Heidi Staffie DOB ?2006 Guildford Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Heidi Staffie DOB ?2006 Guildford Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:09 pm

Current Status: Available

heidi1.JPG

Heidi needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Known background: Heidi was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Heidi is now spayed, chipped and fully vaccinated. Heidi is in boarding kennels nr Chessington with frequent short breaks in foster.

Heidi is around 10 years old definitely full of energy and always ready to go on long walks. Heidi prefers to be an only dog but did join other dogs for brief periods when recovering from spay though apprehensive. Heidi could live alongside respectful children, & within an experienced family who have with Staffies. Heidi is perfect inside, clean, and not protective of her food. She will not go on furniture unless invited and knows she needs to be cleaned after a walk and will stand still until done. If a dog is barking outside, she does not bark back and barely acknowledge it. She only barks if teased with a piece of cheese or oatcake!! Outside very good in a “city” environment as she does not engage people unless they come to her. In the country everything is an “adventure”, she loves tracking squirrels and is very alert to birds and other wildlife. Meeting other dogs..she is a Staffie but as long as you have responsible owners no problems, you move her along. Cheekie character Great funster!

Visit Heidi's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Heidi50.JPG
Heidi30.jpg
HeidiPaw (1).jpg
Heidi71.JPG

Heidi79.JPG
Heidi17.JPG
Heidi19.JPG

Heidi's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Adam Broxbourne Kennel owner has asked us if we can find Heidi her new family

Heidi came into our Rescue today. She had a lovely walk alongside Freddie then Heidi spent the night with Jackie
Heidi3.jpg
Heidi5.jpg
Heidi6.jpg
Heidi7.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Heidi Staffie DOB ?2006 Tunbridge Wells Temp Foster

Postby xxlynne » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Heidi went into our vets today our vet went to spay but discovered she was spayed, she was 1st vaccinated and was found already chipped.
xxlynne

Postby MrsP » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Heidi and friends, very relaxed and happy in doggy company
Heidi Darcy.JPG
on the left
Darcy Heidi Freddy.JPG
on the left again
Freddie Heidi.JPG
and again!
MrsP

Postby johnfowle » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Heidi has been here a couple of days now. She has been introduced to the "Mob" and was fine with all of them until Kingsley took exception at being sat upon. Just "handbags" and both settled down quickly. She's extremely friendly and keen to welcome her walkers with a wagging tail. I slept with her on her first night and she snuggled up close to me and didn't move a muscle until it was time to get up. She walks with purpose and enjoys the smells of the woods near here.

She will make some lucky person a super companion and is remarkably active for a nine year old.
johnfowle

Postby Sarahk » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:39 pm

I loved meeting Heidi when I did my last photos up at Broxbourne, she's such a happy staff, an utter delight, and other than her gorgeous grey muzzle you really would never know her age, feast your eyes on the beauty ...
DSC08249.JPG
DSC08250.JPG
DSC08248.JPG
DSC08282.JPG
DSC08283.JPG
DSC08287.JPG
DSC08289.JPG
DSC08292.JPG
DSC08294.JPG
DSC08300.JPG

And Heidi loved to roll in the shade ...
DSC08267.JPG
DSC08271.JPG
DSC08279.JPG

Isn't she lovely, cheeky grin too :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Heidi Staffie DOB ?2006 Godstone Kenns

Postby Chapmania » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:22 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Heidi yesterday, such a friendly girl. As soon as she saw the leads and harness in my hand she was very excited. Very easy girl to harness and get ready, no reaction to passing dogs in the kennel block.

Heidi walked well to the paddock. As soon as I let her off lead she was off enjoying herself, running and running. She had several good rolls but wasn't that keen on playing ball. There was far too much investigating to do :)

On our walk I discovered that Heidi does not like cats, squirrels or birds, she was ready for the chase! Not suitable to be homed with small furries judging by her reaction.

A super little girl with a lot more energy than I thought she would have. She reminded me of Kizzie, a much loved older lady who happily is in her forever home. Fingers crossed your forever home isn't far away, Heidi :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Postby AJandBillie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:56 pm

We met Heidi yesterday and she had a play and photoshoot in the paddock with us. She was very easy to harness up and she was unreactive to the dogs she passed in the kennels.

Once she was in the paddock she had loads of energy and just wanted to whizz around. We could tell she was old from her grey muzzle but I've just seen her DOB and she's 9 years old! WOW! She still has loads of energy. She really enjoyed having a roll around and wanted to play with the ball flinger and not the ball itself. She was a lovely, friendly girl! She seemed so happy to be out of her kennels and running around, we felt so sad putting her back in.

Here are some pictures of her, we have more so watch out for them...

Hedi  13.jpg

Heidi 1.jpg

Heidi 2.jpg

Hedi 3.jpg

Heidi 4.jpg

Heidi 5.jpg

Heidi 6.jpg

Hedi 7.jpg
AJandBillie

Postby Sarahk » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Impossible not to take pictures of this gorgeous girl ! Here's some from yesterday ...
DSC09438.JPG
DSC09442.JPG
DSC09443.JPG
DSC09441.JPG
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby AJandBillie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:38 am

Here are some more pictures of Heidi, as promised!

Hedi 18.jpg

Hedi 17.jpg

Hedi 16.jpg

Hedi 15.jpg

Hedi 14.jpg

Hedi  13.jpg

Hedi 12.jpg

Hedi 11.jpg

Hedi 10.jpg

Hedi 9.jpg

Hedi 8.jpg
AJandBillie

Postby VAL » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Heidi is now in Gatwick Kennels and I think I was the first to walk her here. She is no trouble at all and soon we were off. She was raring to go and explore all the new sights, sounds and smells. She certainly has energy. There is a bridge with two horizontal poles which the dogs either crawl under or climb in between. Heidi leapt over both - something I'd never seen before! Sorry no pictures as I'm no photographer. :smiley-confused004.gif:
VAL

Postby Chris86 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:32 pm

I walked Heidi for the first time today and wow, she really is a bundle of energy :smiley-chores002.gif: I wouldn't have guessed it from how she behaved in the kennels, she seemed very calm (and maybe slightly nervous). Very easy to harness. She definitely doesn't waste any time when it comes to walking though, setting me a nice pace to follow. She done exactly what Val said with me also, managed to fly over a decent height set of poles. Very athletic girl. I decided to set off at a slight jogging pace at one point which she took as an invitation to run at full speed. Not such a good idea over slippery, muddy, uneven ground :biggrin.gif:
Chris86

Postby Chris86 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:35 pm

If you see Heidi in her kennel she looks so down and glum, you'd be forgiven for thinking she'd want to take things easy at 9 years old. But once harnessed up and out of the kennels this girl has SO much energy. Energy with a capital 'E'... and probably capital everything else. ENERGY. If there's an obstacle to be jumped, she clears it with ease and grace. She really does set a quick pace and can be pretty strong on the lead at the times like she has an urgent appointment to attend back at the kennels, but it's nothing that's uncontrollable. I decided to have a couple of runs with her today, she has NO hesitation in breaking into to top speed. A little look back as if to say "What were you waiting for!?". Did I mention she has a lot of energy? :biggrin.gif:
Chris86

Next

Return to 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES