Kevin Staffie DOB ?2014 Chigwell Essex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Kevin Staffie DOB ?2014 Chigwell Essex

Postby xxlynne » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Current Status: Homed

Kevin11.jpg

Kevin needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Kevin "was found tied to a lamp post for 2 days with people feeding him" the person that handed him in said. He was unclaimed. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Kevin's life. Kevin is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Kevin is in Chessington boarding kennels

Visit Kevin's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Kevin3.jpg
Kevin10.jpg
Kevin12.jpg

Kevin's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: PLEASE HELP!!!! We have 2 nice staffie boys in our kennels. Overall, they are both friendly dogs, desperate for love. We are desperate to move them on to re-homing On the 3/9/15 we collected Kevin – He had been taken to a Vets by a member of the public who claimed he’d been tied to a lamp post on Elm Grove for 2 days and said they’d been feeding him and offering water. He is a typical Staffie. He was also a bit scared and meek initially, but is more confident now. He has a white body and a cute black eye patch. He pulls a bit on the lead and is not fully assessed with other dogs. Probably not 100% but they have both been in kennels a long time. Our kennel staff think he would probably be fine with a dominant bitch. Kevin had kennel cough so had to spend some time in isolation and we weren’t able to vaccinate him. Iz dog warden
Kevin.jpg

Kevin comes 15th Oct
xxlynne

Re: Kevin Staffie DOB TBAss Bright Pound comes 16th Oct

Postby Sarahk » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:49 am

I met Kevin yesterday, what a sweetheart :)

A little scared with his head down at the end of his kennel as I entered but a few treats and a short time later he was happy to approach me for a tickle of his chin ! Then, lead on, he put his paws on my knees and I got a full face wash of staffie kisses :D

Lovely walk followed, super boy :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Kevin Staffie DOB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Postby RosC » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:41 pm

Kevin is a proper little stocky staffie. He was very welcoming in the kennel and good to harness. Out on our walk with Sydney he took the lead and stopped every few feet to sniff and investigate his new surroundings. He clearly enjoyed his walk and seemed happy in the company of Sydney, although he didn't seem to want to get close, just happy to keep his distance and much more interested in his surroundings than another dog. We passed another dog walker and again he passed without reaction. A lovely boy - such a beautiful face with his black eye :D Cant wait to meet him again.
RosC

Postby Tim » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Wowza is my thought after meeting Kevin, on reading how he was found I'm gobsmacked ! - he's such a friendly, friendly boy.

Very easy to harness when i was in his kennel, I was greeted with a waggy tail and lots of face licks. Rachel walked him for a majority of the walk and she said he doesn't pull at all on his lead....and he loves his cuddles as you'll see from the photos.
untitled-11.jpg

My favourite phote, what a great staffie smile :cloud9.gif:
untitled-3.jpg
untitled.jpg
untitled-8.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-5.jpg

he was very in tune with Rachel, no treats with her but she's just talking to him and he sat there so intensely listening to her
untitled-9.jpg

How happy does he look ....
untitled-10.jpg
untitled-7.jpg

I eventually got to have a cuddle
untitled-12.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby Chris86 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Amazing how different those pics make Kevin look compared to his current one in the first post! He really looks like a great little character, love the little eye patch :biggrin.gif:
Chris86

Postby Yvesboz » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Here is a born clown with his "pirate's face" :) Very playful fellow coming out the kennel. Walked really well and very inquisitive with his nose and adventurous throughout the walk as he wants to investigate off the track smells and noises...would be the perfect companion, "mate" to the right owner.
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Yvesboz

Postby xxlynne » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Kevin was neutered yesterday Excellent travelling in the dog mobile and such a good boy in the vets. Loves to play with his lead but then quite hyped from being int kennels too long. He is Staffilicious
xxlynne

Re: Kevin Staffie DOB ?2014 Gatwick Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Found a picture on the internet....

Smiles.jpg

Now who did they remind me of?????
Kevin3.jpg
xxlynne

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Brilliant Lynne:

thumbs up.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby CoraMc » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:27 am

Kevin was an angel yesterday, showing newer walker Paul the ropes. He was friendly and cheerful (Paul and Kevin!!) and settled well in the company of other dogs. A real smasher who deserves his own home and warm bed.
CoraMc

Postby PaulGriffin » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:44 pm

I was really pleased to walk Kevin on Saturday, he was really excited to get out on his walk. I am getting a soft spot for him. He loves his cuddles. Out on the walk he is very well behaved, no pulling. He is curious as to what is going on around him but is a pleasure to walk.
PaulGriffin

Postby ChrisE » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:32 am

So good to see Kevin is having such a lovely welcome at Gatwick kennels. From the short time I saw him on Friday I could see what a great dog he was.
ChrisE

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed