had a ball in his mouth the whole time and didn't quite get the game! :shock: He enjoyed himself anyway which was the main thing.

We had a lovely walk where Rio walked very nicely on a slack lead. He had a little sniff but was more interested in staying by my side. He certainly loves a cuddle and the sausages went down a treat :)

Look forward to seeing this dear little boy blossom within our rescue and securing his forever home :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
Chapmania

Postby Littlemissy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Took the handsome boy Rio out yesterday...what a little beaut...easy to harness...and no problems with kennel exit ..in fact he took no notice of the others. We headed off to the paddock where he had a great game of chase the ball, although he already had a ball in his mouth...well i guess there always room for another!!...then Rio had a mooch around and gave the trees a water or 2. Rio knows and uses with lightening speed the command sit and he does stay on sit very well. Rio is a loving and gentle pup who really would be a pleasure to own. Love him already x Kiss of love.gif
Littlemissy

Postby anne » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Rio is such a friendly, gentle boy who adores human company. He seems calm around other dogs but does carry some emotional baggage from his past. He is such a delight to walk, happy, very tuned in and walking on a slack lead. He is getting used to horses and other animals in the fields, I wonder if he was a town dog before.
Back in his kennel he loves a cuddle and a massage, which helps to relax him and helps him deal with the stress of the kennel environment. Such a delightful cuddle monster. Kiss of love.gif
anne

Postby anne » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:19 am

Rio is as soft as butter. He is so gentle and loves to lean against you and get stroked and massaged. If you stop he gently touches you with his paw to carry on.
Rio loves to play and is great playing fetch. He gives up the ball easily and gently for the next throw but also running round with the retrieved ball in his mouth, enjoying the game. Once he settles more I think we might see a bit of a cheeky side to him. Certainly spending time with him you feel a deep connection.

Look at those eyes
DSCF4753rio.jpg

DSCF4759rio.jpg

DSCF4760rio.jpg

DSCF4764rio.jpg

DSCF4776rio.jpg

DSCF4779rio.jpg

DSCF4786rio.jpg

taking treats so gently
DSCF4796rio.jpg
anne

Postby anne » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Rio is a very special boy. He loves to run in the paddock and loves his cuddles too. He is so easy to walk, just enjoying your company and his time out investigating around the hedgerows. He disappeared into the hedge a couple of times where there are rabbit holes, wondering where those pesky rabbits had disappeared to!
Rio is so appreciative of any attention and we spend special time together after his walk just chilling, Rio relaxing and enjoying having his belly rubbed with relaxing oils.
Oh dear, another favourite. I love this gentle chap to bits bighug.gif
anne

Postby nina » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:19 pm

Rio came home with me today for a couple of hours as he finds the kennels very stressful. I had not met him before, but he is a gorgeous dog and took to me straightaway. He was no trouble in the car, travelled beautifully and met the family like long lost friends. He is very respectful in the house, I asked him not to go upstairs and he immediately turned and followed me to the kitchen, such a good boy.

He was very excited but was trying very hard not to have a complete mad moment in the house, so we did that in the garden, back in and he was then allowed to go upstairs, he was so good, so connected and responds straight away, I was amazed.

He had some lunch,but rather liked me feeding it to him....

IMG_20151231_35665.jpg

He is a beautiful looking dog with quite a short stocky face, which is very kissable. He snuggled on the sofa, but when we were all in the kitChen he happily laid on his bed watching what we were doing, he was also happy enough not to follow me out of the kitchen, a very chilled and relaxed boy in a home. I can't sing his praises enough, he is welcome to come again as he was a perfect guest. The next photos show him looking rather anxious, but they show his pretty face,......he is watching the birds in the garden, gorgeous boy

IMG_20151231_15377.jpg

IMG_20151231_33129.jpg
nina

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed