Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008- May 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
anne

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Blossom was brilliant again today showing new boy, Tommy, around. She was comfortable around him from the off and was choosing to walk up close by his side.
anne

Post by anne »

This girl is beautiful, inside and out.
DSCF6005.jpgblossom.jpg
DSCF6008.jpgblossom.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I took my favourite girl for a walk in the woods, closely followed by Leeanne with King. Blossom was always checking that King was not too far behind us, when he was out of site, she would wait for him. Such a gentle sweet soul, let's hope her forever home comes soon angel13.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

beautiful Blossom shared her walk with new boy Ace this morning. She soon put him at ease with her calm, friendly manner and was keen to get close and say hello. We did let them meet towards the end of the walk and they were both very polite.
DSCF7303.jpgaceblossom.jpg
DSCF7304.jpgaceblossom.jpg
DSCF7306.jpgaceblossom.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Blossom was again wonderful on her walk this morning. Blossom and I were accompanied by Louise and Evie and the 2 dogs walked calmly and happily together. Blossom was very keen to be close to Evie but respected her space when asked.

DSCF7741.jpgblossomEvie.jpg
DSCF7745.jpgblossomEvie.jpg
DSCF7747.jpgbolossom Evie.jpg
minimum

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 West Molesey Foster

Post by minimum »

Blossom arrived with us last Friday and we fell in love with her straight away. As I was at work, Caitlin welcomed her to our home the first day and now seems to be Blossom's favourite.
She had a good first night, there were no issues. She is very nervous going out, the tail between the legs but with lots of encouragement she happily trundles along. She only pulls when she realises we are heading home or getting close to home. She has met many of our dog pals as well as others we don't know. Everyone is taken with her. She is such a gentle soul. She is not bothered in the least with other dogs when they come sniffing. She seems a little wary of people sometimes. She starts to shake but we continue to reassure her. Late this week we even had a few tail wags when coming in which was a lovely surprise.
We drove to Esher Common for a woodland walk. She again seemed nervous in the car so Caitlin sat in back with her. Once we got there we all had a good walk and met a few more dogs along the way.
I took her for a run on Friday although I hadn't started out to go for run but as she looked like she wanted to, off we went. Had to stop a few times (had to catch my breath!) she does run faster much than me and I was being pulled along! Lots of sprinting, but she seemed to really enjoy this. Next time make sure I am wearing the right kit before we take off.
She had had some stitches put in above her eye and we were told to cut them off in a few days. We didn't think we'd be up to this task but yesterday whilst sitting on sofa, she sat there calm as can be and let Caitlin trim the stitches off. Good girl Blossom! She's great guard dog. As we live near a large supermarket, lots of passersby, she makes herself known to all that this is her home. Apart from that she's very quiet and docile.
We have purchased a dog cam so that we can check when we are out that she is okay. Apart from the occasional standing on the sofa barking at someone passing, she's sat quietly looking out window. We are surprised that she hasn't been snapped up yet as she is so loving once she gets to know you. Gorgeous gorgeous girl!
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely to see blossom is in foster. ..thank you so much love4.gif
minimum

Post by minimum »

Well, 3 weeks tomorrow Blossom has blessed our lives! I have taken her to a few new places such as Hampton Court Palace and a 4 mile walk from Godstone. Whilst she is so nervous to begin with, usual tail between legs, once we got going she was absolutely fine. She is so easy to walk which I know everyone has mentioned. She is not bothered by other dogs, cats, squirrels, sheep or cows. She just plods along. We stopped at the pub for lunch and the insecurity starts again. One of the staff came over to give her a treat which she rejected as she was again in her fearful state and shaking. Staff member understood and was so soothing and gentle with her. In fact, all those we meet can immediately see that she needs tlc and reassurance. Everyone who stops us to say hello to Blossom, has fallen in love with her gentle nature. I met one fell head over heels with her after stopping us on our walk, but sadly unable to have a dog at the moment because of the hours she is working. Watch this space.
JoJoPrice

Post by JoJoPrice »

You could try the same walk everyday, get her used to the fact that she will always be coming back home. This worked wonders with Rowan (it took me a year to get him to happily walk from home) we just did the same route every morning ..... 3 years on he now tells me where he wants to walk.
I'm sure in time Blossom will realise that new situations aren't so overwhelming and learn to relax.

Rowan still has his moments where we set off and something spooks him, so we go back to the front door and wait until I can see he has calmed down and we try again.

Look forward to reading all of Blossoms adventures with you :goodjob.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”