Meera Staffie DOB 06.14 Bristol, South Glos

Dogs that have found their forever home
EastwayGang

Meera Staffie DOB 06.14 New malden W/E foster

Post by EastwayGang »

Well someone has chilled out!! Meera hasn't really played with her toys the last two weekends. She's making up for that this weekend! She's gnawing her bone right now having shown us her best ballet leaps off the patio to fetch her ball. Oh and then she found some fox poo and made sure to have a REALLY good roll in it. Bath time after that!

So nice to see her letting her hair down!!
EastwayGang

Post by EastwayGang »

Dropped Meera back at kennels this morning on my way to work. She had a good weekend with us. Very cheeky this weekend - as I said earlier, I think she has chilled out!

We had quite a few walks this weekend where there were lots of other dogs around. Myra doesn't like off lead dogs comming over to her - can't say I blame her there - but is no problem to walk. She doens't pull on the lead and is very good about stopping when I want to cross the road.

The kennel staff are lovely - all recognised her this morning and were so welcoming, and Meera was pleased to see them too. But Myra needs a place to call her own. For anyone reading this - we are not "dog gurus" in the way that some fosterers are. We are a family that would love to have a dog of our own but circumstances don't permit it right now. We have two young children, a cat and all the chaos that goes with it. Meera has coped with most of that chaos. She needs someone around - so a working family like ours wouldn't suit her - but someone at home during the day would be fine. Once she settles on the weekend, she follows us around the house and wants to be in the same room as us but doesn't demand our attention all the time. She's been very good with the girls, and I think she'd be fine with cats - I keep her and Lola separated given Meera is only here on weekends but her "cat testing" was fine. Please forever family, come along for her soon!
Bedtime snuggles
Bedtime snuggles
EastwayGang

Post by EastwayGang »

We had our favourite girl Meera to visit for the day last Thursday.

Meera came home with us first. I let her off the lead in the garden as we got in and she had such a lovely time zooming around. She did about 6 laps, each time running back towards me with a huge grin on her face. Then she practised her ballet leaps off the patio. And for her grand finale she found a nasty pile of fox poo and rolled in it. That was the end of the garden fun – bath time for Meera! While I don't think a bath would come in Meera's top 10 list of fun activities she was well behaved and patient and came out smelling beautiful with a lovely soft coat. Meera is a really beautiful girl, she has a lovely beige and white coat.

After lunch we had planned an autumn stomp on Wimbledon Common. First we had to stop at Pets at Home for a new extender lead and some dog treats. Meera was very well behaved in the shop. She is absolutely fine around people, whether the hustle and bustle of our high street or the activity in a shop. Such an easy girl who loves people!
From there we went up to the Common for our walk. Meera had great fun sniffing in the bushes, jumping over fallen logs and splashing through puddles. We met 2 off lead dogs whose owner was nowhere in sight. To be fair they weren't threatening or boisterous but it always makes me really nervous to have 2 unknown dogs come up to us when I have my own daughters and my dog to look after. Meera was fine – we stopped in the hopes they'd go past or their owner would appear (he or she never did) and the dogs just had a sniff of her. She didn't growl or react at all. As there was no sign of owner I decided we would carry on and Meera was quite happy to walk on after the girls. Luckily the other dogs didn't want to follow us. We met a few other dogs on the walk and Meera was fine with all except one small dog that yap yap yapped at us and earned a growl. I found that dog quite irritating too so didn't really blame Meera!

We drove back to the kennels directly after our walk with both Meera and my younger daughter all walked out. Meera settled next to her on the backseat and rested her head on my daughter's lap, and we had a very quiet drive back to Chessington. We were all so sorry to say goodbye to Meera after a really lovely day together.

I really hope someone reading this takes a fancy to Meera. She is a lovely girl, gentle and easy to manage and would be a lovely addition to someone's family.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Someone really didn't want to say goodbye...
Someone really didn't want to say goodbye...
EastwayGang

Grace (Meera) Staffie DOB 06.14 Godalming Hants

Post by EastwayGang »

Fabulous news!! Be happy Meera, you're an amazing girl as I'm sure your new family is finding out. :D
Lucablaise

Re: Meera Staffie DOB 06.14 Godalming Hants

Post by Lucablaise »

(Homed but returned for growely whilst on the sofa and a few incidents with other dogs. Homing with very young children is a sensitive matter. Meera needs older children as she was wonderful in her foster placement and previous home)
In the interest of transparency homing entry left up:

This lovely girl came home with us last Saturday 7th. After a 'tricky' few days settling in (so sorry Dianna and Lynne!!) it feels like Meera has now been with us for years. She has settled in beautifully and is truly one of us now! Meera starts her day with a walk to school with my wife Amy and our two children, Nico and Luca. She is such a people dog and greets everyone with a wagging tail and a kiss (if they let her) Meera is also becoming much more accepting of other dogs and we can now walk her back home through the park on the lead without her barking at every dog in sight! In fact I took her to our local pet shop tonight and she met three other dogs in there and behaved like a true lady, wagging her tail and generally being very sociable. Meera is an incredibly intelligent girl, who has even worked out how to open all the doors (not the front one thankfully) in our house. We are now able to leave her for short periods of time while we pop to the shops etc and she is as good as gold (no chewed furniture or 'accidents' left for us!) She now opens my son's bedroom door while we are out, sits on his window ledge and waits patiently for us to come home! Amy is definitely the apple of Grace's eye and follows her everywhere she goes (getting a bit jealous actually ;) ) She is beautiful with my kids and enjoys a bedtime story with my little ones every night. We are all overjoyed to have her in our lives and thank you so much Lynne, Dianna and The Eastway Gang for bringing her our way. We will be posting regular updates and photos so you can all see how she is doing.
EastwayGang

Re: Meera Staffie DOB 06.14 Godalming Hants

Post by EastwayGang »

So glad to hear she is settling down well! She is such a sweetie and so lovely around children, I can just imagine her enjoying bedtime stories. Thank you so much for giving her a lovely home. She is, as you say, a people dog and really needed her home. :thanks.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Meera Staffie DOB 06.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Meera came back into our care today. She will enjoy lovely walks with Jessie her friend who is now at Guildford kennels.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Meera is beautiful very cuddly and loves a snuggle. She will be a favourite with the Guildford walkers and I know she will so enjoy seeing Jessie again! xxx Kiss of love.gif bighug.gif
Bunnyowl

Post by Bunnyowl »

Meera! What a Beautiful girl, so small and cute, really easy to walk and really friendly. Bless her she is a little nervous at the moment but this will soon go away. We enjoyed a lovely walk with little Muffin and walker Pippa today which was lovely, neither of them seemed that interested in each other and they just enjoyed their walk together. Can't wait to see this girl again. SO sweet!
20151215_131034_opt.jpg
Bunnyowl

Post by Bunnyowl »

20151216_122130_opt.jpg
Beautiful Meera on our walk today. Such a good girl.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”