Rosie Staffie DOB 04.15 Leicester

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Rosie Staffie DOB 04.15 Leicester

Postby xxlynne » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Current Status: Homed

Rosie42.jpg

Rosie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Known background: Rosie was found in a smelly bin room in a multi-story high rise on the 4th Nov 15 and unclaimed from a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Rosie was spayed on entry to our Rescue, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Rosie was in foster with a family with 2 older children & 2 large dogs in Waterlooville. Rosie was homed in with a other dog and children but the resident dog has found her too playful so she is looking for a new home.

Visit Rosie's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Rosie45.jpg
Rosie48.jpg
Rosie56.jpg
Rosie59.jpg

Rosie's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Adam in Broxbourne has asked us to find Rosie her new family.
xxlynne

Re: Rosie Staffie DOB 04.15 Waterlooville Foster

Postby Rummibailey » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Wow, what a difference a couple of hours make!

I met Lynne with Rosie at Guildford Kennels, after she has been spayed. She was vary wary after her strange day and looked very scared when sat in the back of my car. Before we left for home, I sat in the back with her for 5 minutes and she quickly learnt to trust and ended up leaning into me and giving gentle kisses!

We got home and she greeted Kev and the girls, but was a little unsure. However, as soon as we brought Mitzy out, her tail came up and started wagging and she was smitten. She keeps following Mitzy around and trying to sleep in her bed with her.

She and Sam are not totally sure of each other, with Sam giving a couple of warning barks when he was concerned, and she immediately left him alone. They'll get on fine once she realises you just ignore his silly barks!!!

Rosie has a lovely young inquisitive nature, wanting to know what is going on and loving cuddles. She's pretty calm at the moment, but we might see a difference once she recovers from her spay (although she seems perfectly fine now!).

Lovely girl, friendly, loving and keen to please!

Don't Breed and Buy while Thousands Die in UK dog pounds
Rummibailey

Postby xxlynne » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:56 pm

Rosie so needs the love of a family and what better family to help her self belief and teach her life skills. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxlynne

Postby Rummibailey » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Rosie had a good night, sleeping downstairs with our dogs. Only sound as we went asleep was the occasional bark from Sam when Rosie was obviously trying to share a bed with him! Mitzy has relented and shares her bed occasionally! She had no accidents overnight and nothing was out of place.

Full of beans this morning, had a short walk with Mitzy and not bothered by traffic but needs occasional reassurance about loud noises or strange things. Likes to keep an eye on you and can get under your feet sometimes but all skills she will work on.

She's just a typical young dog who hasn't had much training but loves to please!
Rummibailey

Postby Rummibailey » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Rosie is enjoying the sofa!
rosie resize.jpg
Rummibailey

Postby MrsP » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:55 pm

Oh those puppy cuddles are making me green with envy!
MrsP

Postby Rummibailey » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:02 am

You'd love her! She is a little unsure of new people at the moment but seeing how far she has come in one day, I don't think it will take long for her general confidence to build. She's certainly confident with dogs, and doesn't pull towards or bark at other dogs when out and about. She would love to play with our dogs but Sam is still in his 'neurotic' phase and Mitzy is being 'stern Auntie Mitzy'. I expect to have some playing videos to share in 2/3 days once our dogs decide to let their hair down! She's had a few tellings off from Mitzy when trying to jump on her back and takes it well!
Rummibailey

Postby Rummibailey » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:27 am

sleepy rosie_opt.jpg
Rummibailey

Postby Rummibailey » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Rosie is happy to share treats with Mitzy, and does a very nice sit:
rosie2.jpg

(but she does try to creep closer!)
rosie3.jpg

Such a pretty girl!
rosie1.jpg

She adores other dogs and when I took her up the hill this afternoon she greeted every dog politely and enthusiastically. I think she would have loved to play with them all but had to be restricted as she was spayed a couple of days ago. She is still cautious of new people, but a few people I met were happy to give her some bits of cheese I had, and she quickly relaxed. I think that after lots of 'new people = cheese' she'll soon come around.

She's currently learning that when Mitzy is chewing her antler, and growls at you, it is best to leave her alone! I'm sure Mitzy will help her fine-tune her doggy skills, Mitz is very tolerant with the youngsters but teaches them when no means no!
Rummibailey

Postby Rummibailey » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Rosie and Mitzy just had a lovely big play session. Rosie still needs to learn that you don't jump on Mitzy's back, but she'll learn!.....Although at one point Mitzy actually turns her back on her, and lies down, inviting her to jump on! You can also see Jess teaching her not to mouth but taking her hands away if she does.

Rummibailey

Postby Rummibailey » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Rosie has passed her 2-3 day induction from Mitzy and it is now officially time to play!

Rummibailey

Postby Rummibailey » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Rosie was left for 30 minutes today (with our dogs) and was perfect, not a thing out of place and didn't seem too concerned at being left. Since she arrived, she has not chewed a single thing she shouldn't have and have enjoyed the stagbars and small cuddly toys she has been given.
Rummibailey

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed